Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dantebean
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SofaKing12-4-2012-2.jpg
    sales.jpg
    PPP.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

$300 in LED mods? Definitely something I'd never pay for let alone want to own as I'm sure I'd need to buy sunglasses and play in bright sunlight in my driveway to compensate.

I have done LEDs on all 4 of my pins for around $65 average a pin; tastefully done besides; leaving some incandescents where they really looked better. Goal to bring out the real color in the inserts/combat fading, give pure cool colors (blues/greens) that incandescent couldn't do, and even amounts of PF lighting.

Typically 64 inserts at 28 cents for basic single LED to at most 89 cents each for non-ghosting triple bright SMD's ($18 to $57). Then 12-24 PF and 25-35 back box lamps if needed, @ 68 cents each = $25 to $40; for a grand total of $43 to $97. Add shipping, say $50 to $110 range for a full 'modest' LED'd game. And even with that, you'll be lucky to recoup 50% of that on a resale to most people.

If I saw $300 in LEDs, I'd not even consider purchasing the game because it definitely isn't going to look how I would want it to look.

#52 10 years ago

Just added this guy to the "flipper" column to never buy from.sales.jpgsales.jpg

#53 10 years ago

My $0.02 being a soon to be new owner - asking price rarely seems to reflect "book" price and it's irritating for someone like me who loves pinball, loves electronics but HATES having to haggle. Some folks like it, but it feels dirty to me. I'm not saying the book is the be-all-end-all, but some of the prices are ridiculous even without looking at the book value. Some stuff is so high I can't even haggle if I wanted to. I get wanting to make back your investment, or even make a small profit. So I could see going above book.In fact the price on the pin I'm buying is above book, but not insanely so.

I'm not trying to take sides so much here. Pinside is a forum, so trolls and strong opinions are to be expected. I'm just offering my thoughts.

#54 10 years ago

OP needs to find a new hobby, I don't think this one is working out....

#55 10 years ago

OP should have quit while he was ahead and never started this thread.......if you price things right on CL you only need to POST ONCE.....I normally only have to post once and never had to post any pin more then twice ever. I just let the ad sit out there and if it is priced right it will sell....eventually people find it and most times the first day....however, sometimes it takes longer so there is no reason to post a new CL ad every day. It makes the person look desperate !!! Personally, when I see someone doing that on CL I know that eventually I will probably make a run at the pin when I feel they are frustrated from posting it every day for a week or more. The best deals I have gotten is people that priced way high as it kept the local flippers from even wasting their time trying to talk them down. When they are priced too low they are always gone way before I even get a chance to contact them (I believe some of the local flippers must have APPS on their phones that notify them !!!).

OP you just caused yourself more problems then you had before and should have left well enough alone....

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

OP should have quit while he was ahead and never started this thread.

Yep, you are one to give advice on that aspect.

SofaKing12-4-2012-2.jpgSofaKing12-4-2012-2.jpg

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

SofaKing12-4-2012-2.jpg 68 KB

LMAO, That's great!

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

OP needs to find a new hobby

"Hobby" might not be the most appropriate term in that case...

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

SofaKing12-4-2012-2.jpg 68 KB

Hmmm...I wonder if that was HOP or TFA? My 2 favorite "ignorees"

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Hmmm...I wonder if that was HOP or TFA? My 2 favorite "ignorees"

It was HOP. I saw flanks post and had to unhide to read who it pertained to. Too funny, I have the same 2 on ignore.

#61 10 years ago

I must say, TFA has come around the last few months and really dialed it in. His street credit has risen with me.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I must say, TFA has come around the last few months and really dialed it in. His street credit has risen with me.

Funny thing for me with TFA, I agree with the majority of his pinball community posts. It is his OT posts that I had to ignore. I was getting in trouble answering them! lol

Still love you, though TFA.

HOP, though...I save almost an hour a week not reading his mini novel posts.

#63 10 years ago

looks like the OP took his ball and ran away. That should be a ban worthy offense. Guy is obviously trying to hide stuff and has editted it out.

#64 10 years ago

To summarize what just happened... Waaaaaa, I didn't get the response I wanted! People got mad at me for over pricing my game by $1,100 and expecting me to get $300 out of my $50 worth of leds.... Waaaaa

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

To summarize what just happened... Waaaaaa, I didn't get the response I wanted! People got mad at me for over pricing my game by $1,100 and expecting me to get $300 out of my $50 worth of leds.... Waaaaa

And removes topic and first post so they don't look like a complete tool. Still fetched a -15. If you really wanted to discuss the topic maybe word the original post better and not sound like everyone is wrong and your price is right.

Look at my old thread with poll to show you the light.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-policing-poll

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pricing-police-take-a-rest-a-for-few-minutes/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.