• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TDAVIS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1235 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TDAVIS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Pro Football please help…

I decided to dust off my Gottlieb Pro Football pin given to me during my teen years. Needless to say, it needs new rubber, ect.
Before I start the renovation, I need to get it running properly. Initially, the motor spun around without stopping. We straighten some connection and got the pin to reset but the pinball will not launch to start the game and begin registering scores. We turned it off for a while and the motor went back to rotating without stopping.
Will anyone please help me with this problem? Puzzled, Trey

3 weeks later
#3 7 years ago

Hi All. I have been doing plenty of online reading about the Gottlieb EM era of pinball. I have decided to thoroughly clean both stepper units and the scoring reels as shown in a video online. I have decided to order sleeves but when I went to measure and compared measurements with parts available some did not match up. The shortest sleeve available is 1 1/4, I am assuming inches are being used here.
At startup the ball count is not lighted and does not come on regardless of what position the ball changer is in. The yardage lights will not work either despite the change over in bulbs.
My hang up is knowing which sleeves to order for my 1973 Pro Football pin. Most are 1 5/8s, the shorter ones associated with the scoring wheels remains a mystery. I was able to find a spinner switch rod, rollover button for the middle, a rubber replacement kit and LEDs.One other matter is the top outside rollover switches contact, but nothing happens.
I still have sanding to do and there is mention online of closed circuits that are not supposed to be closed, or no contact at all. I will work on it more tomorrow. Thank you, TD.

IMG_1235 (resized).JPGIMG_1235 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TDAVIS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-football-pin-motor-spins-wo-stopping-resetting?tu=TDAVIS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.