5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi Pinside,

Looking to buy my first Pin. Looking here and Craigslist. However, I cannot PM anyone due to my account status (there is a pin on here I wanted to PM a member about). Can someone vouch for me? Maybe send me a PM or post here? I think I can add a username when I say I am being vouched for. Any volunteers? I am not a robot, and can post pics of the first purchase.

cheers!

#2 5 years ago

I was in a similar position recently ,by making a small donation to pinside you will gain the privelege you are seeking,let me know if you need more info or the vouch.what game are you looking at?

#3 5 years ago

Sorry. I donated instead.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

I was in a similar position recently ,by making a small donation to pinside you will gain the privelege you are seeking,let me know if you need more info or the vouch.what game are you looking at?

FYI, the verification system is intended to allow people who know each other to vouch for them and verify that they are a real person in the hobby.

If you offer to vouch for a stranger, there's a possibility that you may actually end up allowing a scammer or spammer in.

So, please be careful about verifying accounts, especially for someone you don't know or never met. Let them go through the other verification options available to them if you do not know them. Scammers are getting rather clever these days.

#5 5 years ago

Agreed, I get weird verification requests all the time. I simply deny and tell them to donate.

2 weeks later
    #6 5 years ago

There are zero verification options beside vouch and donation.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from phoenix_iii:

There are zero verification options beside vouch and donation.

Better open that wallet then... or get to know your local pinsiders.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-tip-1-have-a-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.