• Latest reply 7 years ago by woz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

The N relay for the 10 point score real is staying energized causing the score reel to pull in and not release. The only 10 point scoring is for slingshots and they are not the problem. The only other thing I see on the print is 4C and 1B on the score reel and they are suppose to be energized. This problem just started. It's 01:30 in the morning and I have been trying to figure it out since 17:00. I'm new but usually pretty good at finding a problem but this one is making me nuts. Any help?

#2 7 years ago

When you start the game, do you hear the chime strike and then lock on? If so, disconnect the playing field and then the problem is there (on the playing field somewhere). I can't believe the sling shot is the only 10 point on there and I've owned 3 Pro-footballs.

Or does the "N" relay stay locked on after you hit the sling shot. If so, I would say look at the gaps on the "N relay" or even the score reel. Could be too tight.

Should be an easy fix since the problem just occurred. And don't loose sleep over it...best thing is walk away and come back later. Most my answers come to me while my eyes are shut!

#3 7 years ago

There is 6 switches for the 10 points ( N relay) 2 for each slingshot on the top of the vari-target that's 4 when I press those the slingshot works doesn't score because the N relay is pulled in and one switch on the bottom of each vari-target that's not a slingshot it's just a 10 point switch.when I press those nothing happens. That tells me one of those is making contact but they are not .

#4 7 years ago

Yes it releases when game is over and energizes when the stepper goes to ball 1

#5 7 years ago

If you are sure it is not a 10 point switch (did you disconnect the playfield as previously suggested?) then check the EOS switch on the 10 point reel.

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

When I unplug the playfield from the back box with the small Jones plug it releases the "N" relay. Everything else works with that plug pulled except the pop bumpers and the slingshots. The pop bumpers work fine when plugged in. I desoldered the wires going to the 2 other 10 point switches before I pulled the playfield plug and the "N" still pulls in. The slingshots work fine when plugged in they just don't score because the relay is in . I checked every switch on the Playfield and they are all okay I have been at this since 5 o'clock last night except for about 6 hours of sleep in the middle the game was working great I change some light bulbs in the back glass and Playfield and when I restarted the game that's when it happened but I can't find anything

#7 7 years ago

Looking at the print I can't see anything else that can activate the (N- 10 point Relay)accept those 6 switches. I desoldered 2 of them and the other four are not making contact not unless there's something on the print then I missing. The N see releasing when I pull the Playfield Jones plug tells me it has to be coming from the play field somewhere

#8 7 years ago

Problem solved . Thanks for your help . There was another switch on top of the playfield making contact. . Hrs of looking for a 5 second fix, but did did learn a lot about how the systems work

#9 7 years ago

Good to hear!
Go have fun playing football!

#10 7 years ago

Thanks for responding woz and jodini

#11 7 years ago

Good to hear you found the problem

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-football-n-relay-for-10-points?hl=spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.