3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

vending_(resized).jpg
Tyka_(resized).jpg
prince_(resized).jpg
prince2web_(resized).jpg
bruce_lee__(resized).jpg
purple-rain_(resized).jpg
prince_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I'd definitely consider a Prince themed pin.

You Sexy MF mode.

#52 3 years ago

Man Lemmy, Bowie, Henley and now Prince ...... been a rough 6 months for "rock stars"!!! So glad I have no talent!

#53 3 years ago

So many great songs.

Another legend passes into history.

#54 3 years ago

Whoa, careful, you're frightening Joe Walsh.

bruce_lee__(resized).jpg

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Man Lemmy, Bowie, Henley and now Prince ...... been a rough 6 months for "rock stars"!!! So glad I have no talent!

Well, don't mean to scare you, but millions of people with no talent have also died this year.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, don't mean to scare you, but millions of people with no talent have also died this year.

#@$%@$% So I am screwed either way huh??? Before you know it my wife will be selling my pins on Pinside and all will be telling her that they arent worth anything!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

He was a dick to me in LA in the 80's. But, still sorry to see him go. (I would trade Justin Bieber to get him back)

Come on Ted! Tell us the story......

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

#@$%@$% So I am screwed either way huh??? Before you know it my wife will be selling my pins on Pinside and all will be telling her that they arent worth anything!

They usually do out live their men.

#59 3 years ago

That sucks dude. Never got into his music much but he was recognised as a true innovator and will be sorely missed

#60 3 years ago

My first girl friend when I was like 10 liked prince and so I refused to like his music since then

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

My first girl friend when I was like 10 liked prince and so I refused to like his music since then

Have you listened to his music? That's all the more reason to like the girlfriend

#62 3 years ago

Opiates, prescribed drugs kill more people than the Flu! Media has said he had overdosed 6 days prior to his death. RIP

#63 3 years ago

Great talent. With so many popular "performers", sometimes we don't realize who the true artists are. Prince was an artist.

I still say he had the best Superbowl Halftime show ever! Who can forget him playing and singing Purple Rain in the freakin pouring rain?

#64 3 years ago

wait what? Don Henley died? When did this happen?

#65 3 years ago

Your the only one that caught that!!!

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Your the only one that caught that!!!

Oh?

#67 3 years ago

Very sad... incredible person. I read that Paisley Park had a game room, with pins - anyone have any info on what games, how many?

Jody

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from tandem2:

I read that Paisley Park had a game room, with pins - anyone have any info on what games, how many?

More to the point, what they're asking for them and if they'll ship.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I'd definitely consider a Prince themed pin.

Not a bad idea. Should have thought of it myself. A change of pace from the hard rock pins that Stern has been doing of late. Of course if Jersey Jack or Spooky did it wouldn't be bad either (assuming Prince's estate would give the license to build such a game).

#70 3 years ago

That would be a fantastic game

#71 3 years ago

Someone at work told me... Hard to believe. Tough year on music. RIP

#72 3 years ago

I was listening to Mark Goodman on SiruisXM '80's on 8 doing a tribute to Prince yesterday afternoon at work. A younger coworker heard it and asked me if I listened to Prince when I was younger. "Dude, if you had a radio you listened to Prince in the '80's."

I wasn't a big fan but as I got older I listened to more of his music and appreciated his talent. RIP Prince.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Great talent. With so many popular "performers", sometimes we don't realize who the true artists are. Prince was an artist.
I still say he had the best Superbowl Halftime show ever! Who can forget him playing and singing Purple Rain in the freakin pouring rain?
» YouTube video

That was sooooooooo fukin cool. I had never seen that before

#74 3 years ago

Simply the best musician and performer of the generation. Always relevant, always redefining himself both musically and stylistically. I normally am not impacted by the passing of musicians or celebrities, but this one is leaving a mark.

Good night, sweet Prince.

#75 3 years ago

Merle Haggard now Prince, both will be missed.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

"It was the 80s. I saw him at a cafe. He was one of the biggest superstars in the world at that time and he wouldn't sign my menu. And he didn't shake my girlfriend's hand!!!"

These stories are pointless and irrelevant. My opinion of an artist I like isn't going to be colored by meeting them, hearing a second-hand negative anecdote...it's just not important. I certainly wouldn't think to mention some fleeting bad experience I had with a famous person 30 years later on the day they died.

When James Best died recently my first thought wasn't "Wow, I remember he seemed a little crabby when I was 8 and met him at a car show to get a signed 5X7, and he didn't want to talk to me about Roscoe P Coltrane. He really could have been nicer to 8-year old Crazy Levi who stood in line for 45 minutes to meet him." I thought "Hey that guy was a great character actor who really brightened up some friday nights for me when I was a kid, and I saw him recently in a Twilight Zone episode and he was awesome!"

These guys have lives we envy but can't possibly imagine. How do you think you'd react to the 5000th autograph request or shocked look you got one day by lunch time? I have a friend who was one of the world's biggest first generation KISS fans as a young teenager back in the late 70s...he finally met Ace Frehley 10 years later and said he was the slimiest, douchiest guy he ever met.

Didn't matter to him, he still appreciated the influences and the guitar playing that got him to become a professional musician in the first place. And he learned a valuable lesson that meeting your heroes for some fleeting moment is pretty much pointless.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Went to a club in LA in the 80's. The manager (who I knew) told me Prince was coming in, would I like to meet him. I said sure. he comes in with 6 people and about 10 "bodyguards" ...manager brought me over and I said hi. One of the bodyguards stood in front of him and I was left there with my hand out. Prince just turns around.

