(Topic ID: 57311)

Pro Pinball - Kickstarter - Timeshock - iPad, Mac, PC, etc and MAME cab ready

By swinks

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0689.jpg
    PP_T_Cab_02.jpg
    screen-capture.png
    vpin.jpg
    abb13e61f88ae9d71d585a2413c5b344_large.jpg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Edit - here is the link for the kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0

Soon the guys from Pro Pinball will be launching their second attempt on Kickstarter and you can download a lighting simulation program for free for ipad, mac and I think pc version to get a feel for the lighting effects. Make sure to check out the facebook link as the development is impressive.

here is a lighting example, adjust lighting - very nice, looks like the real thing

here is their facebook site
    https://www.facebook.com/pro.pinball

some of the past stuff
    http://www.pinballnews.com/news/propinball/

There is a rumour that they could be doing a portrait option so it could be possibly used into a pinball cabinet mame game, we just need to convince these guys to make this an option - to cater for a lcd, led tv mame pin cabinet with the possibility of hooking up some flipper buttons etc - then they might reach there goal - widen the possibilities.

We should here about the kickstarter in the next 1-2 weeks I am guessing

#2 10 years ago

noticed they were allowing the Pinball Arcade Terminator 2 Kickstarter to finish so should see something soon as they didn't want it to overlap - Terminator 2 has 37 hours to go.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

noticed they were allowing the Pinball Arcade Terminator 2 Kickstarter to finish so should see something soon as they didn't want it to overlap - Terminator 2 has 37 hours to go.

can't wait for T2.....one of my favourite pins.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Good deal, I was hoping they would try the kickstarter again.

#5 10 years ago

got this response from the guys at Pro Pinball, feel a mame cab coming up

"Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm pleased to say we will be supporting cabinets and second screens for DMD display. Resolution wise, we will initially be supporting resolutions as high as 2880x1800, ultimately we will also support 4K displays too!

The Kickstarter video will show the game running in portrait mode (though not the cabinet specific view we will be creating).

Thanks for your support it is much appreciated.

Cheers,"

1 week later
    #6 10 years ago

Kickstarter is up and looks great and will have cabinet view available for those that want to do a pinmame

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0
    abb13e61f88ae9d71d585a2413c5b344_large.jpgabb13e61f88ae9d71d585a2413c5b344_large.jpg

#7 10 years ago

I'm still just flabbergasted that they are currently only committed to computers and handheld held devices, and leaving out actual gaming consoles.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Danzig:

I'm still just flabbergasted that they are currently only committed to computers and handheld held devices, and leaving out actual gaming consoles.

The three current-gen consoles all require proprietary dev kits, which I'd guess they don't already have. Purchase and licensing of just one of each those would eat up most of their initial goal. (Although Nintendo may be giving theirs away soon.)

#9 10 years ago

Cool. I just pledged 250 pounds / euros / whatevers. Looking for cabinet support.

#10 10 years ago

I'm in. I picked up Big Race USA for the PS1 from a local game shop over the weekend and the physics are as good as everyone says they are. Cabinet support from day one was the deal maker for me, I'd love to have this on my virtual pincab.

vpin.jpgvpin.jpg

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Cool. I just pledged 250 pounds / euros / whatevers. Looking for cabinet support.

Woof. And here I am balking at the 90 pound level to get in on the betas.

#12 10 years ago

I hope this happens and does cab support. I'm considering selling my beast of a virtual cab, just don't use it much anymore, so probably won't look into it myself, but still pulling for everyone who wants it.

#13 10 years ago

Are they talking about cab support being different looking than just the portrait modes? Because I think this might just be a portrait mode that can fire up easily from a cabinet. I wonder because proper cabinet support would likely involve pre-distorting the graphics which I'm not sure if that is something they can do or want to do with this graphics engine. Personally I'll just rotate my 24" 16:10 monitor in a normal portrait mode which should work great. Works great for Zen Pinball but I hardly play it because those tables just don't seem to get my motor going. They look great though.

#14 10 years ago

Have been emailing Ade pre the launch and definitely doing cabinet support and 2 monitor outlet. The portrait mode is going to have a special cabinet view angle supported added to give that appearance of looking into a cabinet.

I have also requested for those that are into Macs that Ade supports macs in a pinball cabinet, so simply install the game into a house computer, and usb plug in a hacked Wizard controller. He hasn't confirmed if this will work as yet. A Mac Mini can handle hi-def up to 4k which Ade is working towards in image quality and a mac mini can cope with 2 HD lcd's plugged in for playfield and dmd and can easily stay connected to the net and just plug and play, idea just hinges on game console working with a mac or if a usb plug in Pig 3 will work

Anyone tried one of these connected into a mac
    http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_reviews&cPath=8&products_id=71

Also noticed that Pat Lawler is no longer referenced, maybe later

#15 10 years ago

Any word on support for the PinDMD 2? That would be sweet.

#16 10 years ago

BUMP

3 days in and half way there

screen-capture.pngscreen-capture.png

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Any word on support for the PinDMD 2? That would be sweet.

They haven't talked to Russ about it.

#18 10 years ago

I asked Adrian Barritt from Barnstorm Games about Pro Pinball support for the PinDMD 2 on Twitter and here's what he said:

"Yes, as it supports 16 shades I don't see why not. We're planning to put together our own cab, though we might use LCD instead of DMD."

https://twitter.com/ABarritt/status/363300678858309632

So, at least he's aware of it now and knows that some cab owners are using it.

#19 10 years ago

this is pretty cool, the time travel sequence

#20 10 years ago

That looks really great. I need to support this one, their games play so well.

#21 10 years ago

I remember playing these on my ps1 and still have them. I liked how you change the table to worn and bot would play like a table that has been used. Good games

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

this is pretty cool, the time travel sequence
    » YouTube video

Just incredible. It looks real, & if it were real it would be the best light show in all of real pinball. These guys are always 1 step ahead with technology & their software. I mean, Timeshock was first released in 1997 & it still looks & plays amazing on my windows 7 pc, & at 1600x1200 resolution! I can't say this about any other game released 16 years ago.
    So I expect more of the same here, some serious upgrades & a game that I'll still be playing when I'm an older pinhead 16 years from now on Windows 13, as I'm supporting the kickstarter for the upcoming Ultra Deluxe version in 2026.

#23 10 years ago

This is so cool. I just got a video pin, so I can't wait.

#24 10 years ago

The DMD reflection in the glass is sweet. In real life we all hate it... in PC pinball you need all those reflections to make it look real haha.

#25 10 years ago

they will be listing add-ons soon to entice some more support, shirts, possible cabinet decal designs, so keep checking and support if you can.

#26 10 years ago

Real DMD support via the PinDMD device is in! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0/posts

Get those pledges in, people. I just bumped mine up to the $250 level thanks to this announcement. DO WANT.

#27 10 years ago

Hopefully they'll still support DMD on a second screen too, in addition to this, for those of us that prefer the versatility of an LCD over a physical DMD.

#28 10 years ago

Do the higher up donation things, give you the 1997 digital download as well? I never played their original games!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Hopefully they'll still support DMD on a second screen too, in addition to this, for those of us that prefer the versatility of an LCD over a physical DMD.

In the comments on Kickstarter they say they'll support LCD screens for DMD and 2 screen setups as well: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0/posts/563533#comments

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Do the higher up donation things, give you the 1997 digital download as well? I never played their original games!

That's a good question as it does not answer to that specifically for some donation levels. You could pledge a one pound donation for that 1997 download. This would make you a backer and you could ask that question on the PP kickstarter forum.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

That's a good question as it does not answer to that specifically for some donation levels. You could pledge a one pound donation for that 1997 download. This would make you a backer and you could ask that question on the PP kickstarter forum.

