• Latest reply 9 years ago by usandthem
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

105429_alt2.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I can't believe I'm contemplating it, but my wife won't stop raving about this thing, and nothing else looks very enticing right now.

So I'm requesting advice from the omniscient pinside! What does a WOZ go for these days, and what's the staying power like?

#2 9 years ago

I have seen HUO as low as $6500 and nib as high as 10k. Quite a range.

#3 9 years ago

Ouch. I guess I'm looking at the used market then!

How much were the standards NIB shipped?

#4 9 years ago

Add your location.

#5 9 years ago
#6 9 years ago

Sorry, St. Louis area.

So there isn't a "sticker price" or MSRP for the WOZ like Sterns? You actually pay the full $8k plus shipping?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Sorry, St. Louis area.
So there isn't a "sticker price" or MSRP for the WOZ like Sterns? You actually pay the full $8k plus shipping?

No.. call a distrib.

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/our-distributors/

#8 9 years ago

Alright.. Is this one of those "can't post it online" pricing rules? And is one distro unanimously better/cheaper/easier to deal with than another?

#9 9 years ago

Alright.. Is this one of those "can't post it online" pricing rules? And is one distro unanimously better/cheaper/easier to deal with than another?

normally, a dist will have prices that are less than MSRP.

if you are looking for a routed WOZ standard, you are looking at the 6k range, maybe less depending on condition

#10 9 years ago

I think an ECLE can be had for $7-$7.5k if you look hard enough. $6.5k would be a stretch, but if someone wants to get out of one, they might do it.

There are at least 1500 of them out there in the world and more being made every day.

#11 9 years ago

Have you played it much? I only ask because this is one title that has a big love / hate dichotomy. I personally do not care for it at all and I keep giving it a chance.

#12 9 years ago

Not as many for sale lately. I wonder why?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Not as many for sale lately. I wonder why?

Because it's awesome. Astropin, did you play it in a home environment and stack multiballs? A huge rush... But I get that it's not for everybody.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Have you played it much? I only ask because this is one title that has a big love / hate dichotomy. I personally do not care for it at all and I keep giving it a chance.

I personally think it is an excellent game and is a family/neighborhood favorite. The 3.0 rules really brought the game home IMHO.

With versions of the game still being produced, I can't see the price going up anytime soon. Simple supply and demand.

#15 9 years ago

I'd suggest the used market. I sold my routed one for 6200 a couple months ago. I probably could have got 63-64 if I was patient, but I wanted to sell it quick and that was the price I was happy with.

For the price difference, I think used is the way to go.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Because it's awesome. Astropin, did you play it in a home environment and stack multiballs? A huge rush... But I get that it's not for everybody.

Yep...home environment several different times. I just don't care for it. The style of play reminds me a lot of TZ and I really don't care for TZ either. Although if forced to choose I'd take a TZ first.

#17 9 years ago

woz is fun. I received it a month after my IMVE and I have more plays on the woz if that says anything. Stacking multi balls with witch crystal ball modes with munchkin modes is the chiznit.

#18 9 years ago

I'd buy used with 7.5v boards for under 7k if I were you.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I personally think it is an excellent game and is a family/neighborhood favorite. The 3.0 rules really brought the game home IMHO.
With versions of the game still being produced, I can't see the price going up anytime soon. Simple supply and demand.

Upgrading the latest code 4.1? Really finishes up the game nicely.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yep...home environment several different times. I just don't care for it. The style of play reminds me a lot of TZ and I really don't care for TZ either. Although if forced to choose I'd take a TZ first.

My wife's favorite machine is TZ. Actually, I wouldn't even say that she likes pinball, just that she likes TZ. It's the only machine she plays. The other morning she was taking a vitamin and the little plastic desiccant fell out into her hand instead of a vitamin, and she just looked up at me and said, "POWERBALL!"

Maybe that's why she's so infatuated with WOZ?

#21 9 years ago

I'm very pleased with mine. The wooden apron and light show are first class. It's challenging (try to do the munchkin loop during multiball). And players have something to watch while waiting their turn.
'Nice value if you can pick one up in the $6500 to $7500 range.

#22 9 years ago

Mine was a very low play HUO standard with a shaker and standard glass, and I got it for $6k.

I would also start with TZ when comparing it to other games. TZ was my first game, I've owned it for something like 14 years. For about 10 years, it was my only game. It's safe to say that I love TZ. I still think if it came down to a choice between the two, I'd keep the WOZ.

#23 9 years ago

I can't believe I'm contemplating it, but my wife won't stop raving about this thing, and nothing else looks very enticing right now.
So I'm requesting advice from the omniscient pinside! What does a WOZ go for these days, and what's the staying power like?

Pinballsales.com is showing various versions of this pin as being available:

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/home.asp

I'd definitely call to make sure.

Sounds like your wife is a very informed lady with discriminating taste (as in when she decided to marry you). You simply can't disappoint her, just get her a NIB WOZ for Christmas

WOZ is a family friendly masterpiece pinball in all aspects.

Keep in mind, also, that the owner of the company that makes this pin is someone who is committed to building his pins from the ground up, not imposed from the top down, always paying attention to his customers' input prior, and to their service needs later. He's not everything to everyone, but he always listens to his customers and addresses their concerns in a fair and open-minded fashion. Heck, he answers their calls personally most of the time.

Buy this pin and you couldn't go wrong. It'll be 11K soon if not by Christmas.

#24 9 years ago

There are a ton of variables on price with these.
Standard - Does it have decals or the original clearcoated artwork (orignal should be worth more IMO) , Original or updated led boards, Invisiglass?, Shaker? Cliffys? . I paid 6800 for mine and it was perfect but did not have a shaker. I think around 65-6600 is right now for the one I paid, but since its never leaving that doesnt really matter

#25 9 years ago

It appears that the for sales on these in the used market on pinside seems to have slowed down quite a bit.
From reading between the lines, it also appears that the NIB prices may not be so firm anymore.

So what does that mean for you as a potential buyer?

#26 9 years ago

I think you should be able to get an ECLE or original clear-coated cabinet Standard for around 7k. Someone is going to need the money for the holidays. You might need to pay shipping however.

After the holidays, and into the spring I can see them coming down further as new ones flood the market.

Teekee should chime in here, he really does know the market.

#27 9 years ago

I have had my (NIB) Standard WOZ for 11 months now. I got it just before they raised the price to 8K. Would I buy it again? I don't know, maybe. It is a fun game but I like my ACDC a little better. I guess I have been pretty lucky concerning issues. I have had three or four problems come up but they turned out to be fairly easy fixes. I gather from reading pinside that quite a few owners have problems (some small, some big). My theory is that there is just so much more to go wrong. It's like playing a pinball and a half. But I will say, for anyone trying to make a decision to buy one, that if any problems arise you will receive extremely good and fast support from Lloyd, Alex and other knowledge owners on pinside. Even sending issues to JJP (work #) seems to be better. I actually got a response the next day (thanks Frank).

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I think you should be able to get an ECLE or original clear-coated cabinet Standard for around 7k. Someone is going to need the money for the holidays. You might need to pay shipping however.
After the holidays, and into the spring I can see them coming down further as new ones flood the market.
Teekee should chime in here, he really does know the market.

Sounds right to me... its really all about patience. If you are willing to be patient no problem getting one for $7000 give or take.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Mine was a very low play HUO standard with a shaker and standard glass, and I got it for $6k.
I would also start with TZ when comparing it to other games. TZ was my first game, I've owned it for something like 14 years. For about 10 years, it was my only game. It's safe to say that I love TZ. I still think if it came down to a choice between the two, I'd keep the WOZ.

I assume that holds true as long as you do not suffer from chronic WOZ glass explosions.

#30 9 years ago

My GF liked the look and lights of the game. I've been thinking of picking one up as well...but even used you are looking at $6500 ish.... Although finding them actually for sale is another issue

#31 9 years ago

I got my standard, and I love it. Once you get past the initial learning curve of the rules, there's always something to shoot at.

That said, you're going to see some confusion in the marketplace for it for a while. The ECLE would have been the better pickup for me, since it's a lot more beautiful to look at, but some of the earlier manufacturing issues scared me away from it. I settled into my 18 month wait knowing that the standards were going to have all the issues worked out. If you have the cash, you should get a late production ECLE or a standard.

3 weeks later
#32 9 years ago

Frontgate.com has them at $6700. With free shipping through tomorrow
Must use this code XXW4930. I'm thinking about it!

#33 9 years ago

Seems like a pretty good deal for NIB. Are you sure it has free shipping or do you need to call due to freight type shipping?

FWIW I have the game since Feb or so and it is not going anywhere soon from my house. My daughter plays it daily when she is home from college. Still a lot to shoot for and as mentioned trying to stack modes for bigger points is addictive. But it can be a tough game. Many sub 40,000 point games for me. Last night 4 quick drains 30K after 4 balls and 350,000 after the 5th ball. 3 modes started at once. Had the witch lit for her mini wizard mode (really cool) but drained.

#34 9 years ago

I typed in my zipcode and it said $0.00 for shipping??

#35 9 years ago

Thankfully I talked to the misses before pulling the trigger. Talk about a total 180.

She surprisingly changed her mind about WOZ being her favorite. Walking Dead and Medieval Madness are her new favorites. She finally played both in a setting where she could hear the voices and loved them.

I asked her why the change of heart on WOZ and she said, "I feel like I can never get good at that game. Like when it says to shoot the Rainbow targets, you can only hit like 3 or 4 of them!"

The struggle is real folks! Rainbow targets are tough.

#36 9 years ago

Thankfully I talked to the misses before pulling the trigger. Talk about a total 180.
She surprisingly changed her mind about WOZ being her favorite. Walking Dead and Medieval Madness are her new favorites. She finally played both in a setting where she could hear the voices and loved them.
I asked her why the change of heart on WOZ and she said, "I feel like I can never get good at that game. Like when it says to shoot the Rainbow targets, you can only hit like 3 or 4 of them!"
The struggle is real folks! Rainbow targets are tough.

With all due respect, the missus is wrong. Shots like the rainbow targets take a little practice (I'm still trying to hit the crystal ball with consistency!), and that's only one of the things that keeps you coming back for more. Who wants a game that you can hit everything easily right up front? Gets old quick.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Noface:

The code may be unique to each visitor. That one didn't work, but I had a Friends and Family code displayed when I went to the page. $0 shipping too ...

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

With all due respect, the missus is wrong. Shots like the rainbow targets take a little practice (I'm still trying to hit the crystal ball with consistency!), and that's only one of the things that keeps you coming back for more. Who wants a game that you can hit everything easily right up front? Gets old quick.

She might have no desire to actually be good at it, like most people out there. WoZ's biggest flaw IMO is there is no "gimme" something to do for most people. Its all hidden behind this whirlwind of flashing lights and mostly unhelpful callouts.

It is very visually appealing, but a person probably doesn't know what they are doing AT ALL the first 10-20 plays without a lot of help from others. And if you don't know what you are doing, you're not getting a lot done... and probably not having much fun aside from "look at the blinky lights".

#39 9 years ago

Ok, so $6700 new is tempting - can anyone think why not to buy from Frontgate?

It's not an LE, but I'm probably OK with that.

#40 9 years ago

I looked at Frontgate.com. One of their pictures shows a flowery apron above the rainbow targets, covering the edge of the munchkinland playfield. I've never seen that before, is that a prototype picture or maybe a mod??

105429_alt2.jpg105429_alt2.jpg
#41 9 years ago

Ive been looking for one the last couple of weeks and the best NIB price I've seen is $7,250 shipped, $6700 seems like an excellent deal as long as you are not charged sales tax (the shipping cart shows no tax & no freight chg). Anyone else found a better deal than this?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

She might have no desire to actually be good at it, like most people out there. WoZ's biggest flaw IMO is there is no "gimme" something to do for most people. Its all hidden behind this Whirlwind of flashing lights and mostly unhelpful callouts.
It is very visually appealing, but a person probably doesn't know what they are doing AT ALL the first 10-20 plays without a lot of help from others. And if you don't know what you are doing, you're not getting a lot done... and probably not having much fun aside from "look at the blinky lights".

