8AEC74AD-9871-4AE6-B55E-6B7B145BEF6A (resized).jpeg
92361AC1-6B6C-46E9-81EA-06D67078F7DB (resized).jpeg
C4A41BB5-453B-41AA-92C4-EC1A4AB66624 (resized).jpeg
527BFE65-BDD7-4BF9-A333-D65555BB00E8 (resized).jpeg
3A736E39-E7F8-4B2B-BE58-4A50AEBE4E98 (resized).jpeg
GOTG 2 (resized).JPG
GOTG (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

ive just gotten to my goal of getting enough cash for a pro gotg after a lot of overtime at work and selling a pin and was gonna pull the trigger on my pro next week but i just came into some more money that puts me close to the premium price. i really plan for gotg to be a keeper and i already ordered the ulek plastic protectors and shaker motor a week ago . So is the premium worth the upgrade. thx for any advice.

#2 5 years ago

If you have enough cash I say get the premium the lightshow is very pretty looking but the gameplay is exactly the same the only differences are spinners and groots arms which i have seen people complain that they block your view of the shot.

#3 5 years ago

I really like the premium. It's a beautiful game with the full RGB inserts and tri-color GI. It also has two extra magnets. I'm 6'3" and I don't find the Groot arms to be distracting. It may be worse if you are shorter.

#4 5 years ago

Not seeing sufficient value-add on this title to go Premium. I vote Pro.

#5 5 years ago

PRO!!

#6 5 years ago

Pro and save extra funds for next pin

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really like the premium. It's a beautiful game with the full RGB inserts and tri-color GI. It also has two extra magnets. I'm 6'3" and I don't find the Groot arms to be distracting. It may be worse if you are shorter.

Aren't the inserts the same for pro and premium? I haven't noticed a difference. The Prem does have RGB pops though. Speaking of the 3 magnets. Are they coded in yet? I don't think I've seen the magnets do anything different from the pro. I only have 15 or so games on the premium on location after they swapped it in for the pro though.

#8 5 years ago

I'd take the funds and put them towards a different pin with better sound and video package. Having said that, if you are heart set on gotg, go with the pro. Less money and you don't have those offensive groot hands in the way.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Aren't the inserts the same for pro and premium?

GOTG (resized).JPGGOTG (resized).JPG

#10 5 years ago

I have a pro and I am usually a premium guy but I see no reason to go premium on this title unless it dropped in my lap at a silly price.

Main difference is Spinners, extra magnet that you don't notice any difference and Groot arms that people complain about. RGB lighting Maybe? Not worth the $1,800 difference in my opinion

#11 5 years ago

We make a Groot hand mod. They are a bit shorter, so they don't block the play field as much. Also the way they mount, you can adjust the placement to exactly the way you want. Install in 5 minutes, with no need to remove the ramps to install. Took us a while to match the colors, but we have a perfect color match. $129.99 for the pair.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We make a Groot hand mod. They are a bit shorter, so they don't block the play field as much. Also the way they mount, you can adjust the placement to exactly the way you want. Install in 5 minutes, with no need to remove the ramps to install. Took us a while to match the colors, but we have a perfect color match. $129.99 for the pair.

I'd love to see a photo of this! I don't see it anywhere on your website.

#13 5 years ago

lots of good points. whats killing me is i like the idea of extra magnets, rgb inserts and pops, groots arms , spinners and SERVICE RAILS but i think the cabinet art and backglass on the pro pops big time compared to the premium.

#14 5 years ago

Even though I prefer the premium/LE, I should point out that I think the pro is a great game and an excellent value compared to the other models. The main gameplay is essentially the same. It's not like TWD where you lose out on walker bombs with the pro.

#15 5 years ago

Just watched a video and RGB is their. Guess I need to pay better attention...

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

lots of good points. whats killing me is i like the idea of extra magnets, rgb inserts and pops, groots arms , spinners and SERVICE RAILS but i think the cabinet art and backglass on the pro pops big time compared to the premium.

Extra magnets - Either not implemented yet or done so poorly you can't tell that their is more than what is in the pro.
RGB Inserts - *** edit*** Just watched a video and RGB is their. Guess I need to pay better attention... So obviously nothing great from this feature since I didn't even notice a difference when playing the game
Spinners - I could be wrong on this as well but I don't believe they play much (if any) part in the game. Not like MET to where if you don't have the spinners one of your mini wizard modes is nerfed.

So it comes down to RGB Pops and then two items you can put on a pro for cheap (Groot arms and service rails).

If you like the art on the pro better this would be an easy decision for me.

#17 5 years ago

i think ure right when i read how you wrote that. thx.

#18 5 years ago

The giant Groot arms should really make this decision for you. Do you mind them blocking your view, or don't you?

#19 5 years ago

well to me when i played the premium at the louisville arcade expo i thought the arms really completed the whole look of the playfield and i dont remember it blocking my view that bad but i only got a few plays on it. I can live without them and the pro art does appeal to me more. I think ill go pro and use extra money toward another pin.

#20 5 years ago

i played both. i didnt' find the arms a problem. with the extra lighting, magnets, and spinners i would go for the premium

#21 5 years ago

i bought a very nice huo gotg le for 7k.
it still had the clear plastic film on the backbox t-moulding. excellent condition. you could get huo for alot less money. gotg is not a long term keeper for some pinheads, should be able to get either pro,pre, le for fair price.

#22 5 years ago

I’d go Pro every day on this title.

Save the extra bucks and buy a nice Solid State pin with the change.

More pins = better.

rd

#23 5 years ago

Tough decision man and with this being your only contemporary pin, I’d buy a huo secondhand pro. I think resale would be better on pro as well. I like the premium but I’d ease into the higher trim levels. Sounds like you busted your ass to earn a pro nicely done, keep the extra money for now.

#24 5 years ago

As always for me, Pro.

#25 5 years ago

I love my GOTG LE, go the premium or better still LE if you can
Mirrored backglass, shaker and gold trim with lollipop side rails
Very nice indeed

#26 5 years ago

Oh and exclusive to LE inner art blades

#27 5 years ago

Pro for sure.

Here is my nice one that was a great deal on at the Texas Pinball Festival.

3A736E39-E7F8-4B2B-BE58-4A50AEBE4E98 (resized).jpeg3A736E39-E7F8-4B2B-BE58-4A50AEBE4E98 (resized).jpeg

527BFE65-BDD7-4BF9-A333-D65555BB00E8 (resized).jpeg527BFE65-BDD7-4BF9-A333-D65555BB00E8 (resized).jpeg

C4A41BB5-453B-41AA-92C4-EC1A4AB66624 (resized).jpegC4A41BB5-453B-41AA-92C4-EC1A4AB66624 (resized).jpeg

92361AC1-6B6C-46E9-81EA-06D67078F7DB (resized).jpeg92361AC1-6B6C-46E9-81EA-06D67078F7DB (resized).jpeg

8AEC74AD-9871-4AE6-B55E-6B7B145BEF6A (resized).jpeg8AEC74AD-9871-4AE6-B55E-6B7B145BEF6A (resized).jpeg

B1B2698D-EB58-45D0-8C2B-78F5BDC367D7 (resized).jpegB1B2698D-EB58-45D0-8C2B-78F5BDC367D7 (resized).jpeg

#28 5 years ago

No brainer, the value is not there in a premium or LE. The groom arms are a real negative. Go with the Pro and use the extra money on your next pin.

#29 5 years ago

I've never bought a stern Pro......until this release.

Most solid Pro Stern has made in relation to the Premium.

#30 5 years ago

All great advice.gonna call around Monday for pricing on pro. Very geeked out about actually ordering nib gotg. My wife just shakes her head when I talk about it and that's why I raised.the money outside of my regular job hours by working weekends, selling my wwfrr and building rustic furniture for family and coworkers. That way it's my skin in the game. I told her wait till you play this. You will love it! Plus I'm sure she will love posting pics of us playing it on FACEBOOK!!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I've never bought a stern Pro......until this release.
Most solid Pro Stern has made in relation to the Premium.

Hmmmm ... there’s been a lot of Pros that are just as good as their more expensive brothers. Off the top of my head ...

Metallica.
Aerosmith
KISS
GOT
GOTG
Tron
Some prefer transformers pro and X-Men Pro
Iron Maiden
Star Wars
Ghostbusters

In fact, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that is a “must buy” premium or greater is AC/DC.

Just because something costs more, doesn’t mean it is necessarily better ...

rd

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

All great advice.gonna call around Monday for pricing on pro. Very geeked out about actually ordering nib gotg. My wife just shakes her head when I talk about it and that's why I raised.the money outside of my regular job hours by working weekends, selling my wwfrr and building rustic furniture for family and coworkers. That way it's my skin in the game. I told her wait till you play this. You will love it! Plus I'm sure she will love posting pics of us playing it on FACEBOOK!!

Well hell if you’re into woodworking, just widdle you up some Groot arms for that Pro hahaha

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In fact, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that is a “must buy” premium or greater is AC/DC.

I'd personally put TWD int that category as well. It's a completely different game with the walker bombs.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd personally put TWD int that category as well. It's a completely different game with the walker bombs.

Yep, forgot that. I prefer TWD pro.

rd

#35 5 years ago

Pro, no doubt.

3 years later
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmm ... there’s been a lot of Pros that are just as good as their more expensive brothers. Off the top of my head ...
Metallica.
Aerosmith
KISS
GOT
GOTG
Tron
Some prefer transformers pro and X-Men Pro
Iron Maiden
Star Wars
Ghostbusters
Just because something costs more, doesn’t mean it is necessarily better ...
rd

GB Pro as good as a Premium/LE? Is this a joke?

#37 2 years ago

If you can swing the extra $, go premium/LE
Never understood the argument that pro models are as good, if not better than premium/LE
Sure you save some bucks, but you do get less of the good stuff and for me I want it all

#38 2 years ago

I'm Happy with the pro. And only added a Spinner in the left side. For me it's the best Bang for fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-or-premium-at-a-quandrygotg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.