On the dance floor, he was dancing with his entourage and the bodyguards surrounded him and pushed everybody back from the dancefloor.
Now, I would understand this if a bunch of people were trying to bother him, but, no. I went over and started arguing with one of the bodyguards because a few of my friends wanted to dance (yes, in the 80's I actually DID dance)

The manger pulls me away and says, let it go...It's Prince. So we all left and went down the street. (Sunset) I think it was House of Blues, but I'm not sure. Sooo long ago. Well, that's the dopey story.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Went to a club in LA in the 80's. The manager (who I knew) told me Prince was coming in, would I like to meet him. I said sure. he comes in with 6 people and about 10 "bodyguards" ...manager brought me over and I said hi. One of the bodyguards stood in front of him and I was left there with my hand out. Prince just turns around.
On the dance floor, he was dancing with his entourage and the bodyguards surrounded him and pushed everybody back from the dancefloor.
Now, I would understand this if a bunch of people were trying to bother him, but, no. I went over and started arguing with one of the bodyguards because a few of my friends wanted to dance (yes, in the 80's I actually DID dance)
The manger pulls me away and says, let it go...It's Prince. So we all left and went down the street. (Sunset) I think it was House of Blues, but I'm not sure. Sooo long ago. Well, that's the dopey story.

So pretty much what I thought

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These stories are pointless and irrelevant.

I was just figuring there might be waffles, some late night bball, muddy ass boots and a brand new white couch mixed in there. IDK Ted said he had that crazy girlfriend back then. It could have been interesting.

#81 3 years ago

Game.....blouses

#82 3 years ago

Fuck; Lonnie Mack R.I.P.

#83 3 years ago

I've got Prince's album HITnRUN Phase 2 playing over the PA system in the shop today, so it's also the hold music for the phone system.

I dare anyone to try and change it.

prince2web_(resized).jpg

#84 3 years ago

I wouldn't say I'm a Prince fanatic, but definitely dug his music. I remember thinking how dumb it was to change his name to a symbol, of course now that he's passed on I look it up and realize he did that because his record company owned him (young people sign their life away to make it). I respect him a lot more now.

I also think a pinball machine would be pretty dam cool. His videos were always so colorful, and the artwork alone could be fantastic. I'm imagining RGB color changing for modes like AC/DC:

(white dove mode - white lighting)
(cream - dim white)
(purple rain / raspberry beret - purple lighting)
(KISS - red lighting)
(most beautiful girl in the world - pink)

#85 3 years ago

Incredible talent, but apparently he was a pill addict. http://pagesix.com/2016/04/22/prince-911-call-released/

Always got a kick outta Kevin Smith's Prince story

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Incredible talent, but apparently he was a pill addict. http://pagesix.com/2016/04/22/prince-911-call-released/
Always got a kick outta Kevin Smith's Prince story
» YouTube video

That is interesting. It makes me think Prince had some serious personality disorders.
Also, it would not surprise me if he has a good portion of his best music in that "vault". I expect to see a lot of new Prince music released in the next several years unless he had it in his will to never allow that material to be made public.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

...it would not surprise me if he has a good portion of his best music in that "vault". I expect to see a lot of new Prince music released in the next several years unless he had it in his will to never allow that material to be made public.

Prince died without a will. His sister claimed his entire estate, estimated approximately $800M.

He has enough material in his "vault" to where the family could release a full album each year, for the next 100 years.

What I would like to know is, who sold him those crappy pins pictured in his gameroom???

prince_(resized).jpg

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Prince died without a will. His sister claimed his entire estate, estimated approximately $800M.
He has enough material in his "vault" to where the family could release a full album each year, for the next 100 years.
What I would like to know is, who sold him those crappy pins pictured in his gameroom???
prince_(resized).jpg

If he has no will then his half brothers and half sisters will likely divide the estate in equal shares with the fully related sister. Minnesota state laws dictate the inheritence to be shared that way when there is no will.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/25/news/prince-will/index.html?section=money_topstories

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

those crappy pins

No such thing!

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

No such thing!

yes there is. Have you ever played a SF2 or an Xfiles?

Just like there are very shitty video games, there are shitty pins as well. They all can't be diamonds.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes there is. Have you ever played a SF2 or an Xfiles?
Just like there are very shitty video games, there are shitty pins as well. They all can't be diamonds.

Have you ever had a shitty blowjob?

#92 3 years ago

Btw, played both. Really like sf2. That era of gottliebs are sweet!!!

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If he has no will then his half brothers and half sisters will likely divide the estate in equal shares with the fully related sister. Minnesota state laws dictate the inheritence to be shared that way when there is no will.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/25/news/prince-will/index.html?section=money_topstories

They might contest in court, who knows.

Let's see how well his hippy looking sister ends up handling this mess.

Tyka_(resized).jpg

#94 3 years ago

The full sister deserves the lion's share. The others are just illegitimate sprogs

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

The full sister deserves the lion's share. The others are just illegitimate sprogs

In the state of MN if there is no Will then the siblings split it equally! This includes half brothers and sisters as they're treated equally. It even goes as far as any deceased sibling's, I believe there are two, children are entitled to equal shares! So even though the "full sister" is currently in charge of things all the siblings will wind up getting equal amounts, again, if there is no will!

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

yes i have. felt like nothing and took like an hour. I would have been better off just rubbing it out.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

prince_(resized).jpg

Spring Break is stupidly fun. Far moreso than the translite would suggest.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

God yes.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes i have. felt like nothing and took like an hour. I would have been better off just rubbing it out.

Huh, who knew? Oh well, I still stand by my no shitty pins comment.

#100 3 years ago

Just for the record
purple was my favorite colour
way before Prince took it over.

RIP

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
$ 174.99
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 80.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside