(Topic ID: 37134)

Pricing Adjustment on WPC...

By adalogue

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm having some challenges getting a WPC pin set for $0.75 per game and $2 for 4 games. No bill acceptor, just coins. Closest I can get is 4 for $2.25.

Any tricks to doing this?

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from adalogue:

I'm having some challenges getting a WPC pin set for $0.75 per game and $2 for 4 games.

I don't think that's possible. You can get 75 cents per play, 3/$2. Custom pricing, 1 click for each quarter, 3 clicks for a credit, bonus at 8 clicks.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks Phish. Wouldn't that extra 2 clicks after the bonus "roll over" and give 4/$2.25 as well?

I'm trying to find a setting that is "even" and would produce the same accumulation if repeated, i.e.
    6/$4.

Q1 = 1 click ($0.25)
    Q2 = 2 click ($0.50)
    Q3 = 3 clicks ($0.75 - 1 cred)
    Q4 = 4 clicks ($1)
    Q5 = 5 clicks ($1.25)
    Q6 = 6 clicks ($1.50 - 2 cred)
    Q7 = 7 clicks ($1.75)
    Q8 = 8 clicks ($2 - BONUS - 3 cred)
    Q9 = 9 clicks ($2.25 - 4 cred)

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from adalogue:

Thanks Phish. Wouldn't that extra 2 clicks after the bonus "roll over" and give 4/$2.25 as well?

Yeah, now that you mention it, I don't think that works on WPC. Sorry about that. If you crack the code, please let us know. It shouldn't be rocket science, but it sure is a pita doping it out.

#5 11 years ago

Think I figured it out with a coworker.
    1 quarter = 3 clicks
    1 credit = 8 clicks
    This gives 3 credits at $2 evenly, then bonus 1 credit at 8 clicks.
    Should be able to do whatever you want with the right quarter/credit ratio.
    Will try tonight.

#6 11 years ago

It worked! But I see I mistyped it above:
    1 quarter = 3 clicks/units
    1 credit = 8 clicks/units
    1 bonus credit @ 24 clicks/units

3 years later
    #7 7 years ago

Great solution! I was looking for the exact same thing. Surprised you didn't get more (any) love...

5 months later
    #8 7 years ago

Hi, I'm completely lost trying to get the WPC Pricing Adjustments to bend to my will. I took plenty of math in school, just not "arcade math", apparently.

I have a Canadian $1 coin receptor in the left slot, and Cdn $2 coin receptor in the right slot. I'd like to price it so $1 = 1 credit, $2 = 3 credits.

Any advice on where to start?

[EDIT] Would I use .25 as the base coin size (default), and set it for 4 clicks for 1 play, 8 clicks for 3 plays? That won't work because each click is = $1 (or $2 if the right slot).

So changing the base coin size to $1.00 (instead of .25), then 1 click = 1 credit, 2 clicks = 3 credits? That doesn't seem to work, it always seems to register 1/4 credit for each coin dropped.

1 year later
    #9 5 years ago

*bump*

Hi everyone,
    I have a coin door question (I know, exciting). I have a two-slot coin door on my Judge Dredd (WPC DCS). Ive put in an Australian $1 coin mech on the left slot and an Australian 0.20c coin mech on the right slot. I'm trying to set the game for $1 per play, $2 for Supergame.
    Ive tried messing around with Custom pricing and coin door options but I am stumped.
    Any recommendations on how I can do this?
    Everything in pinball is difficult I've gathered, but always satisfying when its solved.
    ps I am using L7 ROM at this time.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from JediPimp:

*bump*
    Hi everyone,
    I have a coin door question (I know, exciting). I have a two-slot coin door on my Judge Dredd (WPC DCS). Ive put in an Australian $1 coin mech on the left slot and an Australian 0.20c coin mech on the right slot. I'm trying to set the game for $1 per play, $2 for Supergame.
    Ive tried messing around with Custom pricing and coin door options but I am stumped.
    Any recommendations on how I can do this?
    Everything in pinball is difficult I've gathered, but always satisfying when its solved.
    ps I am using L7 ROM at this time.

My issue in the previous post was caused by using L7 roms when what I needed was LX7 which support custom pricing.

Might be the same for you.

5 years later
    #11 5 months ago

This post has been helpful but when trying to set the credit clicks on my TZ, I'm going to A3 in the Adjustments menu. Going to 01 there is no choice for "Custom" so the other choices aren't unlocked/made available. What's up with that? I'm trying to set the game to .75 a game, 3 for $2. Any help is appreciated.

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from Todd_Robinett:

This post has been helpful but when trying to set the credit clicks on my TZ, I'm going to A3 in the Adjustments menu. Going to 01 there is no choice for "Custom" so the other choices aren't unlocked/made available. What's up with that? I'm trying to set the game to .75 a game, 3 for $2. Any help is appreciated.

What game ROM version to you have installed? There have been code releases that are freeplay-only home ROMs. If you have a home ROM installed, the coin play features will not be available.

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What game ROM version to you have installed? There have been code releases that are freeplay-only home ROMs. If you have a home ROM installed, the coin play features will not be available.

Not sure which ROM. I will check. This game does have several options for the coin door. 2 plays for a dollar, etc.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pricing-adjustment-on-wpc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.