6F320416-647E-40B2-8D26-CB9E6F5EC7B1 (resized).jpeg
87AC1154-26BC-41CD-8C57-8401CF861B92 (resized).jpeg
DSCN2029 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20200110-071603_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_8689 (resized).JPG
true.gif
20190110_082616 (resized).jpg
20181106_104900 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand the threads that people post when they have an issue with a manufacturer or distributor and they come on Pinside before trying to resolve the issue

It's called venting. Also, in some cases, that is the only way you get them to take notice.

It is very discouraging to see this, especially on a machine with only 100 run? Zero reason for lack of QA.

#94 5 years ago

If they don't they should. It costs them more to fix it later than fix it up front. Don't make excuses for poor quality on high priced items. I don't care who the company is or what their overhead is. All the companies everyone hates is due to that simple fact - they knew about an issue and chose to not worry about it rather than just fix it (because it might cost them money and time).

If this was an isolated issue, then it might be excusable, but it isn't.

If I was Primus and I had commissioned these, I would be upset and probably never do it again with that company.

Now, if Stern is quickly remediating the situation, then that is fine. However, in the bigger picture and everything else we see happening with parts it doesn't look good.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's for the best that you could not buy a Primus.
Make sure you buy all your games from a local distributor.
They will set up and test your game before they deliver it to you.
If a plastic post cracks, or a flipper breaks, they will replace it before delivery....you'll never even know about the tragedy .

I don't know, seems like it would make sense to play the hell out of one of them (not going to customers) to check for any bad parts, before going and making them all. This particular issue isn't a few years of play, this is a few days. It looks bad. The whole "i've been in this for decades and it is just how it is" doesn't cut it when you are dealing with people who aren't pinheads who just dropped 8k on a toy. Pride and quality is a lost art these days.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

@vid1900, I get that, but nobody is expecting a pinball machine to save their childs life either... so the outrage is somewhat different, don’t you think?

This is the problem with analogies. Child seats cost considerably less, have many different manufacturers to buy from, and if a childseat fails, those people will sue for millions. Not really an option with pinball machines. The best we can do is complain and hope things get better or just not buy.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
That's that problem with sad people.
They are OUTRAGED that a piece of plastic/metal on a toy broke.
Even worse, it's people who did not even buy the toy that are outraged, lol
It's a toy.

Just like the monkey, right?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
Just don't buy them, and don't get involved in threads about things you did not buy.

I don't agree with this at all. You are basically dismissing anyone who is concerned about quality. It doesn't matter if someone has bought or not because after you buy it, it is too late. Regardless of this pin or any pinball it's the wrong attitude to have. I'm not outraged, but every new thing that pops up (which is a good thing to know about) further tells me not to waste my money on bad products. You can take that and have the 'better off that way' all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the use case for these things have changed and the majority of people have an expectation of some sort of quality. I'm expressing my dismay and yes it will impact future purchase decisions, and not in a good way. if the goal is to make less people buy machines, then sure, I guess that attitude works. Not everyone is so addicted that they'll dismiss every little thing with some excuse.

P.S.: I am not discounting the fact they are replacing the parts (which they should be), that isn't the issue here, but this is one more example of shoddy workmanship.

#150 5 years ago

Pinside: laughs off and defends shoddy build parts and prices. Judges and condemns what people do with their machines complaining how it 'washes out the art'.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Well, since you want more horror stories....The Primus I worked on for my buddy today had the shooter rod assembly installed upside down. The plunger was hitting the side/edge of the playfield, no where near the ball. Flipped the housing around to correct it and still had to put a shim behind the mounting plate to get the plunger centered. No idea how this could be missed.... not one single ball play tested? Also, rubbers breaking like others have said....... pretty crazy he has to repair the game, change the flipper bats, and shop it before playing.........Sheesh!

Well duh, if you wanted it working out of the box you need to pay another $8k

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/primus-pinball-woes-sadness-disappointment?tu=Zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.