Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jayhawkai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

What the hell is going on with wh20? This game, percentage wise, seems to be climbing faster in the last 6 months than any other game has ever done in history.

I want one, but will likely not buy one if I have to pay anywhere near the absurd prices that there are now. Not to bash anyone’s FS threads, as I know there are a few, and this is not in regards to anything on this forum, but the latest trend EVERYWHERE is for $3k versions, unshopped, broken ramps, nicks and scratches, wear on PF…. Holy shite!

I like to replace all ramps on machines that have them available, but on this game, the cost has to be indicative of this, and in the end, I’m not going to have $4k into what I consider to be a $2,200-$2,400 game.

I am a total advocate of demand setting the prices, and if people keep paying, this is what it is worth, but wow…

#2 12 years ago

I still think it is because of bigfoot. The dude is cooler than if James Dean and Marline Monroe had a baby.

#3 12 years ago

It's a fun game but i don't know if it's $3K good. Bigfoot is rad, though.

#4 12 years ago

The game is really great. People are catching on to the "bang for yer buck". Everybody wants the game because it's less expensive and plays great there isn't enough games to go around and people figure if they'll pay 2K maybe they will pay 3K........and so on.

#5 12 years ago

If you want a good-great playing wh20, you will pay at least 2k for it. If you want to make sure it playes great you will buy a new set of ramps cause they are almost always trashed.

A set will run you 600. Add in a couple hundred for other misc. repairs/improvements and you are easily at 3k. Then factor in that you will not find a repro topper for this game and its not a cheap pin to restore by any means.

The price of the repro ramps alone makes this a minimum of 2k machine. I picked one up for cheap. And I mean cheap. I am well over 2.5K into it already.

I think if the price of ramps were less, it would go down accordingly, a little...

#6 12 years ago

the game is damn fun probably has alot of to with it, glad i snagged mine last weekend!

i did buy new ramps at the expo for $570 if i decide to make it a perfect looking playfield machine.
this is one machine i dont think i could see myself selling though

#7 12 years ago

Grats Dav, I LOVE mine, what a fantastic game!! Good grab for sure!!

If your old ramps are not totally destroyed let me know, I still need two for mine and would be happy to offset your ramp costs

#8 12 years ago

WH20 for a very long time was a $1,500 game. I think the repo boulders, ramps and play fields have drastically affected the price of this title.

As these repo parts are bought and gradually installed, it goes without saying that more and more games are worth a good chunk of change more do to condition. As the average selling price goes up, I think it's had an effect on unrestored games as well.

#9 12 years ago

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Most of the "trashed" ramps I've seen on WH20 have cracks in places that don't effect game play at all. My WH20 like most has pretty rough ramps, but they are cracked in the front where it doesn't affect play.

On the other hand, one issue that I've seen on lots of WH20s has been insert wear and lifting/sinking inserts. Once the inserts start lifting the ball rips them to shreds. IMO this is the first thing I'd look for because not only does it look bad but it affects gameplay as well.

Quoted from Rick471:

If you want a good-great playing wh20, you will pay at least 2k for it. If you want to make sure it playes great you will buy a new set of ramps cause they are almost always trashed.

#10 12 years ago

I suppose since it's the most expensive game to restore (approximately $2500 in parts alone; not counting any labor for decals; do your own swap) it's finally just catching up to all the other pricing craziness (after being "undervalued" as recently as January).

But you're right: that's a big jump--quickly.

#11 12 years ago

where can one buy a mini playfield for it?

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

where can one buy a mini playfield for it?

High Class Pins made another run and sells both the main & the mini as a set; don't know if he separates them or not:

http://www.highclasspinballs.com/index.php?language=en

#13 12 years ago

Yea the rising price and high cost parts for this one has made me decide to go in a different direction for my next pin(s). I sure enjoy how WH20 plays though...

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

High Class Pins made another run and sells both the main & the mini as a set; don't know if he separates them or not:

daaamn looks like $1075 us for a playfield and the mini field

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

NM said:

Mirko quoted me $780 w/shipping. Send him en email, he responds pretty quickly.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

Back in February, he told me to send to him via PayPal either $689 for the regular version or $739 for the ceramic.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Back in February, he told me to send to him via PayPal either $689 for the regular version or $739 for the ceramic.

for both playfields? that is quite a bit better then 1075 after i did a euro conversion

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

for both playfields? that is quite a bit better then 1075 after i did a euro conversion

Indeed; that was for a set shipped in February.

Please let us know if the price has changed.

#19 12 years ago

Check RGP for thoughts on ceramic vs regular. Quite a few people prefer the regular.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prices-of-wh20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.