Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Toasterdog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

timeshock.jpg
    image-163895-full.jpg
    image-163894-full.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-160854-full.jpg
    image-160855-full.jpg
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Nice tech demo of the mighty Timeshock table with new rendering on the iPad.

#3 11 years ago

ULTRA JACKPOT!!!!

That does look amazing, and the Pro Pinball series has never been equaled as far as physics in pin simulations IMO.

#4 11 years ago

Impressive! Those lighting effects make a lot of the other stuff that's out there seem archaic.

#5 11 years ago

Pre rendered FTW! These should look amazing in full screen vertical mode on the PC. I just hope they can tweak the BRUSA and FJ ball physics which I was never a huge fan of.

#6 11 years ago

Wow, that looks incredible.

#7 11 years ago

Wow! As much as I like Farsight's stuff, this thing makes their tables look like cartoons. Before it started moving, I though someone just took a picture of a table!

#8 11 years ago

Just WOW

#9 11 years ago

Very impressive!

#11 11 years ago

Farsight deff has some compition and with lawlor and company pro pinball is going to be a hit!Someone need to make timeshock a real table love that game would be purchasing nib

#12 11 years ago

Very nice. I like the lighting effects.

Love the original Timeshock pinball game for the PC.
    Runs just fine on Windows 7. Originally a Windows 95 game back in 1997.

#13 11 years ago

I have the original but this is really nice!!!! Someone needs to make this into a real pinball machine!

1 week later
    #14 11 years ago

The Kickstarter is looking like it's going to fail at the current rate. It seems that either people don't know about it or they aren't prepared to pay $15 for the new Lawlor table or $50 for all 5 tables. I pledged the $100 even though I have my reservations about Kickstarter. It would be a terrible thing if this project was abandoned and I know the world will be a worse place not being able to play a brand new Lawlor/Youssi table on your Ipad or XBox360. And a new generation of players NEED to be able to play Timeshock especially.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1790321238/pro-pinball-revived-and-remastered

#16 11 years ago

My complaint is the pricing for sure. I'm not paying 50$ for these...

#17 11 years ago

Have you played the Pro Pinball tables? These are fully featured tables, with amazing details, voice talent, multiple music tracks, great animations and equalling the best real life tables in design, depth and longevity. I don't think you can compare them to Pinball Arcade or Zen Pinball in terms of quality so it's unfair to compare in terms of price. $15 for a brand new Pat Lawlor table? How is that overpriced?

#18 11 years ago

Not saying that new one would be overpriced, per se, but I'm not paying 50$ for remastered stuff that was done 20 years ago. Have I played them? Um...maybe 20 years ago. I honestly don't remember. If I did play them, they didn't really leave the impression that Epic Pinball did, so I'm going to say I probably didn't.

You want me to pay 50 bucks for a game that's 20 years old?

How about remaking Ascendancy?

Relentless?

Twinsen's Odyssey?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Not saying that new one would be overpriced, per se, but I'm not paying 50$ for remastered stuff that was done 20 years ago. Have I played them? Um...maybe 20 years ago. I honestly don't remember. If I did play them, they didn't really leave the impression that Epic Pinball did, so I'm going to say I probably didn't.
    Relentless?
    Twinsen's Odyssey?

Epic Pinball was terrible compared to these.

#20 11 years ago

Maybe, but regardless, it's what I had access to at the time as a kid. Honestly, I tried playing the Epic Pinball games about a month ago again, and the only one I can tolerate is Android, and the others only for the music if even that.

#21 11 years ago

The thing about the Pro Pinball tables is they still hold up after all this time, even if you've never played them.

#22 11 years ago

Exactly. Download the free Big Race USA table...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/download.pro-pinball.com/kickstarter/setup-brusa-1.20.exe

...and you'll see and feel the difference. It's old but it plays better than anything out there by a huge margin. No one else ever managed to get ball and flipper physics this good or put the same amount of time into each table as the real table manufacturers did. They can't churn these out every couple of months like Zen and they definitely fine tune them unlike Farsight's hastily churned out efforts.

Seriously, the pinball community needs these to keep the pinball revival going. Many newcomers first taste of pinball will be virtual and I wouldn't expect them to be too impressed by what's out there right now. My love of pinball was nurtured by Timeshock and a new generation could be too.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Relentless?
    Twinsen's Odyssey?

