(Topic ID: 15356)

Pro LE archive split?

By pinballslave

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Pinside have different archive pages for pro and LE versions of games with different rules and playfields?”

• Yes, have a page for each 56 votes
      68%
    • Nope, just have one page 26 votes
      32%

(82 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron_legacy_LE.jpg
    LOTR_LE.jpg
    acdc_premium.jpg
    Transformers_LE.jpg
    Transformers.jpg
    multiple-versions.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martijn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

The more I think about it, the more I lean towards option 2. There are other advantages. We will get proper backglass images showing in our collection, reflecting the model we own.

Option 2 is much better. Option 1 will stir up the database too much without adding any real value and probable unnecessary complicate the user interface.

Quoted from robin:

The only thing I'm unsure of is having multiple models of a game in the Top 100. The way the new Stern games are going, we could have 4 AC/DC games in the Top 100.

One game, one top 100 entry, I'd say. You don't want the top 100 to be clouded with what is basically 4 times the same machine. I'd say, take the average, that seems fair. And then it's up to Stern (or JJP) to make sure ALL of the versions are worthy of a good spot on the list, right?

On a technical note, we could relatively easily link the various machines in the machines table using a extra column or join table linking the different models by their key value. I think this way we might be able to change the code to calculate the average on all of the models for a machine without complicating things too much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martijn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-le-archive-split?tu=martijn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.