(Topic ID: 75171)

Prices & Demand Falling? 2013 seems like "price drop" has become the norm?

By too-many-pins

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by marcand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Prices trending down & why?”

• I see no real change in prices 42 votes
      13%
    • Prices are down because there are less people coming into the hobby these days 4 votes
      1%
    • Prices are down because of all the great new machines coming out. 127 votes
      40%
    • Prices are just coming down to a more realistic range for used arcade equipment and were crazy before. 94 votes
      30%
    • OTHER 12 votes
      4%
    • I disagree and actually think prices are still trending upward. 39 votes
      12%

(318 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pins.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

NIBs are eating the used market's lunch.
    The days of making money off something you owned for 6 months are over. I'm fine with that. I just sold my $4000 drum set (bought new) for $1500. That's the way things go.

Exactly.

What it does mean is that people will keep games longer, rather than quick flipping. I don't mind taking losses but only if I have owned the game a good while. Churn rate will decrease all over I reckon.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

To me there are actually 4 different pinball markets:
    First is run of the mill EM's or common early SS Machines - that market seems flat and has been since we have been in the hobby. For several years now those machines have been in the $200 to $500 price range.
    Second is the better EM's & early SS machines - that market has been all over the place with some neat EM's and great early SS machine dropping in value and some climbing. (FLAVOR of the month titles)
    Third is the machines we tend to love - System 11 machines, Data East Machines & cheaper DMD titles. That market seemed like it kept climbing over the past 4 or 5 years at about 5% to 20% per year depending on title. That is one of the markets that has seemed to have dropped off some the past few months.
    And lastly is the higher end DMD machines as well as the new Sterns & JJ's WOZ. "The money people". That market seemed pretty stable and climbing up till there were too many new machines coming out and really got hit hard when the MM remake was announced.
    Since we are most interested in the second and third market that is the one I pay most attention to and that seems to be taking a hit over the past couple months.
    But regardless which market we talk about it seems like prices & demand has dropped off some since Sept or Oct and 90% of the machines I have seen for sale just are not selling quickly like they had been over the past couple years. There are exceptions - but for the most part prices seem down and sales of machines seems to have slowed lately.
    Again thanks for all the votes on the poll and comments. I am trying to look ahead to 2014 and decide what direction I want to go with our collection. Which reminds me HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And with all categories, perfect examples can set their own price - well, priced quite a bit above the norm. Find a great title still in a box and boom! Never seen a Gottlieb 1960's or 1970's EM NIB for sale - curious how that would do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prices-demand-falling-2013-seems-like-price-drop-has-become-the-norm?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.