6F320416-647E-40B2-8D26-CB9E6F5EC7B1 (resized).jpeg
87AC1154-26BC-41CD-8C57-8401CF861B92 (resized).jpeg
DSCN2029 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20200110-071603_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_8689 (resized).JPG
true.gif
20190110_082616 (resized).jpg
20181106_104900 (resized).jpg

There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 3 years ago

Open the game up. Physically inspect the flipper underneath. Compare with the good flipper. Several physicals things can affect a flipper.

Coil sleeves are cheap to replace
The rod in the coil should feel smooth going through the coil and sleeve. Inspect the plunger rod for abrasiveness or mushrooming. A file usual cures that.
The plastic epic connecting the plunger to the flipper wears out - the hole it links to gets bigger, looser, sloppier
The coil stop may simply be loose

Consider the vids guide to flipper rebuilds here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

Page 43 of the Whoa Nellie manual covers the flipper assemblies. You can download that from Stern if the
Pabst manual is lacking.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Page 43 of the Whoa Nellie manual covers the flipper assemblies. You can download that from Stern if the
Pabst manual is lacking.

Where can one find the Pabst manual or the Primus manual? They are NOT on Stern's website.

#253 3 years ago

No idea. But, it's the same mechanical game, so use the Whoa Nellie one. Or, contact whoever sold you the Pabst or Primus.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Where can one find the Pabst manual or the Primus manual? They are NOT on Stern's website.

Pretty sure I've got the manual in my crusher. If there's anything you need me to look for in it, just let me know.

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

In addition. Kudos to Stern for alerting them to the issue and them immediately overnighting our customer brand new updated flipper bats. New bats from Chicago to Dallas in less than 12 hours.
Bottom line, Stern received a bad batch of bats. It can happen in any business/industry that receives parts from several manufacturers. With a small run of 100 the problem was discovered after the fact. Stern was PDQ with helping customer get back up and running.

Point being, they didn't qc these pins, at all.

11 months later
#256 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Pretty sure I've got the manual in my crusher. If there's anything you need me to look for in it, just let me know.

Since Stern has never posted a manual, can you scan it and send it to the pinball database for everyone's benefit?

#257 2 years ago

I need to find the coin box keys. I think 11 months now I can't get inside. Ridiculous.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I need to find the coin box keys. I think 11 months now I can't get inside. Ridiculous.

Drill it. Locks are cheap.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Drill it. Locks are cheap.

I think the keys fell off the head and down into the cab when I took the backglass off to put Primus in.

Volume controls on the outside of coin door. No real need till now to stop being lazy. Totally forgot to look last night.

All my games are keyed alike. Except that one. Figures.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I think the keys fell off the head and down into the cab when I took the backglass off to put Primus in.
Volume controls on the outside of coin door. No real need till now to stop being lazy. Totally forgot to look last night.
All my games are keyed alike. Except that one. Figures.

What is the code on the lock? You can likely get new keys from Stern or Happ.

#261 2 years ago

That game has a Happ coin door with Happ locks installed. The key number is stamped into the face of the lock.

#262 2 years ago

Thanks for the help guys.

I have a long history of scratched coin doors and broken drill bits. Was really hoping the keys would just show up.

Now I can finally replace the crusty ball in the game and try to figure out this scanner.

Screenshot_20200110-071603_Gallery (resized).jpg
#263 2 years ago

So there actually is a Can Crusher Manual.

I wonder if the people with a Primus actually got a manual in their machines too?

These manuals need to be scanned and shared since Stern is not forthcoming with manuals for these machines.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

my only current gripe would be that the game has flashers in the backbox that don't ever seem to flash (unless someone can show me otherwise). this is a code issue, as they work fine in test. i mentioned this to stern when i called about my flipper. the response: "well, it's not a very deep game." to which i said: "yeah, that's true, but it has flashers, they should flash."

The flasher problem was corrected with the latest game code.

1 week later
#265 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Did you get a chance to scan that manual yet?

#266 2 years ago

Have not. Thanks for reminder.

#267 2 years ago

That totally sucks about the Primus flippers. Question: Why have they reskinned this game 3 times? Are they trying to recoup the dev costs or something? I actually kind of like WNBJM but the constant farting sounds get really old. Plus it's a TnA machine without very much actual TnA.

#268 2 years ago

It needed reskinning since the WNBJM theme was unfortunate. It was easy/cheap to reskin since there is no display to redo.

7 months later
#269 1 year ago

This thread makes me feel sick - what a shoddy production run

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Did you get a chance to scan that manual yet?

Pinstym: Any updates on scanning that manual?

#271 1 year ago

I will try to take care of this asap. Apologies.

Is there a good phone scanner app (samsung phone) where it would pretty much be like taking a bunch of pics? I could just send to you and let you do whatever with.

#272 1 year ago

Scanned.

Do you have Google Drive?

#273 1 year ago

Nope. Any chance it could be submitted to the IPDB?

My mailbox limits are 10mb file size maximum.

#274 1 year ago

The manual has been submitted to ipbd.

1 week later
#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

The manual has been submitted to ipbd.

Added.

1 year later
#278 4 months ago

This machine was at Texas Pinball Festival last weekend.
Brought by an exhibitor and placed in the free play area.