Good point. But once you know what to do...

Quoted from louvnj:

I looked at Frontgate.com. One of their pictures shows a flowery apron above the rainbow targets, covering the edge of the munchkinland playfield. I've never seen that before, is that a prototype picture or maybe a mod??

Um...what the hell is THAT???

#43 9 years ago

WOZ is an excellent game, especially with the latest code 4.1. I think the call outs now really help you know what to shoot for much better than the early codes. Around 3.0 and later codes made the game easier to understand the rules, what to shoot for, and changed how the lights and call outs help as well.
MM is fantastic and not too hard to learn the basic rules although not at all easy to beat. However, if your wife understands and can play TZ well which is a difficult game, I believe she can learn WOZ well. You could always put it on the easiest settings, move the posts and even up it to a 4-5 ball game until she gets good at it.
I think WOZ and MM (own both) are both excellent but give a slight nod to WOZ as it's deeper, I like the LCD screen, and the whole audio/visual experience of it better. I haven't played TWD. I respect many seem to like it. Hard yet to tell though if it will have long term staying power until it's been out longer and gets the later codes.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

105429_alt2.jpg 43 KB

That's interesting and I've never heard or seen that before either.

#45 9 years ago

Eh I prefer Walking Dead to WOZ myself as well.

The things that bug me about WOZ are geometry/layout, theme and rules. This is a hobby of personal preference, and I respect my wife's.

Her biggest lament was that she feels she can't really progress any further, and I understand that. There are few controlled shots.

Anyway, she loves the Star Trek Pro I picked up recently, that's the only thing that's taken her attention away from TZ. So I'll just wait for an IM or Walking Dead or MM, or something else new! Who knows, maybe The Hobbit will draw her in!

#46 9 years ago

Eh I prefer Walking Dead to WOZ myself as well.
The things that bug me about WOZ are geometry/layout, theme and rules. This is a hobby of personal preference, and I respect my wife's.
Her biggest lament was that she feels she can't really progress any further, and I understand that. There are few controlled shots.
Anyway, she loves the Star Trek Pro I picked up recently, that's the only thing that's taken her attention away from TZ. So I'll just wait for an IM or Walking Dead or MM, or something else new! Who knows, maybe The Hobbit will draw her in!

Each to their own, I guess... There are a ton of controlled shots in WOZ..but most are difficult/feel odd because their angles, etc are way different than the standard Stern fan layout we've seen in recent years where all the ramps and orbits are relatively easy to hit. I would agree about the rainbow targets, although through practice, I've gotten really good at hitting them from the flippers.

I've had WOZ for a few months now. It is awesome and a real breath of fresh air.

#47 9 years ago

Are emerald city LE woz games really more expensive than 75th ruby reds now?

#48 9 years ago

I just like the way Sterns play/feel. They've got a formula, and it's working. WOZ is fun, but for $2k less I can get something we are both happy with!

I agree the layout and shots are different though.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

105429_alt2.jpg 43 KB

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good point. But once you know what to do...
Um...what the hell is THAT???

Quoted from WesleyCowan:

That's interesting and I've never heard or seen that before either.

That flowery rainbow plastic was shown very early on, Feb 2012, and summarily mocked out of existence shortly thereafter and replaced. There was some talk about a white picket fence or a black covering for the front area, but it was ultimately left as bare wood - the perfect place for a nice Cliffy protector.

I got my ECWOZLE in Feb 2014 and still is my favorite game to play. Only a few minor problems early on and it plays great. I particularly like that you can change the coil settings and adjust things to your liking to play faster/harder or slower/easier. It takes some time to get the hang of things and start building higher scores and stacking modes, but man when you do it's just awesome. I'm very pleased with it.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Noface:

I think I'd be very leery ordering from them when they have "new" TOM's and CFTBL's for sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pricestaying-power-check-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.