vending_(resized).jpg
Tyka_(resized).jpg
prince_(resized).jpg
prince2web_(resized).jpg
bruce_lee__(resized).jpg
purple-rain_(resized).jpg
prince_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Sadly CNN is reporting Prince died this morning at 57 in his home in Minnesota.

#2 8 years ago

I saw that also. Very sad day.

#3 8 years ago

Dude could play guitar. RIP.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Dude could play guitar. RIP.

And basketball. I also heard he made great waffles... He will be missed.

#6 8 years ago

What a performer and a legend. Absolutely he'll be missed.

#7 8 years ago

That was some nasty flu that's been going around. The man died way too young. RIP.

#8 8 years ago

Balls...... This sucks balls.

RIP you tiny purple genius. The 80's would not have sounded the way they did without you.

#9 8 years ago

He will be missed...always a great show.

#10 8 years ago

Major loss. He will be forever missed.

#11 8 years ago

I can't fucking believe it.

I was close to the stage when he played Coachella in 2008. One of the best shows I've ever seen! This hurts my soul.

So many amazing musicians gone this year: David Bowie. Lemmy. Phife Dawg. And now Prince. I wish the Reaper would take a break already.

#12 8 years ago

That sucks, he was a great talent.

RIP Prince!

#13 8 years ago

Sucks. As a child I listened to the 1989 batman album over and over. And still do. Classic tunes! Trust, Arms of Orion, Batdance, and Partyman!! RIP Purple Rain!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#14 8 years ago

So sad.

#15 8 years ago

Too young

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That was some nasty flu that's been going around. The man died way too young. RIP.

It wasn't the flu......

#17 8 years ago

He was an amazing performer, awesome singer, and ripped the guitar too...

gonna miss you P

prince_(resized).jpgprince_(resized).jpg

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It wasn't the flu......

How do you know?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How do you know?

He knows everything....he thinks!

#20 8 years ago

This one hurts

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How do you know?

The flu doesn't kill 57 year old men.

Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.2

Those are VERY old or VERY young. Especially someone with his support system.

He was rumored to have aids long before and he also supposedly went to a "prayer doctor" who cured him so he stopped taking his ARV's.

#22 8 years ago

His music was WAY outside my genre...and I loved almost all of it

#24 8 years ago

I think Minnesota will probably declare a statewide day of mourning and fly flags at half staff. He will be missed by many world wide. He put on some amazing shows. A huge musical talent that will be hard to replace, R.I.P. Prince...

#25 8 years ago

www.thecurrent.org/listen

streaming Prince from now until ?

#26 8 years ago

Yeah, it's cool they are playing a huge variety of his music... I'm guessing for the rest of the day.

#27 8 years ago

RIP Prince. One of a kind artist.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The flu doesn't kill 57 year old men.
Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.2
Those are VERY old or VERY young. Especially someone with his support system.
He was rumored to have aids long before and he also supposedly went to a "prayer doctor" who cured him so he stopped taking his ARV's.

Then you should educate yourself. People with AIDS don't die from AIDS. They die from common things like the flu that a normal body would be able to fight off.

Also RIP Prince.

#29 8 years ago

Prince is an artist who, even if you didn't like his music you could still recognize his great talent.

RIP

#30 8 years ago

Purple Rain best album of the 80s easy.

Still has nothing to do with pinball.

#31 8 years ago

he could play a lot more than just guitar. He was fluent in over 7 complex instruments. Master musician.

#32 8 years ago

He was a dick to me in LA in the 80's. But, still sorry to see him go. (I would trade Justin Bieber to get him back)

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Then you should educate yourself. People with AIDS don't die from AIDS. They die from common things like the flu that a normal body would be able to fight off.
Also RIP Prince.

I understand that but it wasn't "JUST" the flu.

#34 8 years ago

purple-rain_(resized).jpgpurple-rain_(resized).jpg

#35 8 years ago

Bummer. Great guy. Huge talent. **removed anything remotely speculatory so pinside morality police don't trample with high horse**

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

He was a dick to me in LA in the 80's. But, still sorry to see him go. (I would trade Justin Bieber to get him back)

he's not just a dick to you. he was a dick to a lot of people. many people were considered beneath him. Not just the girls.

#37 8 years ago

Jesus, Pinside you never cease to amaze me..........

Let the man rest in peace for a day or two before you feel the need to go all keyboard warrior and tell other people how you know that he died of this or that or how how there was a rumor about him having a specific condition.

How he died is irrelevant to the ways he contributed to music.
Maybe, just maybe give that some focus rather than bickering about COD.

#38 8 years ago

does it really matter? i'ts not like he would have been reading the forums or not. Dead or not, still doesn't effect what positive and negative things he has contributed to society. Just cuz he's dead, now all of a sudden shit is taboo to talk about? Bullshit.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

And basketball. I also heard he made great waffles... He will be missed.

Pancakes

#40 8 years ago

sure would have been nice for this not to have hit the basement so quickly.

Glenn Frey had nothing to do with pinball either, but his thread was on the front page for days before it got moved.

also: nobody cares if he was a dick to you or if you think you know what killed him. it's not about YOU right now. a bit of respect for a legend.

#41 8 years ago

I'll just leave this here.

#42 8 years ago

that song controversy, really will prove to be timeless if it hasnt already, pretty great stuff odin, thx.

#43 8 years ago

I love that album! He was an amazing talent at a very young age and he left us way too soon.

#44 8 years ago

What a shame, a great guitarist.

#45 8 years ago

I never really cared for his music, but Prince had more talent in his little finger than most artists could ever hope to have.

It's a sad day in MN.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

that song controversy, really will prove to be timeless if it hasnt already, pretty great stuff odin, thx.

"Am I black or white, am I straight, or gay?"

Sums it up! Rockin fuckin song too.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Purple Rain best album of the 80s easy.
Still has nothing to do with pinball.

I'm pretty sure there's some Jungle Lord footage in the purple Rain movie.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's what's so great about Prince. He didn't want, need or like the big lights of the east or the west coast. Unlike those who need that to fill their egos, he did it all right here in a suburb of the Twin Cities.

#49 8 years ago

What a terrible shame. Prince was a great artist that could also play a bevy of instruments. A legend in our time. RIP.

#50 8 years ago

I'd definitely consider a Prince themed pin.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prince-is-dead-at-age-57?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.