(Topic ID: 57311)

Pro Pinball - Kickstarter - Timeshock - iPad, Mac, PC, etc and MAME cab ready

By swinks

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0689.jpg
    PP_T_Cab_02.jpg
    screen-capture.png
    vpin.jpg
    abb13e61f88ae9d71d585a2413c5b344_large.jpg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Alpha beta for me..... I'm in.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The new Timeshock is going to work on a cab, too. It makes no sense.

I think after it is released on the tablets and computers, then it will be embraced and become as popular as it once was. I think people just need to experience it.

The odds are favorable that the mark will be hit. It is about 4k short right now and has 12 days left. The donations are growing about 800-1000 a day, so I am estimating by this Friday it will be over the mark.

#53 10 years ago

the developers have been quiet and plugging away at their development, so I think some people have hung back as not been alot of updates, but there is promise of add-ons and updates for today - Monday 2nd Sept. to hopefully give this a boost

I hope it comes off as it looks fantastic and almost fits the art style of mid 90's (AFM)

There is talk in the future of possible 3D, but as it is these guys are doing very impressive work.

#55 10 years ago

Looks like I'm getting some cabinet art and a championship entry with my pledge now too. Cool!

#56 10 years ago

I backed a smaller amount this time around than on the first one that failed. I guess I felt like this one was pretty certain to succeed so I didn't want to throw a lot of money at it. I'm sure it will get to the goal with no problem.

#57 10 years ago

tempted by the cabinet art option myself...... would like to see some art to seal the deal

#58 10 years ago

Personally, I'm not anywhere near as thrilled with this Kickstarter as I was with the last one, and I backed the last one at a level of $500. Previously, $15 got you a download of the new game on Windows, and $30 got you all 5 games. Now, it's $15 for just Timeshock... or $389 to get "all future titles" (and there's no guarantee you'll ever get more than just Timeshock).

Timeshock is great for sure... but I bought that back in the day (still have the big box) and played it to death, and was looking forward to getting the other Pro Pinball games I've never seen *and* the new one by PL.

Now... I haven't decided.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Personally, I'm not anywhere near as thrilled with this Kickstarter as I was with the last one, and I backed the last one at a level of $500. Previously, $15 got you a download of the new game on Windows, and $30 got you all 5 games. Now, it's $15 for just Timeshock... or $389 to get "all future titles" (and there's no guarantee you'll ever get more than just Timeshock).
    Timeshock is great for sure... but I bought that back in the day (still have the big box) and played it to death, and was looking forward to getting the other Pro Pinball games I've never seen *and* the new one by PL.
    Now... I haven't decided.

You have some valid points, for sure. I was in at $500.00 for the first Kickstarter. I wanted the boxes. So now, for my £250/$388 pledge all I will get the Timeshock box(at least that is all that is promised). But even with the 1st Kickstarter there were no guarantees when you really think about.

So, I made my pledge/bet that all the heavy lifting (physics/graphics) will be worked out with Timeshock and the following PP games will be fairly easy to complete. You could consider just doing the one for Timeshock and and bet that they will sell a lot more copies and make some money to fund the other PP games which you would be able to buy, or they could come back with a new Kickstarter for each new game, sort of like TPA does with its games.

I hope you decide to go for it for my own selfish reasons: I really want to play these games on my mini-cab, plus have the option to play them on my Mac Pro or my desktop PC.

#62 10 years ago

Still early enough people can back out - if that $5k pledge is bogus and disappears that'd be bad.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

True. There are numerous people on here that decided to buy real machines after being hooked on video pinball. It is a gateway to this hobby. I look at it this way, by promoting the video pins, you are helping get new people into the hobby by exposing pinball to a new audience.

Yup. I'm selling my virtual pin, being picked up tomorrow, but building it is what finally got me sucked into real machines. I'll be replacing the digital one with a steel ball one, I outgrew it, but it was an awesome tool for learning about different tables and how the game really works. When I was a kid in the 80s in the arcades I was honestly intimidated by pinball, no one I knew played or showed me the ropes, and after draining with no clue I'd walk away to play Gauntlet or something instead.

Now I've got the bug, but virtual pinball is the disease vector.

Looks like I'm getting out of the digital game just as it's starting to get more interesting, hope all of you with cabs enjoy!

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yup. I'm selling my virtual pin, being picked up tomorrow, but building it is what finally got me sucked into real machines. I'll be replacing the digital one with a steel ball one, I outgrew it, but it was an awesome tool for learning about different tables and how the game really works. When I was a kid in the 80s in the arcades I was honestly intimidated by pinball, no one I knew played or showed me the ropes, and after draining with no clue I'd walk away to play Gauntlet or something instead.
    Now I've got the bug, but virtual pinball is the disease vector.
    Looks like I'm getting out of the digital game just as it's starting to get more interesting, hope all of you with cabs enjoy!

You don't need a cab for this. It will be killer on desktop, especially on my 16:10 monitor which will rotate for a nice portrait mode. Not only that but my monitor has better picture & view angles than any HDTV I could throw in a cab, not to mention I can go beyond HD resolution which HDTV's can't do either. & the cost of my running the game this way... free & it takes up no extra space.
    Should be pretty sweet on something like my ipad3 as well. You most certainly don't need a cab to enjoy some high quality sims.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from robx46:

You most certainly don't need a cab to enjoy some high quality sims.

Correct. But I am certainly going to enjoy the hell out of playing this bad boy on a 42" LED HD pinball cabinet.

1 week later
    #66 10 years ago

Just 24 hours left to pledge! http://kck.st/140bF4v

Here is our latest cabinet render, including how it looks when displayed on a big screen. Hope you like it!

Ade.

PP_T_Cab_02.jpgPP_T_Cab_02.jpg IMAG0689.jpgIMAG0689.jpg

#67 10 years ago

Wow Ade looks great, cab owners should be excited. As usual you guys put such great detail into everything & did your homework.
    Also there is still a few hours left on the kickstarter for anyone who has procrastinated.

#68 10 years ago

Congratulations Ade on a successful Kick starter. It's very well deserved. I am looking forward to the alpha build immensely.

I read over on vpForums that you will provide more than one cabinet view, ie: one like the 3D render above, plus one like the first render you posted. I think this is a good idea as to not alienate many people who don't gave a full blown cab, but a wall mounted rotatable monitor or TV. I had a similar two screened setup my self for well over a year before I built my cab, and I know there are others who do the same.

Out of interest what is the overhead of providing multiple views? I mean is it just the time to render the views which I read you said takes a week or two for multiple CPUs and diskspace, or is additional programming required as well?

7 months later
    #69 9 years ago

Alpha released!

Some footage in a Virtual cabinet shown below. Real cabinet mode still to follow. The lighting in incredible.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-pinball-mame-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.