Most of the tables that people pay stupid money for restoring are over 20 years old. Each of the Pro Pinball tables go through the same amount of attention that a full priced video game did and that's why they were full priced in the day and also why they were so great. They have plans to make these new versions the ultimate virtual pinball possible and I believe they can do that and then some. $50 is NOTHING compared to the amount of game you get with these guys!

You think pinball deserves to be catagorised and priced alongside 79p iPhone games? That's an insult to the art of pinball! This is called PRO Pinball for a reason!

#24 11 years ago

I've bought them all from GOG.com: http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue/?search=Cunning+Developments
    and waiting for the Remastered versions too plus the whole new table!

Also you can support them by rating on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93991209
    That might help them get it on Steam too!

#25 11 years ago

Doubters check out footage from Timeshock and imagine that in fullscreen portrait mode on the iPad or a PC with the new lighting and rendering.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Doubters check out footage from Timeshock and imagine that in fullscreen portrait mode on the iPad or a PC with the new lighting and rendering.
    » YouTube video

Framerate looks pretty choppy on that video, but the real game is much smoother.

#27 11 years ago

I pledged. You're right that it doesn't look promising.

Is there any indication that if the Kickstarter campaign falls through then the project gets abandoned?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

You think pinball deserves to be catagorised and priced alongside 79p iPhone games? That's an insult to the art of pinball! This is called PRO Pinball for a reason!

Where in the f-....did I say that?

Pardon my french, but it's pretty warranted here. I don't like people shoving words into my mouth. What I said was that *I* will not pay 50 bucks for these. None of the three other games I mentioned are iPhone games except for Ascendancy, which has been ported after it was originally released for the PC waaaay back in 1995. And to date, is still my most expensive single-app purchase on the iPhone....at nine bucks. >=\

Jesus christ man, open your eyes. You are like the WOZ/Stern fanboys for Pro Pinball. I was going to download it and give it a shot, but honestly if opening this thread further leads to this kind of crap, I'll just skip it. There is a *massive* middle ground between Farsight's 2.50/game and 10$+ per table. I'm saying that if they were oh, I dunno, somewhere in the middle of there, they MIGHT be having a more successful Kickstarter campaign and possibly draw in people like me. At 50$ for a full game based on work that was done 20 years ago, I don't give TWO CRAPS how good it is, I'm not paying full price for a remaster job, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE FREAKIN' ORIGINALS ARE AVAILABLE ON GOOD OLD GAMES FOR SIX BUCKS A PIECE. >=\

#29 11 years ago

Okay, wish someone had mentioned it before chewing me out, but apparently if you kick in 2 bucks, that gets you the original version of two of the tables. THAT I can support, and will.

#30 11 years ago

I bought Fantastic Journey back then and thought it was very beautiful. Yet tough to play.

Rules of a pinball game is hard enough to learn let alone on a real game. On virtual pinball the playfield is much harder to read making it even tougher.

I hope for some innovation in that aspect. Much better guidance. Or perhaps allow players to play with infinite balls. Though this should disable high score intries. That goes for all virtuallers, Farsight included. Though their games are easier to learn to obvious reasons.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Okay, wish someone had mentioned it before chewing me out, but apparently if you kick in 2 bucks, that gets you the original version of two of the tables. THAT I can support, and will.

Unfortunately ONLY if the Kickstarter succeeds which, unless they get some more pledges isn't going to happen.

Hopefully this upcoming iPad demo will get the community going a bit but it's going to need a BIG kick up the arse to get past even 50% of the target.

Tell your friends on Facebook and Twitter! Trick gullible people into pledging WAY more than they afford! Hack into the government computers and rechannel foreign aid into a Kickstarter! This NEEDS to happen!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Where in the f-....did I say that?
    Pardon my french, but it's pretty warranted here. I don't like people shoving words into my mouth. What I said was that *I* will not pay 50 bucks for these. None of the three other games I mentioned are iPhone games except for Ascendancy, which has been ported after it was originally released for the PC waaaay back in 1995. And to date, is still my most expensive single-app purchase on the iPhone....at nine bucks. >=\
    Jesus christ man, open your eyes. You are like the WOZ/Stern fanboys for Pro Pinball. I was going to download it and give it a shot, but honestly if opening this thread further leads to this kind of crap, I'll just skip it. There is a *massive* middle ground between Farsight's 2.50/game and 10$+ per table. I'm saying that if they were oh, I dunno, somewhere in the middle of there, they MIGHT be having a more successful Kickstarter campaign and possibly draw in people like me. At 50$ for a full game based on work that was done 20 years ago, I don't give TWO CRAPS how good it is, I'm not paying full price for a remaster job, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE FREAKIN' ORIGINALS ARE AVAILABLE ON GOOD OLD GAMES FOR SIX BUCKS A PIECE. >=\

