Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hello i have the pin Pro Football from 1973 and once i get the ball to the 10 yard line where you are about to score i get the touchdown but it does not reset the ball back to the start so everything i hit i keep getting a touchdown since it will not reset to the start. I think i need to clean the part that effects if it resets but i am new to this so i would like to know what to do and what to use to clean said area if i need too. Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

There are two switches on the AS stepper under playfield. 1 of them controls the reset. It is the 1 that is closer to the wiper board. It is pretty hard to get it just right to get enough pressure to make contact and not to much to stop stepper.

#3 7 years ago

A tip: that stepper comes out with the clip and jones plug. much easier adjusting outside machine.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from frb:

A tip: that stepper comes out with the clip and jones plug. much easier adjusting outside machine.

thanks for the tip, so are you suggesting taking the part out and seeing if it's dirty or if something is wrong with it?

#5 7 years ago

The switch on top has to be perfectly adjusted for the feature to work. Its easier taking it out, pulsing by hand and adjust. The stepper must move 1 step with each pulse of coil. the switch on top opens and closes by the cams. both switches need to be adjusted just right. they open and close as the stepper turns. that is what stops it at position 1 when it is pulsing.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from frb:

The switch on top has to be perfectly adjusted for the feature to work. Its easier taking it out, pulsing by hand and adjust. The stepper must move 1 step with each pulse of coil. the switch on top opens and closes by the cams. both switches need to be adjusted just right. they open and close as the stepper turns. that is what stops it at position 1 when it is pulsing.

Gottcha, I'll try that this weekend when I get a chance to look at her

#7 7 years ago

Need help, where are the two switches that reset it?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

My bad, what do you suggest?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

Found where it's at just wanna know want to do

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-football-scoring-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.