Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rufessor
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1420 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1419 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1418 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1416 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yeah I could NEVER get those prices out of the those titles.
    Meteor, Lightning, Stars, Wild Fyre, Silverball Mania are all $600 if I'm lucky. S+S, Ali, Harlem Globetrotters are only slightly more like $6-$700. Catacomb was like $1000 in nicely shopped out working 100% and all new lamps sockets and even then the guy spent 2-3 hours here debating weather to buy it or not and finally he did for like $850 just to make him go away with it.
    I think for the most part collectors don't pay those huge prices because they figure they can find it else where's cheaper so the real money has to be coming from first time purchasers that know nothing about buying and selling pinball machines and they see a Ali on Ebay that someone is ASKING $4000 for and then they see a local guy trying to sell one for $1500 and they think "that's a steal and if we don't like it we can sell it on Ebay for $4000 because that's what it's really worth".
    John

John is still on planet earth. They're definitely trending up and we just sold a bunch of huo documented Bally's for a ton but if they are not exceptional condition they're not garnering near the dollar amounts.

By exceptional I mean little to no playfield or cabinet wear, no cupped inserts, little to no planking, no backglass issues. Mechanical issues can be there because these are the easiest to fix games ever.

#19 6 years ago

Honestly the best way to price games is to search archived classified ads on pinside for the title you are seeking. Look at the unsold and amount of days. Look at the sold and the prices they sold for of it is unknown then the list price vs. Amount of days listed. We've had about 80-100 games or so rotated/sold out of the parlor this year and that's what we do, sometimes we take a loss sometimes we make some scratch. I really believe price checks are for newbies and games that can't be found in the archives within the last year. And other rarities.

In your case we sold 2 Harlem globetrotters this year 1 for like 700 with alot of wear 1 for 1200 that was descent.

#22 6 years ago

When putting in a CPR field and glass you can usually expect to lose some money on your purchase if you resell and probably all of your labor. Many of us pay more to have CPR fields reworked and it's usually because we love the game, enjoy the restoration journey, want a game nobody else has played.

There's also alot of difference between a CPR field game and a really nice example.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I assume you mean "a really nice [all original] example."

Indeed

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pricing-of-classic-bally-stern-machines?tu=nikpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.