Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KJL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you like stuck balls and stuff breaking you GOTTA go premium!

We have a saying around my place

“Pro is the way to go!”

That’s the case with 95% of Sterns. A lot of the “extras” they put on the pros to charge more money (and get a waaaay bigger profit margin) as Premiums/LEs make the game worse.

I’m looking at you,
    - Walking Dead Lift up ramp
    - tiny Aerosmith upper playfield
    - huge GOT upper playfield
    - silly forks on SW getaway hyperloop
    - ball lamely going across the backboard on different models
    - huge hands on GOTG blocking view of the shots
    Etc etc etc

Hey! Just my opinion. YMMV.

rd

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure when you make up stuff like that the argument sounds reasonable. When you factor in dumb Groot arms or TWD crossbow instead if the Powerfield & Castle....not so much.

Exactly.

You gotta compare apples with apples ….

Godzilla pro still has a building. It just doesn’t go up and down. I’m happy with that. Rules and gameplay is almost identical.

Metallica pro still has a captive ball lock. Just that’s it’s virtual and the ball doesn’t go under the playfield. I have the LE (because they used to be pretty cheap back then!) but honestly I would totally be happy with the pro.

rd

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah those Groot arms on the premium do seem pretty worthless, really odd design choice.

If you look at a lot of pins over the last 6-7 years, and look at it from a design aspect, you can see a lot of stuff is just “how can we make this look like “more” so we can charge more”.

Add in $100-$200 of stuff (at their bulk buying cost) then charge $2000 more. “Look! It has huge Groot hands!!”

It’s really as simple as that. The hands are a perfect case. Take off those and it’s almost the same game as the pro. And the pro was thousands cheaper.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-premium-le?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.