• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
045.jpg
046.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

I have both, so thankfully do not have to choose between the two because that would be hard. Fortunately for you though they are pretty different. An aab drop target heavy game vs a replay stand up target/spinner game. Without looking at your collection, I'd say pick the one that most compliments (meaning: gives variety to) your collection. Both games give that to me as I am 'replay-drop target' heavy.

#7 8 years ago

and lastly, as I'm sure you already know...condition, either before or after you buy is key.

Both my games have been shopped/rebuilt and are fast. I once played a Pro-Pool for sale at MGC. If that had been my first and only experience with ems, I wouldn't be in this hobby now. It looked good but was not 'good'. That said, GA is beautiful and a blast to play. GA is actually getting the most play of my 12 pins now...so..... Which way are you leaning?

#26 8 years ago

Are those flippers set a little high? Hard to see, but the whole flow seems much better when my flipper center lines run parallel with both wire guides. Lower drops / flipper trajectory improves. Seems like a lot of owners vary this, but I believe I have it set up right.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 8 years ago

Why was that recommended if I could ask?

Was this an official Gtb recommendation, or did they have one?

#35 8 years ago

Campy art too, which may be my favorite pinball genre.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I never have had the chance to play pro pool. it looks like a good layout for an AAB game and a good art package too

It's the easiest to 'beat' of my games (I set a goal to light the 100k) but it plays differently then the rest. It's probably the most 'deliberate' game I have. You are in control for much of the game, and it's almost like a plinking gun game where you are hitting most of your shots if you're good, but 'how long you can keep it up' is the goal. 14 drops you can hit with both flippers, with medium to long range shots. A real sharp shooters game. imo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-pool-or-golden-arrow?tu=presqueisle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.