Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PF (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

New to em and having a problem, once i get the ball to the 10 yard line where you are about to score i get the touchdown but it does not reset the ball back to the start so everything i hit i keep getting a touchdown since it will not reset to the start. I think i need to clean the part that effects if it resets but i am new to this so i would like to know what to do and what to use to clean said area if i need too

#2 7 years ago

Not familiar with the specific game, but it's probably a 'stepper': http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

Prop up the playfield, and start advancing the light and watch for what mechanism moves (it might also be in the backbox). It'll have two solenoids, one to step it up, and one to reset it once you score. Make sure the reset solenoid is at least trying to fire when it's time, and it's not an electrical problem causing it.

#3 7 years ago

The AS stepper for the feature is the relay unit on underside of playfield that has its own jones plug so you can unplug it to adjust. There are hairpin clips on all relays to hold them on rail. Remove clip, unplug, adjust both switches on top and make sure stepper rotates every time you pulse coil with your finger. the 2 switches are the ones with leaves that make/break as the stepper rotates. If the stepper does not rotate there is a current thread on stepper rebuild.

#4 7 years ago

Here is a picture of the AS stepper (Right) as mentioned. It is located at the top of the playfield.

PF (resized).jpgPF (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the help guys

#6 7 years ago

Would cleaning it help?

#7 7 years ago

Yes, would be a good idea to clean the unit by unplugging from the playfield. A clean up of the Jones plugs is also recommended.
Heres a link to give you some assistance. The 'AS stepper' is half way down the page.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

#8 7 years ago

Sound good, will do

#9 7 years ago

What would you suggest cleaning with?

#10 7 years ago

rubbing alcohol. the 91% stuff. Use Q-tips to get where your fingers cant.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from frb:

rubbing alcohol. the 91% stuff. Use Q-tips to get where your fingers cant.

Do not use grease when you finish cleaning. It will soon collect dirt and gum it back up.

#12 7 years ago

Gotcha that's what I was thinking

#13 7 years ago

I had the same exact problem but I took that little AS stepper completely apart. I don't recommend that because if you can't get it back right the game will never work right, but you can take it out and send it to Steve at PBR and he will rebuild it for you. Try cleaning with 91℅ rubbing alcohol. That stepper is the heart of the game if it doesn't work right the whole game is off

#14 7 years ago

For a minute I thought this thread said: "Pro Football really sucks."

And, yes it does at the moment. Which is why people are not watching.

Back to the thread!!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

For a minute I thought this thread said: "Pro Football really sucks."
And, yes it does at the moment. Which is why people are not watching.
Back to the thread!!

Yeah man it does, the ratings are down and all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-football-reel-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.