6F320416-647E-40B2-8D26-CB9E6F5EC7B1 (resized).jpeg
87AC1154-26BC-41CD-8C57-8401CF861B92 (resized).jpeg
DSCN2029 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20200110-071603_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_8689 (resized).JPG
true.gif
20190110_082616 (resized).jpg
20181106_104900 (resized).jpg

There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 5 years ago

They are hardly visable guys.

Pfft.

They are nothing compared to the white LEDs next to them. Does not wash out any art at all, as I predicted. I like a lot.

?
20190108_092058 (resized).jpg20190108_092058 (resized).jpg20190108_092153 (resized).jpg20190108_092153 (resized).jpg

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Pfft.
They are nothing compared to the white LEDs next to them. Does not wash out any art at all, as I predicted. I like a lot.

?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You be you, Turbo.
The game looks great and I can't wait to play one.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

You guys do realize the posts were already purple, right? (Maybe not?)
I just added White LEDs
How about wait for comments at least until i power up the damn machine, eh?
You dont even know what it will look like yet. Lol

Ignore the clown pukers. They have to gripe about other people's games. It's what they do. I've done the lighted star post thing on a couple of games. One suggestion is getting dimmers from Comet if they are too bright. With a turn of a screw, you can dial in the brightness exactly where you want it. BTW - love the wall art.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Ignore the clown pukers. They have to gripe about other people's games.

I don't think you have a good grasp on the term.

#155 5 years ago

See? They dont over power anything with absurd amounts of purple. They are not harming any artwork imo. You can hardly tell they are on.

20190108_105444 (resized).jpg20190108_105444 (resized).jpg20190108_105518 (resized).jpg20190108_105518 (resized).jpg
#156 5 years ago

Scott- you don't owe anyone on here anything, nor do you have to prove anything to them. it's your game that you spent $8k on. let the haters hate, and you enjoy your awesome new toy. problem solved.

#157 5 years ago

Ever wonder why the posts were translucent to begin with? The dark purple needed leds. Otherwise they almost looked black. You couldn't see much purple at all next to the bright white leds.

I really love it. Same with the Yellow and Green translucent posts lit up with white leds. Looks great and not too bright at all. No regrets and ill add more to finish next week.
15469881863336012725854206845658 (resized).jpg15469881863336012725854206845658 (resized).jpg

#158 5 years ago

Then start your own goddamn thread instead of jacking this one. I'm coming here to read sadness and disappointments not unbridled enthusiasms!!!!

#159 5 years ago

Now i have two off and two posts On. Along with oem lighting.

Just to see the difference of with and without as machine is on. Minus white rubbers. It is a very subtle addition of color that was already there to begin with.
Otherwise star posts are just a blurry shadow of darkness in a fuzz of overpowering white led lights. You cant even tell the true color.

20190108_180104 (resized).jpg20190108_180104 (resized).jpg

#160 5 years ago

One on, one off.

Just as example for any primus pinball owners to see as reference for what changed by adding post led lights.

20190108_182045 (resized).jpg20190108_182045 (resized).jpg

#161 5 years ago

Well, since you want more horror stories....The Primus I worked on for my buddy today had the shooter rod assembly installed upside down. The plunger was hitting the side/edge of the playfield, no where near the ball. Flipped the housing around to correct it and still had to put a shim behind the mounting plate to get the plunger centered. No idea how this could be missed.... not one single ball play tested? Also, rubbers breaking like others have said....... pretty crazy he has to repair the game, change the flipper bats, and shop it before playing.........Sheesh!

#162 5 years ago

Yeah.....unfortunately you are not the only one. They were built in a rush right before Christmas by half drunk monkeys.

Lucky to have what we got! Lol

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Well, since you want more horror stories....The Primus I worked on for my buddy today had the shooter rod assembly installed upside down. The plunger was hitting the side/edge of the playfield, no where near the ball. Flipped the housing around to correct it and still had to put a shim behind the mounting plate to get the plunger centered. No idea how this could be missed.... not one single ball play tested? Also, rubbers breaking like others have said....... pretty crazy he has to repair the game, change the flipper bats, and shop it before playing.........Sheesh!

Well duh, if you wanted it working out of the box you need to pay another $8k

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Pfft.

?
[quoted image][quoted image]

They look great Turbo. I think many were refering to the appearance on post 136. They were very bright in those shots. Understand though that they were not all in yet.

I like the finished product. Adds a nice touch. Did you use a dimmer or is the dimmer appearance due to the number of LEDs you are using?

Take care and I hope you enjoy the game.

#165 5 years ago

They are not on 12v but rather 5v. They are made for 5 to 6v. So they are all on full blast. Which is not much light being inside dark purple plastic.

Maybe there are 12v versions which could benefit from a dimmer, but i feel like im done. No dimmer required. Mine are all wired in parallel and not in series.

#166 5 years ago

I have to mention that we have 12 songs, and not 13 as advertised.
Missing the song, "Seven". They just forgot to add, or deleted it on purpose?

Also, these flashers do not work, ever. Even during burn-in/coil test.

They do work if you add power to them. I tried that.

Maybe Stern have update code to fix?
I reported the findings to them 10 days ago.

Other than that, for me the machine is great. Minor little complaint from me.
In the end I am happy to have purchased and no plans on selling.

I added a few songs to my machine and deleted some.
But, still limited to 12 songs on rotation.
I will just wire my flasher to stay On for now until code is added to activate them at some point? (or not?)

Scott

no flash (resized).jpgno flash (resized).jpg
#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

But you're putting bottle openers on this precious thing that you can't stand to see a dimple in..lol.
Let us know how that epoxy works out...

Welcome back

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I will just wire my flasher to stay On for now until code is added to activate them at some point? (or not?)
Scott
.[quoted image]

Quick question:

Is there anything that actually WORKS on this machine? Asking for a friend.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Scott

Did you get a manual with your machine? If so, at least some schematics may help determining where those flashers are connected in the circuit and what provides power to them. Maybe it's possible you have a defective board or they forgot to add those flashers into the game code.

#170 5 years ago

I work on machines and circuit boards for a living.

The Flashers plug into the "Flasher" plug. (Clearly labeled)

Node 11b has an output "CN4", which is the output to those Two lights.

My lights do work, as I have tested them with power.

They are just never commanded to come On by the software code I believe.

Or, as you said I maybe have a defective Node 11b board?

It is One of the Two.

Node 11b also controls the LED lights to the "credits" reel, and that LED works fine.

So, I'm asking other owners if they see the flasher LEDs come On or not?

Also asking the PBR Can Crusher guys.

If no code is ever added by updates, then I will just wire them up to stay On when machine is powered.

It's a minor complaint. Noting serious. My machine was built halfway decent. It works fine.

I tossed the original flippers day One and never will install them again.

People just have small issues. Nothing seriously wrong with the machine. Plays fine. I like it.

Not sure why so many people who don't own this machine feel the need to constantly comment in this thread.

Why not let the actual owners do the complaining guys? We don't need help doing that.

Thanks

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

It is One of the Two.
Node 11b also controls the LED lights to the "credits" reel, and that LED works fine.
If no code is ever added by updates, then I will just wire them up to stay On when machine is powered.
Thanks

Looking forward to seeing pics of your game when you are done, those lit posts look great...

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

It is One of the Two.
It's a minor complaint. Noting serious. My machine was built halfway decent. It works fine.
I tossed the original flippers day One and never will install them again.
People just have small issues. Nothing seriously wrong with the machine. Plays fine. I like it.
Not sure why so many people who don't own this machine feel the need to constantly comment in this thread.
Why not let the actual owners do the complaining guys? We don't need help doing that.
Thanks

It might be worth talking to Stern tech department and see what they say. Maybe you got a bad node board?

#173 5 years ago

Yeah, did that multiple times. Phone and emails. They dont give a fok it seems.
Machines built already, stern already got paid.
What do they care if machine wotks or not? (Thats the impression i get at least?)

#174 5 years ago

It can take years for every insert light to get coded in....us Stern owners know that, lol

#175 5 years ago

FYI - I don't recall the backbox ever flashing on Primus at the Pinball Palace either. It might be coded in someday.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

FYI - I don't recall the backbox ever flashing on Primus at the Pinball Palace either. It might be coded in someday.

My flashers come on for flasher test. I don't remember them coming on during gameplay, but I'll pay more attention next time.

#177 5 years ago

flashers are not in the code, best i can tell.

#178 5 years ago

Yeah, Stern told me no code for the flashers in WNBJM, Can Crusher, or Primus.

So, what the fok they keep installing them is beyond me! Stupid. Lol

Tough to get a straight answer from anyone at stern, and I half-dont believe the answers I get. What a weird company. Installed lights that dont work in three different versions of the same game.

#179 5 years ago

I thought the flashers worked when you completed the 4 bumpers and hit the gobble hole.. Have you not got to do this 3 times for a surprise feature!

#180 5 years ago

Pretty sure we tested that 3x with our hands. Ill try again now.

#181 5 years ago

Nah, that does nothing. Clear all lanes then into hole (pudding time! But no actual song of pudding time....stupid) repeat 4x and no extra sounds or lights or ?

The surprise feature is that Stern installed leds that do nothing and we are missing a song? Oh yeah we got that surprise alright.
Hilarious indeed!

Im just being really picky guys. My machine plays great and looks great. Im a happy owner. Im just a mechanical engineer kinda guy who enjoys tinkering on my toys. Thats all.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

My flashers come on for flasher test. I don't remember them coming on during gameplay, but I'll pay more attention next time.

No way. Mine dont and Stern told me today they never were functioning for all version of this machine. I dont believe you. Show me a pic.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

No way. Mine dont and Stern told me today they never were functioning for all version of this machine. I dont believe you. Show me a pic.

my flashers come on for flasher test, too.

#184 5 years ago

Email from Stern just now.....

"Hi Scott,

Yes, the chime software is still there. I am told if you have a Gottlieb chime this will work.

The shaker motor does not work in this game. There is no software to support it.

Best regards, Chas

(This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds)"

#185 5 years ago

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

my flashers come on for flasher test, too.

There is a specific, "flasher test"?
Maybe we didnt try that.

#187 5 years ago

We try only begin burn-in, which apparently does everything on the machine, excluding the stupid flashers. Which has its on special test?

With such special treatment from Stern, you would have thought they would at least enable the darn thing since they bothered to install it and write special testing code. What a messed up company! Three different machines spanning years and years and still same thing? God damn!

My bad. We never try flasher test

#188 5 years ago

Regardless, Stern told me the flashers do nothing in WNBJM, PBR Crusher, and Primus during game play.

#189 5 years ago

We have 330 games since Christmas!

15470762151273198693632530681914 (resized).jpg15470762151273198693632530681914 (resized).jpg

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

We try only begin burn-in, which apparently does everything on the machine, excluding the stupid flashers. Which has its on special test?
With such special treatment from Stern, you would have thought they would at least enable the darn thing since they bothered to install it and write special testing code. What a messed up company! Three different machines spanning years and years and still same thing? God damn!
My bad. We never try flasher test

Absolutely, so they installed flashers but no software to actually utilize them??? You've got to be kidding me, I'd like to see the shills defend this one...

#191 5 years ago

yes, they have their own test. go to diag --> lamp --> flash

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Absolutely, so they installed flashers but no software to actually utilize them??? You've got to be kidding me, I'd like to see the shills defend this one...

Yeah, where's vid on this one?

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yeah, where's vid on this one?

*Hahaha...you newbs. Back during Williams 3 - WPC W/B never even shipped the sockets in the game. You had to handle whittle them yourself out of sheet metal*

#194 5 years ago

I just wired them.in to stay On. Fork it.

15470784622942763309045989669352 (resized).jpg15470784622942763309045989669352 (resized).jpg
#195 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

We have 330 games since Christmas!

[quoted image]

Actually i have swapped SD cards and we probably have over 600 games. I forgot about that. Lol

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I just wired them.in to stay On. Fork it.
.[quoted image]

please show us how you did this . and a picture of the front with the backglass
on

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

So you got free flashers, and you guys are complaining???

Did you ever take your Moto cell phone apart and notice that there are "notification" LEDs inside, that are never used in the software? "Rooting" your phone is the only way to assign and utilize them.

Did you ever look at your Ford engine and notice that there is a NOS port and wiring harness, even though Ford does not offer an NOS package for your car?

Did you ever press the sound test button on your Bally Vector pin and hear all the voice samples that were never programmed into gameplay?

Did you ever hack your Arcade1Up, and find that the full Atari Breakout is programmed into the gamecode, but no menu to access it?

Cry, Cry, Cry all the way home

#198 5 years ago

Do you think Stern put the A team assembly group on this contract pin?

They probably did it out in the parking lot with temp workers

#199 5 years ago

WNBJM has these " flashers ", be aware they are 5V flashers and not the usual 12V.
I extended mine on a bent bit of aluminium to bring them forward and they work fine, they were very dull as they were set back too far. There is a specific test for these.
Also added light to gobble hole with a 10SMD LED strip from comet attached to GI.
Would love to get both PCC and Primus SD cards to change the call outs.
SIMPLE FUN GAMES. love em
MELLUNS!

20180930_163155 (resized).jpg20180930_163155 (resized).jpg
#200 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

WNBJM has these " flashers ", be aware they are 5V flashers and not the usual 12V.
I extended mine on a bent bit of aluminium to bring them forward and they work fine, they were very dull as they were set back too far. There is a specific test for these.
Also added light to gobble hole with a 10SMD LED strip from comet attached to GI.
Would love to get both PCC and Primus SD cards to change the call outs.
SIMPLE FUN GAMES. love em
MELLUNS!
[quoted image]

20181106_104900 (resized).jpg20181106_104900 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/primus-pinball-woes-sadness-disappointment/page/4?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.