Jeez. I'm sorry for baiting you but I just think this is a reasonable amount for the quality. I'm assuming that they wouldn't charge that amount unless they were planning on doing a job worthy of that price. I do think we've been spoiled by iPhone app pricing yet still willing to pay $50 for a new Halo or COD game. Why can't a pinball game have the same amount of work put in as an A-List video game? The original Pro Pinball games were full price releases, probably £30 each and they were seriously advanced. If you don't think they are planning to do something special in the remaster then don't pay for that tier but you KNOW you're going to get your money's worth with the new table so at least put in for the $15 option. That's virtually nothing to ensure a new Pat Lawlor table exists in the world and you get one of your own to keep too!

Or don't, whatever!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

I pledged. You're right that it doesn't look promising.
    Is there any indication that if the Kickstarter campaign falls through then the project gets abandoned?

I pledged, too, but that is a lofty goal. Worse case scenario, Kickstarter funding fails. The Lawlor fifth table is abandoned, but the four original tables still come to market. I doubt Siverball Studios does nothing as the current rights holder to Pro Pinball. That would be an awful waste of money and effort.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I pledged, too, but that is a lofty goal. Worse case scenario, Kickstarter funding fails. The Lawlor fifth table is abandoned, but the four original tables still come to market. I doubt Siverball Studios does nothing as the current rights holder to Pro Pinball. That would be an awful waste of money and effort.

Yeah, the Timeshock video shows that they're already making quite a bit of progress on the Timeshock remastering. I highly doubt they'd abandon that....wouldn't make much sense.

#35 11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/embed/kdun_RdmuZQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

You can now download PC and Mac versions of the above lighting demo. I think they plan to release the iPad version soon too.

PC VERSION http://download.pro-pinball.com/pro_pinball_lighting_demo.zip

They've also added a bunch of new tiers and platforms. They will now be releasing on PS3, Vita (presumably cross platform too!), Android and Linux so you'll be able to take your pick. Also, there is a $10 option if you want just the Lawlor table on iOS or Android and a $35 option to have all 5 tables on iOS or Android.

#36 11 years ago

Back when they were getting the message out about this Kickstarter they made a pretty fatal mistake; they listed Android support as a "we hope to have in the future".

I saw that and instantly refused. If you treat my mobile devices like second class citizens, then you haven't earned my first class support (i.e. MONEY).

They have since changed their tune (today, no less), but I think it's too little, too late. The PR wave already happened, and anyone who had an android phone was already told to go away.

#37 11 years ago

And also, $50 for five tables? That would make it the most expensive set of apps I've bought, and those actually help me do stuff (OBD-II reader, for example). That's a very tough sell; this isn't a boxed retail product I'm buying, it's a download for a phone.

#38 11 years ago

I just pledged $35 with intent to get the Android versions. If $50 was PC and Android, I'd have done that, but not $75.

#39 11 years ago

Yeah, they misjudged it originally but at least they are willing to adapt. It's a shame they didn't start this appeal a year or so ago when there was more goodwill towards the Kickstarter system.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Back when they were getting the message out about this Kickstarter they made a pretty fatal mistake; they listed Android support as a "we hope to have in the future".
    I saw that and instantly refused. If you treat my mobile devices like second class citizens, then you haven't earned my first class support (i.e. MONEY).
    They have since changed their tune (today, no less), but I think it's too little, too late. The PR wave already happened, and anyone who had an android phone was already told to go away.

lol what?!? There is a lot of crap that goes on in software development, especially video game development, where logistics sometimes puts some platforms on the backburner . Especially when you're working with a limited budget, schedule and resources. Their saying they will try to support the Android in the future is only going to be interpreted as "go away" or "you're second class" by the lunatic fringe of mobile device users. To this Android user, it means what they actually said, they want to support it, but for whatever reason it will need to wait (and now they are supporting it so, whatever).

