(Topic ID: 75171)

Prices & Demand Falling? 2013 seems like "price drop" has become the norm?

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bcgameguide
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Prices trending down & why?”

• I see no real change in prices 42 votes
      13%
    • Prices are down because there are less people coming into the hobby these days 4 votes
      1%
    • Prices are down because of all the great new machines coming out. 127 votes
      40%
    • Prices are just coming down to a more realistic range for used arcade equipment and were crazy before. 94 votes
      30%
    • OTHER 12 votes
      4%
    • I disagree and actually think prices are still trending upward. 39 votes
      12%

(318 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pins.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 5 years ago

Maybe for the A-list/expensive games the prices are dropping...I sure don't see it on the older solid states. If they come up for sale at all - which seems less and less, and the prices are very high when they do.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

there will never be an inventory of project games like there used to be. Most games going up for sale are from hobbyists now, not from homeowners who never knew the glass could come off.

I'm in agreement with what Rarehero says here. Parents are not dumping machines as often "because the kids don't play this anymore" and everyone either knows about selling online or knows someone who does. Popular TV junk collecting programming, such as "American Pickers" or "Pawn Stars" means more folks know about trying to get more for their unwanted items - especially if they are old. Being an old item doesn't automatically make it valuable, but still puts it in peoples minds to try to negotiate more for their stuff.

I think all this has much effect on the lower end market. Maybe not so much on EMs (as too-many-pins said that market appears flat as has been for a time) Solid states in the eighties and nineties are drying up over time and mostly because the are absorbed by collectors, or bought by flippers and eventually migrate into collector possession. Games are made nice or at least maintained and the prices as they change hands generally increases. I don't see this reversing now, and I don't speculate it will improve. I can't imagine droves of collectors dumping these games at deal prices that will push the market down, just because of some new games released.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from bmunn1:

Another thought is when older pin collectors downsize there homes thus room for pins reduces means more older pins on the market.

I don't see this impacting the price much. If a collector folds right now, let's say for example someone here on Pinside. There are a huge number of folks to fight for his pins. He could be a generous soul and give them all away cheap - first come first serve, or a little high priced, or something in between. I think it would take a lot of collectors to fold simultaneously to affect the average prices.

Besides, some older pin collectors never downsize. They just build bigger houses, new storage facilites, buy a barn and put a gameroom in it or whatever, sometimes just to store games - not even to play them.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

A lot of new people came into the hobby due to the pinball app

To me this is like saying a whole bunch of folks bought real guns because of shooting games. Anyway, that's my speculation/guess - I don't think there is enough evidence to support any increase in pinball sales because of some Ipad apps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 25.50
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside