Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2.jpg
    1.jpg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    0610_KSLO_Pinball7_5804206_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Hey...I just took the radio, air conditioning, and GPS out of my car....sooo much faster now

Yeah, but you drive a teal Prius.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

AC/DC Premium is totally worth it. Like Metallica, the machine is so much more alive. Drop targets are absolutely better - there are also the TNT drops which reveal the lone TNT standup target - a tight and satisfying shot - and the TNT plunger moves up and down when you hit it. What about the bell!?!? ACDC Pro doesn't have a swinging bell (the later-run LED version does, but it's not as cool as the Prem/LE bell). You get the real molded train, the "dancing" band (yes, cheesy - but it moves in sync to each song's beat specifically...it makes Multiball feel more fun IMO), the crossover ramp, color changing LED inserts, color changing GI FX. I like the mini playfield - it doesn't play a huge role but it's something different and unique - and of course it looks better than the Angus "cover up decal" face. AC/DC Premium is a complete game. Pro is just too clearly stripped.

That's how I feel about GOT as well on first sight, regardless of the "speed and flow" of the game. The premium/LE just has more shots and more things to do. Seems like it'll have more staying power.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And I felt exactly the opposite. I think the POTD (Path of the Dragon) would interfere. The biggest reason I don't like Family Guy isn't the play of the upper playfield (the mini pinball machine). It is because slow shots to Lois get lost there, and I cannot see where the ball is. I thought GOT LE and Prem will have the same issue for me being bothered waiting to see where the ball went, so I went with the Pro.
    But I 100% agree with Rarehero, on AC/DC the Perm/LE is the real game. The Pro can be a hoot, but having everything on that game is just a much better game to play.

LOVE Stewie Pinball on FG. Isn't that what's great about pinball? There's something for everybody!

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And yet...a lot of times the LE "features" seem like afterthoughts, things designed simply to pad out the package and entice people to spend more money.
    The lower playfield on AC/DC is useless. It's CLEARLY an afterthought, something where more time was put into the asthetics than integration. I never pick those modes because they aren't fun and you don't need to do them to get huge scores. The old Stern LE model of "throw in a shaker/power ball" was the same thing. Pointless.
    You really have to wade through the LE "full features" to decide what's worth extra money to you. Do I really need a Space Ship on my Star Trek that not only shakes, but droops limply? I mean "crashes?"
    I just played 3 hours of GOT last night and I'm wondering what an extra upper playfield is gonna do for the gameplay on that one. Seemed pretty awesome just how it was.
    "Full-featured" is totally in the eye of the beholder on this one. Many of the features just seem like tacky add-ons.

If I recall correctly, Steve Ritchie once said that he designed games with what he wanted to do and implemented that design for the premium/LE. From there, he stripped it down to meet the BOM requirements of a pro. I'm not really sure he didn't want a lower playfield on AC/DC. Just because it sucks doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be there. I personally would want everything on my machine that the initial designer intended. The fact that the GOT pro plays so well without everything else is just a testament to SR's genius (and Dwight's awesome coding!).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-vs-premiumle?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.