On the price people are bringing up, 50 bucks for this on any of the console platforms is steep. There is no getting away from that. PHOF on 360/PS3/Wii released at what? 29.99? Pinball Arcade on 360 is 10 bucks and 4 tables. Pinball FX2 is a free download with about 2.50 per table.

Justifying the cost because "modern AAA 360/PS3 titles are high budget 60 dollar releases" doesn't do this project any favors. Let's get real, a DLC video pinball title requires no where near the budget and resources a title like Modern Warfare 3 or Halo requires for too many reasons I don't want to list out.

If the 50 bucks is the price point for the actual product after funding is complete...the price Joe Blow will pay to DL it + 4-5 tables to their 360/PS3, then oh boy. Good luck Pro Pinball. If 50 bucks is just the price point for the full game on Kickstarter because, hey, you're throwing in extra cash to get this project going: they are making a risky assumption that their base is going to be of the same mindset. They should have adjusted the donation levels to allow just pre-ordering the game with all tables with no thrills attached.

In the end this all really isn't anything to bemoan your consumer faux-persecution complex to the world over. I see a cool project that has at least two players to compete against, making, if anything, odd pricing decisions. Yah' know?

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

lol what?!? There is a lot of crap that goes on in software development, especially video game development, where logistics sometimes puts some platforms on the backburner . Especially when you're working with a limited budget, schedule and resources. Their saying they will try to support the Android in the future is only going to be interpreted as "go away" or "you're second class" by the lunatic fringe of mobile device users. To this Android user, it means what they actually said, they want to support it, but for whatever reason it will need to wait (and now they are supporting it so, whatever).

ProPinball's stance was up to today is the *quintessential definition* of a second class. You can make all the justifications you want, that doesn't make it not a second class.

In the end this all really isn't anything to bemoan your consumer faux-persecution complex to the world over. I see a cool project that has at least two players to compete against, making, if anything, odd pricing decisions. Yah' know?

I can't make this make sense even when liberally applying a hammer. Please rephrase.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

ProPinball's stance was up to today is the *quintessential definition* of a second class. You can make all the justifications you want, that doesn't make it not a second class.

This is the *quintessential definition* of hyperbole.

Quoted from TheKorn:

I can't make this make sense even when liberally applying a hammer.

I've spotted your problem. You utilize hammers for reading.

Quoted from TheKorn:

Please rephrase.

Gain some perspective: stop whining and wanking over a consumer product from the point of view that their decisions are personal attacks on 'your people'* (*your people being...people that use the same cell phone as you).

You don't want to buy it because it's too expensive/you don't want it/you think it will suck? Cool! Understandable.

You don't want to buy it because you feel they are unfairly persecuting you, making you feel "second class", because of what cell phone you use? Or what platforms they can or can not support right away? Lemme just repeat myself:

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

PHOF on 360/PS3/Wii released at what? 29.99? Pinball Arcade on 360 is 10 bucks and 4 tables. Pinball FX2 is a free download with about 2.50 per table.
    Justifying the cost because "modern AAA 360/PS3 titles are high budget 60 dollar releases" doesn't do this project any favors. Let's get real, a DLC video pinball title requires no where near the budget and resources a title like Modern Warfare 3 or Halo requires for too many reasons I don't want to list out.

Like I said before, I think virtual pinball deserves to be an A List video game. And I believe that the quality of games that Zen and Farsight are churning out is WAY below par. If that's the standard you are happy with then good for you. I want real quality and unfortunately you have to pay for that. Only time will tell if the Pro Pinball guys will give us our money's worth. I believe they can.

Top Triple AAA titles like COD and Halo are pushing at budgets of $40 million so Pro Pinball is asking for 10% of that. I know I would spend 1000% more time playing Pro Pinball games over those.

Also, hopefully Pro Pinball will shame Zen and Farsight into pulling their fingers out and giving virtual players an experience that even comes CLOSE to the real pinball experience. They're selling a lot of people short right now IMO even if the tables are only a couple of bucks a piece.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

This is the *quintessential definition* of hyperbole.

It is not hyperbole. They were not going to initially support Android *until today*, full stop. I wrote them on their kickstarter page when it was announced asking for clarification and they wrote back saying Android was NOT SUPPORTED on the initial release. I don't see why you're making this personal -- those are THEIR words and it was THEIR stance (at the time).

Gain some perspective: stop whining and wanking over a consumer product from the point of view that their decisions are personal attacks on 'your people'* (*your people being...people that use the same cell phone as you).

I didn't say ANY of that.

