(Topic ID: 241275)

Private Transport vs STI/FedEx

By GreenMarine

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi All,

Need some advice. I'm purchasing a NIB game up in the northeast and need it delivered to South Florida. I have a couple options delivery wise and wondering what the thoughts were from the veterans here in the pinball world. First option: There is a local gentleman making the trek within the next couple weeks. I don't know him personally but he is a member of the local pinball forum here in Florida. Offered to pick it up for me for a reasonable price. Will be in a trailer and he has experience transporting. Might be in the trailer for a week or so though. Second option: Using STI or FedEx. I've heard the good and the bad with both companies but in the event of a mishap I would have insurance with this option. Would be a bit more expensive as well. Also would get here alot quicker. So, what are everyone's thoughts? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

I would personally go with local guy. Probably will be cheaper and he’ll take care of it better than a delivery company.

#3 4 years ago

FedEx gives zero shits. You think you have insurance until you try to make a claim.

#4 4 years ago

Rixzilla and Bob Cunningham are collectors and have excellent reputations for hauling pins. Sti doesn’t offer a real insurance policy and if anything gets damaged it’ll take months of fighting with them to get them to pay you. Also they ship pins on legs, so higher chance of damage.

#5 4 years ago

I've never had a problem with STI after shipping dozens of machines, but I'd go with a one man operation in this case. Less shuffling the machine around, no forklifts, direct communication with the transporter when needed etc...

2 weeks later
    #6 4 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input. Went with private transport. Game should be arriving within a week. Keep you guys updated.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/private-transport-vs-sti-fedex?hl=greenmarine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.