(Topic ID: 92724)

.??? Price trend on STprem and STLE?? Going down or up?

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mnpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-844.jpg
image-941.jpg
image-49.jpg
Unknown-632.jpeg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

The STLE @ Pagg sold for $6100...

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

The STLE @ Pagg sold for $6100...

Yep and it was routed and the guy needed cash ASAP. Let's not pretend that is the norm.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yep and it was routed and the guy needed cash ASAP. Let's not pretend that is the norm.

Everyone selling needs money...duh. How routed is routed?

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Why not? When a pin sells for more than what it's worth everyone who sells the same pin after that expects it to be the new norm.

Good for the folks who like it, but IMO it's not one of Stern's best efforts.

#55 9 years ago

I think 6250 as a starting offer is just fine. I told my buddy 6500 will get him some action, but like i said he is in no hurry. If someone is comfortable with the reality of under 7, then let me know and I can give you his info to talk it out.

I am sure you guys can settle somewhere in the middle.

Even if you overpaid at 7800 on this title then i personally think losing 1k for opening a box should be the norm and not too bad.

I started this thread to look for some data and see where people think it is going, it is hard to take anyone serious when they come in guns blazing and priced high while they own the game, when we also have someone like gambit giving the most valuable data since he had the gut check of trying to sell and seeing the response. Thanks again gambit for telling it straight.

#56 9 years ago

I think far more buyers of the LE paid near $7800 than you seem to think.

I'm sure at some point your friend will find an LE at $6250. But I doubt it will be HUO or in 2014. Under $7k now? Sure. But not 10% under.

Hard to take anyone seriously in this thread? If you only want data from people who have tried to sell their game, maybe the lack of such responses tells you something.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think far more buyers of the LE paid near $7800 than you seem to think.

So if some bought in at 7200 then that tells me that quite a few distributors were making a good chunk of change off those that bought at 7800.

What is my buddy supposed to do, offer 7k and then try to talk someone down after they contact him, hahaha.
I think 6250 says he is serious enough to talk. Maybe when Stern comes out with the next title, some STLE owners will be looking for quick cash and now they have an answer if they in chitown region.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Wall Street would blame the harsh weather in the first quarter...

So true. Remember all of the corportae 10Q's and 10K's with their own "Tragic events of Sept. 11th" sections that lingerd on for years blaming poor results on this? It seems that many industries/market segments are blaming poor results on this past Winter's shitty weather. What a joke.

#59 9 years ago

8k game? Uh, no. 6250 game? Yeah, no.

Great shots, flow, speed, color, design, toys.
Rules? Meh. Not horrible but not polished either.

I would call this the 1987 grand national of pins. Came out new overpriced, hasn't made a name for itself yet, but future looks bright for this title. I can easily see this staying near new pricing if rules are up to pf design speed.

Whysnow, you have a good thread idea, but your implementation seems sided to what YOU want to hear.

#60 9 years ago

You guys are arguing about a few hundred bucks

$6250 vs $6500 vs $6750

I think that's all ballpark

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think 6250 says he is serious enough to talk. Maybe when Stern comes out with the next title, some STLE owners will be looking for quick cash and now they have an answer if they in chitown region.

Do let us know if he's getting any interest/responses at that price point. Nothing beats a market test!

#62 9 years ago

All I have to say is the pro is well worth the money!

#63 9 years ago

One sold at PAGG festival for 6100.00 but it was routed, it still looked very new. I was bummed I missed it at that price.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

All I have to say is the pro is well worth the money!

I agree, I think the pro models are always, "well worth the money". The problem with the premium and the LE, if they are not "Great" than the price will eventually be close to the price of the Pro. In my opinion, this is more about the inventory of "Great" games and the prices they sell for. ST is a good game, above average theme, above average lighting, but the price is high and the modes definitely all feel the same.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My gut tells me to advise my buddy to just sit tight and wait the final code release, as they likely will not go up just due to sheer numbers of LEs still sitting NIB and prems also out there. Y? Or N?

Just some thoughts after reading everything. If your buddy wants the game.....why wait (say 6 mos) to save a few hundred bucks? Isn't the fun you would have worth anything? Also waiting could mean it goes up too.

It's seems the goal here is to play the market just right....you are probably better off playing the actual stock market, make the $300 and just buy the pin and have fun with it.

Ps.....we spent $300 in boat gas and beer this weekend

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Just some thoughts after reading everything. If your buddy wants the game.....why wait (say 6 mos) to save a few hundred bucks? Isn't the fun you would have worth anything?

Exactly! In my words it would be "Stop being such a pussy and buy the damn game."

Unknown-632.jpegUnknown-632.jpeg

#67 9 years ago

I have a prem. first nib ever price is trending down as wouldbe expected but not materially easily a 6100 + game all day. Metallica is fun too but Iove the theme too.