Let me summarize the transaction as it was originally proposed:

"Please PLEASE give us money. We PROMISE to re-make our games. But they're NOT going to run on the platform you want. We MIGHT get around to making them run on that platform in the future, but we're not promising it."

That's too many promises to keep before I'd see anything; I'd have to be an idiot to throw money at that. That was my point.

You don't want to buy it because it's too expensive/you don't want it/you think it will suck? Cool! Understandable.

No, I didn't want to buy it BECAUSE THEY SAID IT WOULDN'T RUN ON (any of) MY HARDWARE. Holy crap, are you TRYING to be an obtuse and disingenuous? Because you're certainly doing a bang-up job of it!

Or what platforms they can or can not support right away? Lemme just repeat myself:

They're free to support (or not support) whatever platforms they wish, it's their business. Just as how I'm free to NOT give them my money unless they support the one I care about. That's how a free market works.

Why you're getting so bent out of shape when I call a spade a spade is beyond reason. Holy hell, who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Why you're getting so bent out of shape when I call a spade a spade is beyond reason. Holy hell, who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

You *think* you're calling a spade a spade.

Look. I called you out for having a completely ridiculous point of view and you keep replying to me to...well...reenforce my opinion. If claiming I am the one getting upset is your way of feeling better, you go ahead and roll with that.

We're obviously heading into a very bad back n' forth, so I'll just raise my hands, back out and be happy I said my piece.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Like I said before, I think virtual pinball deserves to be an A List video game. And I believe that the quality of games that Zen and Farsight are churning out is WAY below par. If that's the standard you are happy with then good for you. I want real quality and unfortunately you have to pay for that. Only time will tell if the Pro Pinball guys will give us our money's worth. I believe they can.
    Top Triple AAA titles like COD and Halo are pushing at budgets of $40 million so Pro Pinball is asking for 10% of that. I know I would spend 1000% more time playing Pro Pinball games over those.
    Also, hopefully Pro Pinball will shame Zen and Farsight into pulling their fingers out and giving virtual players an experience that even comes CLOSE to the real pinball experience. They're selling a lot of people short right now IMO even if the tables are only a couple of bucks a piece.

3-400K is the usual budget for your average DLC game. I think you're hinting at that, so we can at least have a middle ground and agree on that.

Look. Back to my issue. $50 for their DLC title + 4 tables is steep. The 15-20 dollar range is considered a pretty typical benchmark for higher end DLC titles on console that provide as much content. *YOU and I* might spend that 50 bucks no problem, because we love pinball. Joe Blow Average sitting on the fence, who thinks pinball is quirky, is going to look at that price and flinch. Then look at the other pinball offerings and their prices then double flinch. If they don't get their funding and need to reboot their KS, I really think they need to tweak those numbers.

I wish I didn't have to put this disclaimer in, but I am not anti-Pro Pinball or against high quality pinball by stating this issue. I'm not pulling some sort of guerrilla, anti-Pro Pinball PR/Marketing thing by giving this criticism. Yah know? So you don't need to convince me this could be a cool product and it would be worth buying.

#47 11 years ago

I think it says a lot that you keep bringing up that it is DLC like that means it can't be a full price release. I totally agree that they've underestimated how much people will pay because they're nowhere near hitting the target. I'm just saying that personally I would pay what they're asking and maybe if Joe Blow Average also understood how this is a premium product and not just a 5 minute distraction for when they're sitting on the lavatory they might realise the true value.

#48 11 years ago

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1790321238/pro-pinball-revived-and-remastered/posts/308377?ref=email&show_token=8caf59b98d399455

Cute boxes that look like a pinball machine! I'm sure I've seen that done before for another PC game.

Pledge!

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I think it says a lot that you keep bringing up that it is DLC like that means it can't be a full price release.

Not a question of "can", it's a question of expectations that have already been set by 7 years of digital release pricing. They're going to have an extremely hard time bucking that trend, and especially given that they're asking 50$ for a "remaster". Joe Blow is not going to care what went into it. They will simply compare with Zen/Pinball Arcade, note the price per table is 4x the others, and move on. Joe Blow is not a pinball owner. We are a niche market. =\

I want to download the lighting tech demos, but haven't found the time. Video of it looked interesting.

#50 11 years ago

Just downloaded and played for the first time. Best pinball I've played on a computer. I'm considering signing up.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-pinball-remastered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.