I played a couple games on it.
Got to enter my initials for one of the hi scores on the little tiny screen in lower left corner by apron.
The flippers worked fine. Unknown if owner had to repair/modify flippers.
DSCN2029 (resized).JPG

#279 4 months ago

I am stoked to own a WNBJM and it is an absolute blast to play, when you understand the objective which is minimal but hard to achieve. Hopefully all that played enjoyed.
I have the sound roms for WNBJM, Primus and Pabst. Honestly Pabst is killer but Nellie is right up there with music and call-outs.

#280 4 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am stoked to own a WNBJM and it is an absolute blast to play, when you understand the objective which is minimal but hard to achieve. Hopefully all that played enjoyed.
I have the sound roms for WNBJM, Primus and Pabst. Honestly Pabst is killer but Nellie is right up there with music and call-outs.

these games are so underrated. you said it perfect, simple to learn, difficult to achieve. many people won't even pay it any mind cuz it doesn't have ramps and intricate rules, let alone animations and LCD feedback. But I love it. My wife and I's favorite pinball nights are grabbing a couple of high life's and jammin' on any of the variations of this game. And split flipper is awesome on it, too.

#281 4 months ago

Put WNBJM in a tournament and some people hated it as they didn't get it and "respect the bounce"
She made me proud.

87AC1154-26BC-41CD-8C57-8401CF861B92 (resized).jpeg
#282 4 months ago

Put WNBJM in a tournament and some people hated it as they didn't get it and "respect the bounce"
She made me proud.[quoted image]

love the numbered mats!

1 month later
#283 3 months ago

Getting a Primus tomorrow. Is this the de facto owners thread?

#284 3 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Congrats. Take care of the shooter rod. It's so easy to put a knee in to it when setting up/moving. Ask me how I know.

#285 3 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Glad to see another one in Colorado!!! We love ours

6F320416-647E-40B2-8D26-CB9E6F5EC7B1 (resized).jpeg
#286 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Congrats. Take care of the shooter rod. It's so easy to put a knee in to it when setting up/moving. Ask me how I know.

Will do!

#287 3 months ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Glad to see another one in Colorado!!! We love ours [quoted image]

Good to know! I am excited for the game.

#288 3 months ago

I installed a subwoofer from the headphone output. Highly recommend. I play it loud. Sound is amazing.

#289 3 months ago

If this is going to become the club thread the title should be renamed to 'Primus Sucks'

#290 3 months ago

Just arrived!

BD8A8624-21D2-4D2A-A341-8CDF9150CAAB (resized).jpeg
#291 3 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Just arrived!
[quoted image]

nice! where'd you find a NIB?

#292 3 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

nice! where'd you find a NIB?

Cointaker had one. It hasn’t been on their website. I played it at TPF and loved it. I asked Melissa if she happened to have one hiding in the warehouse half joking. She said yes! She actually had two. The first one arrived a few weeks ago with a fork through the cabinet. So she sent me the other one. The first one will go back to stern for repair.

#293 3 months ago

What pitch are folks running for this game?

#294 3 months ago

Here she is with a fresh sheet of voodoo glass. What a great game.

BE0A73BC-047A-4861-BA27-FB644084CC27 (resized).jpeg
#295 3 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

What pitch are folks running for this game?

mine is 6 deg and fast with a few coil settings tweaked combined with silicone rubber.

Woo hoo

I have WNBJM but you can use all three codes to switch it up

Great day

#296 3 months ago

mine is 6 deg and fast with a few coil settings tweaked combined with silicone rubber.
Woo hoo
I have WNBJM but you can use all three codes to switch it up
Great day

Awesome! I am 5.5 at the moment. I am going to be up all night playing this thing.

#297 3 months ago

Wow. If I knew she had one I would have grabbed that a long time ago! Congrats!

#298 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Wow. If I knew she had one I would have grabbed that a long time ago! Congrats!

Well in theory the one I refused is on its way to Stern to repair and should come out good as new. I would have just waited and taken that repaired one but she had the other and sent it to me. So I expect she will have that one for sale once it is repaired. The damage was just on the underside. The rest of the game looked great. Zoom in on the hole in the box and you can see where the fork chewed into the cabinet.

14D37D68-33BF-470B-B7C5-BC76100C5B5A (resized).jpeg
#299 3 months ago

I'm good.....I have one that I picked up not to long ago but would have loved an NIB. I waited for one to come up for sale in my area and I grabbed it. I contacted stern about getting a new back glass frame because where the bracket screws hold the glass.....there is a bit of a blemish on all 4 corners that likely happened during shipping. Its not that noticable but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. They indicated no more parts for these. So be careful!

Insane how often the fork lift drivers mess up these games!

#300 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm good.....I have one that I picked up not to long ago but would have loved an NIB. I waited for one to come up for sale in my area and I grabbed it. I contacted stern about getting a new back glass frame because where the bracket screws hold the glass.....there is a bit of a blemish on all 4 corners that likely happened during shipping. Its not that noticable but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. They indicated no more parts for these. So be careful!
Insane how often the fork lift drivers mess up these games!

Yeah I have those on my NIB frame as well. It is rivet/weld poking trough the frame from the slip in fastener on the backside of the frame. Bugs me a bit as well. But as you said no parts. The game is fun enough that I have already gotten over it lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!