(Topic ID: 345165)

Princess Bride Pinball? Who do you think is behind this?

By MrMikeman

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
subscribe (resized).png
#1 9 months ago

https://www.theprincessbridepinball.com/

Pretty vague..

SO vague in fact I'm thinking something like Ballarama trying to cash in on the hype for Labyrinth..

#2 9 months ago

How did you even find this? The domain was registered only four days ago, just before the Labyrinth hype kicked in.

subscribe (resized).pngsubscribe (resized).png

Who's brave enough to give them your email address and see what they say? I would, but I'm busy sending my bank account number to this Nigerian prince who needs my help.

#3 9 months ago

Themes for pinball people come up with just keep getting better and better every day.

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

How did you even find this? The domain was registered only four days ago, just before the Labyrinth hype kicked in.
[quoted image]
Who's brave enough to give them your email address and see what they say? I would, but I'm busy sending my bank account number to this Nigerian prince who needs my help.

Saw it in a Discord channel discussion. Thought I'd come in here and ask if anyone heard of this. It's on our short list of themes we'd like to see (my wife's a pinhead too).

If the domain was registered 4 days ago then it was after the Labyrinth announcement on 11 Oct.

#5 9 months ago

Looks very scammy. If it’s legit, they did a poor job making it seem trustworthy.

#6 9 months ago

From the looks of that website, someone that remembered their Geocities HTML website password from 1999 is behind it. Maybe it will be available on buy.com.

#7 9 months ago

Always love a geo cities drop

#8 9 months ago

I trust gas station sushi more than that website.

#9 9 months ago

Inconceivable

#10 9 months ago

Whois just provides Namecheap in Reykjavik. Registrant didn't want to be revealed it seems.

#11 9 months ago

Rumor is this will be an Andre the Giant sized widebody.

#12 9 months ago

Seems like its unique art at least? I want to believe...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13 9 months ago

Looks like the domain name and website host are both with namecheap, with the server's IP address resolving to Arizona. No useful details in the SSL certificate--it just has the issuer details, not the user details.

So, no real indication what country or state this might be from, although I would lean towards at least assuming a US-based entity, given that the website server is hosted in the US (rather than the UK, the Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, etc). So that likely rules out foreign pinball companies such as Dutch pinball, haggis pinball, and pinball brothers.

4 months later
#14 5 months ago

Latest update. Reveal coming on Feb. 19.

#15 4 months ago

Multimorphic is the answer.

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Multimorphic is the answer.

….annnnd excitement turns to disappointment in a heartbeat. Oh well.

#17 4 months ago

Alright, I looked at the announcement properly this time.

The relatively small pool of P3 Multimorphic system owners will be excited.

The rest of us see less than half of a pinball machine that would cost $11,500 (we’re getting into JJP territory here) and not ship out for close to a year.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

The rest of us see less than half of a pinball machine that would cost $11,500 (we’re getting into JJP territory here) and not ship out for close to a year.

Not sure why you only see half a pinball machine - looks like a full game to me. I'll watch the stream this weekend or try to play one at TPF so I can decide for myself but it looks pretty promising from the video.

#19 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Alright, I looked at the announcement properly this time.
The relatively small pool of P3 Multimorphic system owners will be excited.

I said in the other thread that MM really needs another killer app. Princess Bride can get them a little closer, but I'm not buying the system just for that at $11.5k. I'd be interested in some of these modules, but at $3500 each, it's gonna add up fast. That means I've got to find a used one someone wants to sell for a steal.

I like the concept, but there's not a killer "must have" and the 7 or 8 modules they do have even with PB now added to the mix aren't quite enough to draw me in for the final sale.

In the end, I like some of what I see on the P3 at this point. I'll continue watching from afar for now and who knows, maybe one day MM develops something to push me over the edge and give it a shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Life

$ 33.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.