(Topic ID: 145150)

Pristine HUO under 300 plays RBION, and mods to follow. (pics!)

By shacklersrevenge

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03599.jpg
DSC03600.jpg
DSC03603.jpg
12310509_10153719353608529_3594096013856300736_n.jpg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
DSC03559.jpg
DSC03560.jpg
DSC03564.jpg
DSC03566.jpg
DSC03565.jpg
DSC03567.jpg
DSC03570.jpg
DSC03572.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hey guys, so recently I was in some discussion in some thread here on pinside about what older stern NIB would you take over a current nib. Rbion came up, along with LOTR.

And a deal happen to come out of nowhere for basically just that. Just did a trade for this pristine new out of box huo RBION audits show less than 300 plays on original code, and it looks legit. I could have Thanksgiving dinner on or under this playfield. Having been around the block before with a Ripley, it's a quality game, but also one that is tough to find in nice shape and not beat down. Having owned a few over the years, they get beat down, so it's cool to see an 11 year old game pretty clean.

Follow along with this thread, it's going to get good if you're into fresh games with tasteful mods. A feast for the eyes!

Here is a list of mods I will be doing to this one:
Full side rails
Orange T molding
Orange led flipper button
Titan rubber orange
LED speaker lights
BIG FOOT CROSSING TOPPER! (very cool) This will get broken down and stretched across the top of the backbox. I will also be offering this for sale if anyone is interested. I do toppers!

Here are some before pictures, look at that virgin scoop! It has since been covered by a cliffy.

448650-i.jpg448650-i.jpg
448643-i.jpg448643-i.jpg
bigfoot-crossing-stock-diamond-shaped-corrugated-plastic-sign-22x22.jpgbigfoot-crossing-stock-diamond-shaped-corrugated-plastic-sign-22x22.jpg

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

new out of box huo RBION audits show less than 300 plays

We just call that HUO.

#3 8 years ago

DSC03572.JPGDSC03572.JPGDSC03570.JPGDSC03570.JPGDSC03567.JPGDSC03567.JPGDSC03566.JPGDSC03566.JPGDSC03565.JPGDSC03565.JPGDSC03564.JPGDSC03564.JPGDSC03560.JPGDSC03560.JPGDSC03559.JPGDSC03559.JPG

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

We just call that HUO.

''We'' is not me. For an older game like this, I'll call it what I want.

#5 8 years ago

I just picked one up a few months back with a total of 88 plays it even had the original batteries in it thankfully no leakage. It is as new as they come. I love the game it is a blast. I owned one before, sold it and missed the hell out of it. Needless to say this one will be here for awhile. Congrats on your RBION it is sure getting tough to find a nice one

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I just picked one up a few months back with a total of 88 plays it even had the original batteries in it thankfully no leakage. It is as new as they come. I love the game it is a blast. I owned one before, sold it and missed the hell out of it. Needless to say this one will be here for awhile. Congrats on your RBION it is sure getting tough to find a nice one

Wow, 88 plays! That has to feel good. It's a great game with a unique layout and it's a tough game to play! I just ordered new/latest roms for this from John Wart ($15 shipped)

#7 8 years ago

My plan for s to powdercoat the side rails lockdown and legs blue. Chrome back box t-molding (similar to newer sterns) purple Titan flipper rubber with white Titan silicone rubbers every where else. Backalley temple mod and maybe a few other mods. Recently I just installed all LEDs and a ledocd board in it which is absolutely a must do if you're planning to do LEDs on a RBION The ghosting and flicker on the insert lighting effects is just terrible if you do not use one. Also FYI I tried superband post rubbers by the scoop because the normal ones get beat up so fast. I took them off after a few games due to the bounce back was aweful it would shoot the ball into the left drain every time uuuggghh lol

#8 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

#9 8 years ago

Lucky find. I've only played on a computer but hope to pick one up someday.

#10 8 years ago

Nice, but living dangerously without that cliffy on that scoop hmm

Have you been to Atlantis? I've done it a couple times, it's pretty tough to do but the journey is great.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from jeff_286:

Lucky find. I've only played on a computer but hope to pick one up someday.

Indeed, but it was listed in the North East for sale thread a couple months back and the price was more than reasonable. Not sure why it stuck around, but that's okay by me.

#12 8 years ago

There's a cliffy on it now lol I took that one pic when I first picked it up

#13 8 years ago

Your lucky I had no cash at the time Shackler. Nice score. The cliffs on kiss is making me nuts due to how narrow the shot now is. I'm considering removing and polyurethaning the wood.wear area, carefully. Risky, I know, but cliffs makes the scoop too hard, and nothing there is not an option, so plan C coming. Happy dead bird day.

#14 8 years ago

Leave the cliffy on, is what I would do. Those can make the shots harder, but harder is better than easier.

#15 8 years ago

Nice pickup. I hope to own one of these one day.

#16 8 years ago

Very nice copy I just sold a nice example and miss it.
I have a CV this beautiful that I am going to sell soon. I am hesitant because it is just very hard to find this kind of condition!!!

#17 8 years ago

That's a really, really nice looking example of it. I bought mine as an HUO as well but I suspect while it was, when it was waiting to be sold it was sitting in a shop on free play so it's had a bit of use (no wear around the scoop, just a little bit of dirt). Still has the HUO coindoor too with only a red plastic on it, only main issue was a severely mushroomed shrunken head magnet that had ground a little into the PF.

You did well to score that, it's a pretty machine! I'd strongly suggest getting an OCD for it, you won't regret it at all.

#18 8 years ago

I have these for sale if anyone wants one. I'll have a picture of it in my game by tomorrow- this is NOT 3d printed. This is made of wood with a metal base and a laminated front. $25 shipped
Thanks!

12310509_10153719353608529_3594096013856300736_n.jpg12310509_10153719353608529_3594096013856300736_n.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pristine-new-out-of-box-rbion-and-mods-to-follow-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.