(Topic ID: 312130)

Primus: A Tribute to Kings Tour. So Who's going?

By schudel5

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220603-235503 (resized).png
PXL_20220601_011903886 (resized).jpg
IMG_1205 (resized).jpg
IMG_1208 (resized).jpg
EBD52F5D-6CBD-45D0-AEC0-EC044F12D703.jpeg
23746 (resized).jpeg
news_primus_kings_22 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

So who's going to see Primus on this 2022 leg of their A Tribute to Kings tour? They're to play Rush's Farewell to Kings album in its entirety so I'm probably more excited to experience that. I'm just hoping that they take it seriously.

I have two kids living in Michigan, so I'm going to see them in Grand Rapids on May 31st. Then fly to St. Paul, MN 3 days later to see them again on June 3rd with my youngest son.

news_primus_kings_22 (resized).jpgnews_primus_kings_22 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

So who's going to see Primus on this 2022 leg of their A Tribute to Kings tour? They're to play Rush's Farewell to Kings album in its entirety so I'm probably more excited to experience that. I'm just hoping that they take it seriously.
I have two kids living in Michigan, so I'm going to see them in Grand Rapids on May 31st. Then fly to St. Paul, MN 3 days later to see them again on June 3rd with my youngest son.
[quoted image]

Les Claypool... serious??? The whole point is that music isn’t meant to be so stoic and serious. It’s about enjoying it. If we don’t enjoy it, what do we have left?

Anyway, I’m seeing them for sure. Had plans for the original tour and then it obviously got postponed

#3 2 years ago

I'm talking about the Rush tribute portion of the concert. I pretty much know how they'll play their own music. I'll enjoy it either way.

#4 2 years ago

They will be here in June I will try and make it.Should be outstanding.

#5 2 years ago

I’m sure it’ll be a serious take on the album by 3 amazing musicians who love Rush. Listen to Les Claypool’s Frog Brigade doing Pink Floyd’s Animals live…legit

4 weeks later
#6 2 years ago

This is going to be mind-blowing I'm sure. I just today saw an ad for it. Gotta share this in the Rush thread brb

#7 2 years ago

saw it in Berkley last year.. fantastic

#8 2 years ago

Me!!!!!!

#9 2 years ago

Will be seeing Les/Trey/Stewart doing an Oysterhead show at the end of the month at the Sweetwater 420 Fest. Wahoo!

#10 2 years ago

Wish there was a Colorado stop. I finally pulled the trigger on a Stern Primus. Found one NIB. Ships out today.

#11 2 years ago

I got to play Les's personal Primus machine a few months ago up at his winery. A few years ago before the machine came out I went to the winery after just picking up a Fun House.

I walk in and there's Les and the guy that helps run the place. I was all excited and giddy after getting the machine and explained to Les how I was super excited about it and got to talk with him a bit. He knew the place I bought it from and was asking what else the guy was selling to maybe furnish the winery. After he left the manager guy asked if he could check it out so we took a quick peek at it in my truck.

So fast forward to this past time I was up there and I was talking with the manager about how it was funny I was there with my machine and a few months later Primus came out. He was like yea I didn't even know it was being released and said we have one here if you want to play it. I said of course.

He took me into the office and I played a few games on it. Good times. If you look at the apron it's not signed. And for whatever reason they only had it set for 3 balls.

23746 (resized).jpeg23746 (resized).jpeg
#12 2 years ago

The show was a lot of fun when I went last year. Going back in May to see this again.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

I got to play Les's personal Primus machine a few months ago up at his winery. A few years ago before the machine came out I went to the winery after just picking up a Fun House.
I walk in and there's Les and the guy that helps run the place. I was all excited and giddy after getting the machine and explained to Les how I was super excited about it and got to talk with him a bit. He knew the place I bought it from and was asking what else the guy was selling to maybe furnish the winery. After he left the manager guy asked if he could check it out so we took a quick peek at it in my truck.
So fast forward to this past time I was up there and I was talking with the manager about how it was funny I was there with my machine and a few months later Primus came out. He was like yea I didn't even know it was being released and said we have one here if you want to play it. I said of course.
He took me into the office and I played a few games on it. Good times. If you look at the apron it's not signed. And for whatever reason they only had it set for 3 balls.
[quoted image]

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing that story.

3 weeks later
#15 1 year ago

Seems like they've been changing up the setlist a little every so often. I'm hoping for my name is mud and too many puppies but probably won't happen.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Seems like they've been changing up the setlist a little every so often. I'm hoping for my name is mud and too many puppies but probably won't happen.

They are playing it right now and it’s pretty gnarly.

EBD52F5D-6CBD-45D0-AEC0-EC044F12D703.jpegEBD52F5D-6CBD-45D0-AEC0-EC044F12D703.jpeg
#17 1 year ago

I've seen them twice the first leg of ATTK tour, about to see them again next week in DC. I've seen them 14-15 times the last four years? Such a fun show

#18 1 year ago

Oysterhead (Les, Trey, and Stewart) at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta a couple weeks ago. Best show of the year for me!

IMG_1205 (resized).jpgIMG_1205 (resized).jpg
IMG_1208 (resized).jpgIMG_1208 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#19 1 year ago

It was a great show! I'm heading to St. Paul to watch it again. About 30 seconds into The Pressman, Les stopped and said he forgot the words to the song. I thought he was kidding.

Got to be in the first audience to ever hear Erin on the Side of Caution live. So that was pretty cool.

They performed A Farewell to Kings and it exceeded my expectations! I've been to quite a few Rush concerts but never had the chance to hear Xanadu or Cygnus X-1 live. So this was definitely a treat to have Primus play both.
PXL_20220601_011903886 (resized).jpgPXL_20220601_011903886 (resized).jpg

#20 1 year ago

Watched them in St. Paul, MN, but this time 10' from the stage! Great show!

Screenshot_20220603-235503 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220603-235503 (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/primus-a-tribute-to-kings-so-who-s-going- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.