(Topic ID: 92724)

.??? Price trend on STprem and STLE?? Going down or up?

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mnpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-844.jpg
image-941.jpg
image-49.jpg
Unknown-632.jpeg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

Are we talking some sort of wtb post? An offer like $6250 isn't going to entice anyone not planning to sell his game to cash out. It seems like lots of want to buy types are extra cheap. It does hurt to offer too little. If someone annoys me with those types of lowball offers then I won't deal with them period.

Typically someone posting in a wtb scenario should expect to pay slightly more because he has to entice a seller that was not planning to sell to now sell. An extra cheapskate offer won't do this and just annoys.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

OK, extremely high 6's and extremely low 7's. Two sold local for 6.9 & 7.0. Brian's will be there too obviously. There's another one on Pinside now for 7.2 and that's the asking price. Another for 7.3 asking. It's already started Aurich... there just isn't enough demand to continue supporting these LE's in the high 7's and that's for a METLE.

Oh sure, no argument. But your 6's are right up below 7, and that's what I'd expect. I don't imagine we'll see a $6250 METLE any time soon. I'd buy it!

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am really looking forward to see what comes also!

Tron was a sight unseen purchase for me. So was Wms IJ. TWD is definately a no wait, must have shut up and take my money purchase. No rational thinking for me, thank you. :p

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Tron was a sight unseen purchase for me. So was Wms IJ. TWD is definately a no wait, must have shut up and take my money purchase. No rational thinking for me, thank you. :p

I don't have the bank roll for anything NIBLE at the moment but hope to have the cash to think like that for Lawlor's next game

I am a big fan of play and then pay, but I get pumped just thinking about the possibilities of a non-liscenced JJP Lawlor design. Only thing that could make it better was if Youssi and Demar were involved and Lyman consulted on code

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm afraid that's me too Rick, don't know wtf I'm going to do with all these pins! Gonna have to thin the herd at some point but don't have a clue what to unload?

#106 9 years ago

$6250 is probably a bit low right now, but bump this thread in a month or two when TWDLE pre-orders come out and MMR is close to shipping and it will likely be a very reasonable offer! STLE is still the newest pin on the block (MustangLE excepted) which is keeping values high for the time being.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

$6250 is probably a bit low right now, but bump this thread in a month or two when TWDLE pre-orders come out and MMR is close to shipping and it will likely be a very reasonable offer! STLE is still the newest pin on the block (MustangLE excepted) which is keeping values high for the time being.

good point.

When is MMR payment due? soon?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm afraid that's me too Rick, don't know wtf I'm going to do with all these pins! Gonna have to thin the herd at some point but don't have a clue what to unload?

Put them all up for sale and let the market decide.
People complain about Cali prices but all of my games sold for asking price with the bulk of them being shipped east.
Almost zero local interest unless I wanted to give them away.

#109 9 years ago

MMR payment won't be due until the machines are ready to be shipped. This isn't jjp we are talking about.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

MMR payment won't be due until the machines are ready to be shipped. This isn't jjp we are talking about.

Yes, but the machines are likely shipping soon, this isn't JJP we're talking about

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Put them all up for sale and let the market decide.
People complain about Cali prices but all of my games sold for asking price with the bulk of them being shipped east.
Almost zero local interest unless I wanted to give them away.

I saw that, you had great prices, congrats!

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Option B Ice. Household expansion. Why sell any when you can have them ALL!

WAAAHAHAHA!image-844.jpgimage-844.jpg

#113 9 years ago

The only way the STLE "norm price" will be $6250 is if the Premiums start selling all day long for ~$5500. With the 3 tier model the prices are relative to one another. Why would anyone be motivated to sell their LE for the Premium's current price? Just doesn't make sense. Sure, they're the same game - but the rail/speaker/backbox special lighting FX are F'ing cool and you can't mod a Premium to do it...also, the LE came with the shaker built in...that costs extra for a Premium. So - the LE will always be more valuable than the Premium unless the buyer lucks out with a desperate/non-caring seller.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only way the STLE "norm price" will be $6250 is if the Premiums start selling all day long for ~$5500. With the 3 tier model the prices are relative to one another. Why would anyone be motivated to sell their LE for the Premium's current price? Just doesn't make sense. Sure, they're the same game - but the rail/speaker/backbox special lighting FX are F'ing cool and you can't mod a Premium to do it...also, the LE came with the shaker built in...that costs extra for a Premium. So - the LE will always be more valuable than the Premium unless the buyer lucks out with a desperate/non-caring seller.

Well, a couple here have sold at close to or at fire sale prices, but the circumstances were unusual; not your average situations. I guess the buyers are licking their chops hoping for price decreases. I would be.

But I actually haven't seen many for sale despite how many LE's were made.

#115 9 years ago

799 maybe?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, I've only bought NIB pins twice without playing first: XMLE and STLE. Every other NIB pin I have bought I played first to make sure that I liked it (AC/DC and MET).
The two NIBs that I bought without playing first haven't worked out that good for me. I've learned my lesson.
In the past I have said that if Stern releases a zombie pin, that would be one that would make me buy sight unseen. I am pretty sure that TWD will be Stern's next pin. I will *not* be buying it until I get the chance to play it.

Agree totally. The only pin I ever bought before playing was WOZ--really good deal on pre-order, solid line-up of designers, liked the philosophy, and it's my kind of game. I'm also playing before I buy going forward--will take a close look at the Hobbit when it comes out. Of course, I could be tempted to pre-order for a Pink Floyd or Beavis&Butthead pin, if the there's an LE that offers more than just extra lights. But I doubt we'll see either title. (I even think we may have some similar tastes; ACDC and MET >> ST/XM imo too.)

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't have the bank roll for anything NIBLE at the moment but hope to have the cash to think like that for Lawlor's next game
I am a big fan of play and then pay, but I get pumped just thinking about the possibilities of a non-liscenced JJP Lawlor design. Only thing that could make it better was if Youssi and Demar were involved and Lyman consulted on code

Youssi signed an exclusive deal with JJP for the next few games

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-trend-on-stprem-and-stle-going-down-or-up/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.