(Topic ID: 194912)

Price vs Value Aerosmith Pro vs Dialed In SE vs Total Nuclear Ann...

By Nevus

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which of these do you consider best bang for the buck?”

• Aerosmith Pro 26 votes
    33%
  • Dialed In Standard Edition 26 votes
    33%
  • Total Nuclear Annihilation 19 votes
    24%
  • NUTS! 7 votes
    9%

(78 votes)

#1 6 years ago

This poll is based the current top three spots in my wishlist. Although quite different, I see each of these as feature packed for the price point. All three games can be in you game room in calendar 2017. In my alternate reality where I have no kids or financial responsibility, all three would be In my game room asap. I've learned over many years that buying toys one at a time causes me to appreciate them much more, even if I have the money. I also really appreciate value, even at the the luxury toy level.

Aerosmith Pro has fantastic art, good song integration and has the street price of around $5000 plus shipping. It's missing the upper PF of its more expensive siblings, but stands alone very nicely by itself. It doesn't have the feel of a game that something cool was taken out of to de tease the price.

Dialed In standard is the most expensive of the three at $8000, but has the most in the game. It reminds me of a classic B/W with the stainless trim, a look that I really like.

Total Nuclear Annilihation is the mid range price at $6000 with the most simple PF. That understates the game considerably. Art, light and sound take it to another level completely. A level called awesomesauce!

Some may disagree, but I feel like these are the models that each company tries their best to get out the door with profit, but not really push it. As customers, we win at this price level by getting the most game for our money.

What would you choose?

#2 6 years ago

Bang for your buck alone, I think Aerosmith is the winner. That isn't necessarily the one that I would want, but your question was about overall value.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Bang for your buck alone, I think Aerosmith is the winner. That isn't necessarily the one that I would want, but your question was about overall value.

I was thinking about this same question. It's AS Pro I believe.

Nothing against the others, but this is the most solid value for the home collection.

#4 6 years ago

AS really doesn't have any of the features that the other 2 pins have, nor does it have the depth of gameplay that the other 2 have, so based on fun factor to dollars, I think you'll be getting more game with the other 2 than with AS. Plus let's not bring up Stern QC....

#5 6 years ago

Can't put a value on fun... so play them all and judge for yourself . I think di offers the best overall experience with nice code, lots toys and magnets, nice light show and it shoors very well. Im gonna order tna bc its way different than anything in my collection . AS is nothing special and i have a met which is much better imo.

#6 6 years ago

The price you pay might differ, but the space each machine takes up is the same. So it's more like bang versus (price + space). There are some lesser pins I would buy for $1 since they would just take up valuable space that I could put to better use.
That said, DI is great. That is actually my choice facing the same dilemma. I played AS pro. Great game for the money. Best Stern title since Metallica. Simple, but fun to play. I just liked DI a little bit better. Maybe not $3000 better, but then there is the space factor mentioned above.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

AS is nothing special and i have a met which is much better imo.

AS is very special - it's one of Stern's best IMO.

#8 6 years ago

First Aerosmith
Second dialed in
Third total nuclear annihilation.

#9 6 years ago

personally i would say Dialed In or Total Nuclear Annihilation since i am a distributor for both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-vs-value-aerosmith-pro-vs-dialed-in-se-vs-total-nuclear-ann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.