Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hogey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

981F8D2F-6CEF-43D5-826B-97C83E41E0A7 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Picked up a beautiful jukebox today. Included with it was some paperwork. Found this price list from Alpha Amusements (1995/96) in Madison Hts MI. My how things have changed.

981F8D2F-6CEF-43D5-826B-97C83E41E0A7 (resized).jpeg981F8D2F-6CEF-43D5-826B-97C83E41E0A7 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

Batman forever is their most expensive game!

#3 3 years ago

I'd hate to be the person who bought Shaq Attack for $2800 and thought I was getting a good deal.

#4 3 years ago

Baywatch is more than addams family.
    Must be immamacuate with only 600 plays!

#5 3 years ago

Stargate and Freddy are still the same today

#6 3 years ago

... and they were all still overpriced

#7 3 years ago

Yes, those are definitely retail prices from that time period. My guess is that those odd titles are priced higher than usual is because these games were newer titles in 1995/1996 and still had value for operators. No one had the benefit of time to know which title would become a classic and which one would become a dog.

#8 3 years ago

Those are high for that time period. JP was under a grand up until around 2008-2010. I bought a TAF in 2000 for $2200.

#9 3 years ago

I just called Alpha Amusements!! They still had the Funhouse for $1995! Sold!!!

#10 3 years ago

$3000 back then would be $5100 today so it's not like these games were that cheap. Still funny to think there was a time TZ, TAF, and FH were cheaper than a Shaq Attack.

#11 3 years ago

Everything has gone up

Except for wages

#12 3 years ago
    #13 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

$3000 back then would be $5100 today so it's not like these games were that cheap. Still funny to think there was a time TZ, TAF, and FH were cheaper than a Shaq Attack.

TZ was considered a dog by operators back then because it was difficult to keep going, and consequently was VERY cheap. Take a look at old Replays and Playmeter to see what operators were charging each other for games if you want the true picture of what operators were really asking. Very few did retail back then.

Doctor Who was $600 RETAIL all day in the mid-late 90s. Lots of them got parted out because people couldn't keep the mini playfield running.

Also, I saw the thread title and was expecting 1950-1970 for the time frame of "back in the day", not the mid 90s! Wow I feel old.

#14 3 years ago

Hahaha it was back in the day for me...got my first pin in 1999

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pricing-from-back-in-the-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.