6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by GreenMarine
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 months ago

Hi All,

Need some advice. I'm purchasing a NIB game up in the northeast and need it delivered to South Florida. I have a couple options delivery wise and wondering what the thoughts were from the veterans here in the pinball world. First option: There is a local gentleman making the trek within the next couple weeks. I don't know him personally but he is a member of the local pinball forum here in Florida. Offered to pick it up for me for a reasonable price. Will be in a trailer and he has experience transporting. Might be in the trailer for a week or so though. Second option: Using STI or FedEx. I've heard the good and the bad with both companies but in the event of a mishap I would have insurance with this option. Would be a bit more expensive as well. Also would get here alot quicker. So, what are everyone's thoughts? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

#2 6 months ago

I would personally go with local guy. Probably will be cheaper and he’ll take care of it better than a delivery company.

#3 6 months ago

FedEx gives zero shits. You think you have insurance until you try to make a claim.

#4 6 months ago

Rixzilla and Bob Cunningham are collectors and have excellent reputations for hauling pins. Sti doesn’t offer a real insurance policy and if anything gets damaged it’ll take months of fighting with them to get them to pay you. Also they ship pins on legs, so higher chance of damage.

#5 6 months ago

I've never had a problem with STI after shipping dozens of machines, but I'd go with a one man operation in this case. Less shuffling the machine around, no forklifts, direct communication with the transporter when needed etc...

2 weeks later
    #6 5 months ago

Thank you everyone for your input. Went with private transport. Game should be arriving within a week. Keep you guys updated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 229.99
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 17.00
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 229.99
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside