Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DCFAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 8 years ago

Some media are reporting he has died. Other media sources are awaiting confirmation.

RIP to a great guitarist if true.

#2 8 years ago

TMZ is the only source 'confirming' it; everybody else is sourcing TMZ, but it appears to be true.

#3 8 years ago

He outlived Elvis by quite a few years.....

#4 8 years ago

Prince was on a flight about a week ago that had to emergency land to get him to the hospital because of the flu.

#5 8 years ago

Sad day. Although I never owned any recordings of his. I certainly appreciated what he had created. Very talented.

#6 8 years ago

Man, this one hurts. Such an amazing artist, one of the truly great musicians that wrote and performed original music.

#8 8 years ago

go to the 3:29 mark of this video for some entertainment:

#9 8 years ago

Prince Rogers Nelson, known by his mononym Prince and the Artist formerly known as Prince, was an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and actor and has been a major figure in popular music for over three decades. (Wiki)

All of this and no prince themed pinball?

Died at 57 very suddenly. A sad day for us all, My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

#10 8 years ago

1 week later
#11 7 years ago

Never a big fan, but his talent and influence was huge.

#12 7 years ago

Sorry if I seem crass but has the cause of death been determined?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry if I seem crass but has the cause of death been determined?

They are still waiting for the autopsy. It seems very likely that it was an OD of pain killers but that is only an educated guess based on the fact that he had prescription opioids on his person when found dead and other reports that he had overdosed the week before.

They say he had been struggling with hip and/or knee pain for about 20 years.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prince-may-have-passed-away and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.