It says right at the bottom of the first tier: "This reward is included in all higher tiers too."

#32 10 years ago

yes Ade has stated that the 1997 version is offered to every tier, but isn't written clear

#33 10 years ago

from an update

Yesterday was a great day for pledges! Thanks to all our new backers - we are now over two thirds of the way towards our goal with about three quarters of the time remaining!
    We've had a few requests from backers asking to see something new running on a phone or tablet, so here's the attract mode sequence running on the iPad with the ambient light and general illumination turned off.
    Thanks for all your support, please keep spreading the word and we can hopefully hit our goal with time to spare!
    Ade.

#34 10 years ago

I played Timeshock and Big Race over the weekend again.... it is simply amazing how good these games are for their time. This will sound a bit silly, but I feel like I am playing some lost Williams classics...

If you have not played but want to try, you can buy them pretty cheap. 3 of the 4 run on my Vista pc (the web wont run for some reason, I think it is the oldest so something is not compatible).

ebay.com link: Gamefest Pinball Timeshock The Web Big Race PC New Box

#35 10 years ago

Thanks!
    I'll be throwing some money in I really want to play their old tables as well

#36 10 years ago

I grabbed Big Race USA for the PS1 for like $4 at a local game shop. The physics are still the best out there, IMO.

1 week later
    #37 10 years ago

The Pro Pinball developer said pledges giving alpha / beta access should get game in early October, otherwise December before everyone else. A good reason to upgrade maybe

"Exact Alpha testing dates will depend a bit on platforms. But early October should be possible for all the current platforms".

New Pro Pinball physics will handle ball spin. The programmer said this:
    "Actually, the original version of Timeshock! did have a 2D spin model. BRUSA and FJ both had 3D spin models. Of course, to go one better the ULTRA version of Timeshock! we will have to create a brand new 4D spin model. "

1 week later
    #38 10 years ago

another small update on the glass off mode - you would swear this was a real pin

#39 10 years ago

How does a table like T2 get backed $50k in 30 days... yet Timeshock! which is a far better table & an all time great design that also looks better than any other pinball sim EVER created like you see in the vids above... with the best physics around... is past 30 days & not at 50k yet? 40k euros is like 52k US.

#40 10 years ago

That baffles me as well. Maybe a lot of people haven't experienced Pro Pinball and are suspicious of whether the product will be any good. I think they need to demonstrate a few weighty balls bouncing around the table. You get a small taster in the glass off mode when the balls drop. Anyone who knows their games off old will know this will raise the bar so high you will get vertigo.

Isn't their light show outstanding? I can't wait to see it in reality.

As for FS T2 implementation - I personally prefer the VP T2 chrome version.

#41 10 years ago

I cheer you on to success but only care about real pinball.
    Promote pinball in any way, I just have no interest in anything digital.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Pat Lawlor is building Timeshock.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Although nothing beats real pinball agreed, having a full size cabinet myself with a playfield sized TV, full working back glass screen, real DMD, and flipper feedback the experience gets very close. Some new tables are done so incredibly well with HD graphics, great lighting, and all the right mechanical sounds, taps, ball rolling, springs, etc in the right places.

Where I live in France you can hardly find a table nowadays which is sad, but having a digital cabinet allows me to me to experience so many tables I can never find in real life particularly many if the old EMs.

The positive thing that seems to be coming from digital pinball is it is introducing so many more people to the great game particularly kids, and it is also re-igniting the interest for others who got lost in the video gaming world. And I know it has made people seek out real machines and even buy a real table. How strange is this, my kids played a digital pinball cabinet before they saw a real one

Having said all this I can understand though how some people cannot take to digital pinball.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from strangetown:

The positive thing that seems to be coming from digital pinball is it is introducing so many more people to the great game particularly kids, and it is also re-igniting the interest for others who got lost in the video gaming world.

True. There are numerous people on here that decided to buy real machines after being hooked on video pinball. It is a gateway to this hobby. I look at it this way, by promoting the video pins, you are helping get new people into the hobby by exposing pinball to a new audience.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Pat Lawlor is building Timeshock.

"building"?
    I haven't seen this posted online, who is making it with or for him?

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I haven't seen this posted online, who is making it with or for him?

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/propinball/

#47 10 years ago

That was from the original ProPinball kickstarter. Pat isn't involved in this one, they're updating one of their tables from the 90's, Timeshock, for this one.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from robx46:

How does a table like T2 get backed $50k in 30 days... yet Timeshock! which is a far better table & an all time great design that also looks better than any other pinball sim EVER created like you see in the vids above... with the best physics around... is past 30 days & not at 50k yet? 40k euros is like 52k US.

Quoted from strangetown:

That baffles me as well. Maybe a lot of people haven't experienced Pro Pinball and are suspicious of whether the product will be any good. I think they need to demonstrate a few weighty balls bouncing around the table. You get a small taster in the glass off mode when the balls drop. Anyone who knows their games off old will know this will raise the bar so high you will get vertigo.
    Isn't their light show outstanding? I can't wait to see it in reality.
    As for FS T2 implementation - I personally prefer the VP T2 chrome version.

Yeah. I'm like you guys in trying to figure out why it seems to be taking so long for the Timeshock Kickstarter to reach its goal. Over at vpforums, Terminator 2 by tipoto shows 6,277 downloads while Timeshock struggles to get 900 backers---and most of those backers are for an iPad version for £5. And yet, my 1997 desktop Timeshock beats the pants off of VP T2 for my cab. After a few rounds of T2, I'm Hyperpinning to a different table, but I could play Timeshock for hours.

The new Timeshock is going to work on a cab, too. It makes no sense.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah. I'm like you guys in trying to figure out why it seems to be taking so long for the Timeshock Kickstarter to reach its goal. Over at vpforums, Terminator 2 by tipoto shows 6,277 downloads while Timeshock struggles to get 900 backers---and most of those backers are for an iPad version for £5. And yet, my 1997 desktop Timeshock beats the pants off of VP T2 for my cab. After a few rounds of T2, I'm Hyperpinning to a different table, but I could play Timeshock for hours.
    The new Timeshock is going to work on a cab, too. It makes no sense.

Not only that, but VPforums has had a huge ass ad on the front page for the Timeshock KS. It is those people who likely will be playing Pro Pinball the most but also clearly enjoy digital pinball & spend thousands of dollars on cabs. So they have disposable income for sure.
    Then I think the people here do (or should) see the value in this project getting made.

1 testimonial... myself. I always liked pinball but around a decade ago it was kind of out of sight out of mind. Just didn't come across them much or pursue them. I had pinball sims before on PC or playstation, & they were just OK but I was always into trying something that looked promising. Then I stumbled onto Timeshock. Blew my mind how real it felt & how good it looked, & even at that time it could be considered an older game.

Then I immediately got the other 3 PP games, then I got sucked into VPM, cut to 2013 & I've owned a number of pinball tables with 4 in my basement right now & I'm on these forums every day. If Timeshock doesn't happen back then, the pinball hobby is a little smaller today.

Lastly, not only does VP not look or play as nice as Pro Pinball, but it can also be complicated, even some tables these days only made for cabinets & not desktop modes portrait or landscape. Pro Pinball leaves nobody out. Fire it up on a cabinet, portrait, or normal desktop mode. Or ipad, phone... things VP can't be played on.

There really should be more backers on this thing. I'm truly baffled. Maybe once these guys release Timeshock & just get a new product out there, the fanbase will grow & things will take care of themselves, but you gotta start somewhere & they need help at this point.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Why chime in then? Pro Pinball looks great and I imagine it will make.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-pinball-mame-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.