(Topic ID: 175922)

Pro football scoring at wrong point

By Metalmanmiles

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I got a 1973 pro football and the "touchdown" is reached and given when the football gets to the goal line. Right now I am getting the touchdown at a different yard spot on the football field, not at the goal line where it should be scoring.Can anyone help and post a picture of what their stepper unit looks like so I can compare? I cleaned the hell out of the stepper unit so it isn't that.

#2 7 years ago

try adjusting the leaf switches on top of the AS relay. The leaf switches on top are super sensitive and are a PIA to get perfect. They must make and break on the cam that's on the AS relay.

#3 7 years ago

If it's a big-style stepper, I would say somebody adjusted the plate wrong and you can readjust it. If it's the AS relay style, perhaps the wiper finger is out of alignment somehow?

#4 7 years ago

Its an AS stepper. Steve at PBR has put a guide on his site detailing the adjustment of these AS relays.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from frb:

Its an AS stepper. Steve at PBR has put a guide on his site detailing the adjustment of these AS relays.

Hi, I'm helping him figure out the issue so thanks for your help. Could you link the page with Steve Young's guide? Thanks

#6 7 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-football-scoring-at-wrong-point and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.