#68 9 years ago

Also if the extra money for the premium over pro is irrelevant to the purchase decision the changing LEDs Klingon multiball laser show left lane ball save and extra vengeance moves are worth it jus sayin

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Exactly! In my words it would be "Stop being such a pussy and buy the damn game."

Unknown-632.jpeg 7 KB

That's the way I feel about it also. If ya wait 6 months for it to come down 400-600 over that time period the game will have 400-600 bucks more wear on it to justify the price drop. I had to pass on the LE that was for sale 10 miles away from me which would have saved me 500-600 bucks in shipping which really made it attractive for me. I love my Pro but now I want the bling. Ya get what ya pay for.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Why not? When a pin sells for more than what it's worth everyone who sells the same pin after that expects it to be the new norm.
Good for the folks who like it, but IMO it's not one of Stern's best efforts.

The guy needed the money to buy another pin then and there. It was routed, not HUO. The fact is, if $6100 is now the price then whysnow's buddy will have one in his house tonight.

Something tells me he'll be sitting at home pulling his pud with $6250 in his pocket.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Unknown-632.jpeg 7 KB

My advice to wait it out is to see what comes of the code. I figure even great code will not increase the cost that much, but a lack luster final code could turn it into a regretful purchase.

I love how ST shoots and prob my fav recent Stern just for shot feel, but IF the code is not improved it will likely not hold up in small collection over time.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Even if you overpaid at 7800 on this title then i personally think losing 1k for opening a box should be the norm and not too bad.

I started this thread to look for some data and see where people think it is going, it is hard to take anyone serious when they come in guns blazing and priced high while they own the game, when we also have someone like gambit giving the most valuable data since he had the gut check of trying to sell and seeing the response. Thanks again gambit for telling it straight.

Oh please. I owned the pin and got rid of it too. A lot of what you have spewed in this thread is just untrue crap, like saying that $7800.00 for STLE NIB was the highest price you had seen. What a joke that is!

The more of your posts that I read in this thread, the more I'm beginning to think that it is nothing but a troll thread, with a weak attempt at trying to convince people that their STLE value is taking a huge crap and is only worth $6250.00.

It's not, and it isn't.

Quoted from underlord:

Whysnow, you have a good thread idea, but your implementation seems sided to what YOU want to hear.

Exactly.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh please. I owned the pin and got rid of it too. A lot of what you have spewed in this thread is just untrue crap, like saying that $7800.00 for STLE NIB was the highest price you had seen. What a joke that is!
The more of your posts that I read in this thread, the more I'm beginning to think that it is nothing but a troll thread, with a weak attempt at trying to convince people that their STLE value is taking a huge crap and is only worth $6250.00.
It's not, and it isn't.

Yep, I bit at first and tried to help and be realistic. Then as he agreed continuously with gambit despite the vast majority saying otherwise I figured out the game.

"My buddy's offering X, they aren't selling, he's content as his offering price (despite it being insultingly low), wait on code, blah, blah"

The first thing that I thought when I saw the title was "whysnow's already knows the price and deal with STLE why would he even be asking" but I played right into it anyway.

#74 9 years ago

I am not trying to troll anything. This thread has been valuable. Posts of sales between 6100 and 7150 from routed to nice HUO, plus gambit not getting what he wanted with an asking of 6800, tells me the range of this title is volatile and 6250 is a fine place for my buddy to start.

Would you feel better if he started at 6500 and had less room to negotiate with a potential seller? Why quibble over starting offer of a few hundred when the likely market is probably in the 6700 plus/minus a few hundo range. If my buddy does not find a seller looking to negotiate at this offer then he can either raise his starting offer of forget about it.

6250 is not off the mark and if gambits was still for sale and local my buddy could probably have been convinced to buy his since he is known to take good care of his games.

#75 9 years ago

Just seems silly to me to ask: what's a fair price, so that I can wait for it to come down a couple hundred from there?
Using that mentality, somebody's friend isn't really looking to buy a game.

Edit: serious buyers find fair market value, then add $100 and ask friends to come over to play it on the weekend.
Just sayin.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IF the code is not improved it will likely not hold up in small collection over time

Sure. Just like every other Stern for years and years now. Why is it that people have suddenly developed amnesia when it comes to Star Trek? Unlike Metallica we don't even need inside info to know a major code update is coming, it's public knowledge. And still ...

Quoted from Whysnow:

6250 is not off the mark

It's a joke, but whatever, tell your friend to have fun waiting for his $6250 LE.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

The guy needed the money to buy another pin then and there. It was routed, not HUO. The fact is, if $6100 is now the price then whysnow's buddy will have one in his house tonight.
Something tells me he'll be sitting at home pulling his pud with $6250 in his pocket.

This STLE was in Phoenix Games , played mostly by tournament players & collectors. It was maintained , not moved to multiple locations ( bars , pizza places, etc. )

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My advice to wait it out is to see what comes of the code.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure. Just like every other Stern for years and years now. Why is it that people have suddenly developed amnesia when it comes to Star Trek? Unlike Metallica we don't even need inside info to know a major code update is coming, it's public knowledge. And still ...

It's a joke, but whatever, tell your friend to have fun waiting for his $6250 LE.

For a smart guy you are having a very difficult time comprehending that it is his starting offer.
I think we can all agree that if gambit did not sell his at 6800 the a starting offer less than 10% below that is an acceptable place to start. No different than someone saying they are selling for 7000 obo and then fielding offers and meeting in the middle.

If my buddy wanted to buy RIGHT now then i would advise him to offer more. He is casual, with only 2 games, so in no hurry. Why advise him to offer what others were asking? Makes no sense to me unless he has a need it now POV.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

This STLE was in Phoenix Games , played mostly by tournament players & collectors. It was maintained , not moved to multiple locations ( bars , pizza places, etc. )

Good info, but still routed.

Without having to find the thread didn't he need the money for a game he wanted ASAP at PAGG?

#81 9 years ago

Hey WAKE UP.....this is fun stuff here.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If my buddy wanted to buy RIGHT now then i would advise him to offer more.

If he doesn't want to buy right now, why post this (troll) thread?

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Without having to find the thread didn't he need the money for a game he wanted ASAP at PAGG?

He bought a nib METLE .

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

and we all know what can happen to routed games, not saying what this game was like but we all know what can happen.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and we all know what can happen to routed games, not saying what this game was like but we all know what can happen.

What does happen to routed games in a few months of play? What is that 1500 plays?

#86 9 years ago

Tell your buddy to buy some Apple stock now, WWDC kicks off tomorrow, stock is already up $100 per share since earnings announcement a month ago, currently at $633, splits 7 for 1 tomorrow, then when it gets to $700 or $100 a share split adjusted, use the profits to get a free pin.

Since we are talking market moves here, buy low, sell high, that kind of thing

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree that it got boring, but I disagree with the speed in which it got boring. It actually took awhile for me to get to that point. I think it has to do with the fact that the pin actually does shoot great. I like the layout for the most part. But the 18 modes do all feel pretty much the same like you said, and when you have 18 modes, I think it takes a longer ball time type of game to get more from the game, and ST had somewhat shorter ball times for me at first. So I would keep banging away at it...trying to get further into the modes. Once I was able to do so, but still not get anywhere close to 18 modes, it became more obvious that it was repetitive and boring.
The code update will definitely improve the game, I have no doubt about that. What I do doubt is whether it would change enough to make the game a lot different than it is now.
Anyway, regarding prices, if anyone thinks they are getting a STLE for $6250.00 they are smoking some strong shit. Yeah, the value has dropped, but it hasn't tanked to that degree. The cheapest price that I know of one selling for is $6700.00, and I know of another that sold in the same week as that one for $7200.00.

Not this prior owner, you don't.

Wow, I agree with what you say here regarding repetitiveness (didn't I get slammed around here for daring to express that opinion in the past?) and the price. I have my doubts that new code will refresh this game and make it a long-term keeper, but time will tell. It shoots fast, mainly because there's not much to shoot at. For me, that's an indication that rules may not be able to compensate for the lack of shot variety, and that more people will sell as they get bored with it. I don't buy a lot of games, but I definitely passed on ST after playing it. Interesting that some former owners came to the same conclusion. I still don't get the repeated "buy now, then see if it's a good game" mentality. Maybe for a console video game, but for a pinball machine that costs several thousand dollars? When pin prices drop after you open the box--and stay dropped--as they should, maybe we'll see more discretionary purchases in the hobby. Or maybe not.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If my buddy wanted to buy RIGHT now then i would advise him to offer more. He is casual, with only 2 games, so in no hurry. Why advise him to offer what others were asking? Makes no sense to me unless he has a need it now POV.

Oh come on, you just described 90% of the people here, who would happily buy a popular game if it popped up significantly under market.

Your pathetic attempts at manipulating the market amuse me

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What does happen to routed games in a few months of play? What is that 1500 plays?

all the bumps, bruises, scrapes if not moved with care, beer being spilled on it, people banging it around and if the bar allows smoking well that's a whole different kind abuse...and smell.

#90 9 years ago

Star Trek is a fantastic game.
Relative to how many LE were made 799 units, there really is not that many for sale.
The added eye candy and the gorgeous screened backglass is what sold me.

With the additional speech pack and more code it will only get better, prices should level off if not increase just a little.
I'd say mid to upper 7's.

The market saturation of LE's has taken a toll. Only so many buyers, so much in the pocketbook and gamerooms with so much room.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a friend that thinks he wants to get either a STprem or STLE as his possible next game.
He does not frequent the forums so i told him i would check to see what others say.
What is the honest trend with STprem and STLE. I assume going down since i think I have seen more for sale lately and there were so many LEs made???
What are they going for NIB or HUO? Trending down for now?

I sold my STLE for $7200 off of a simple Craigslist add last Sunday (I actually had a fair amount of interest in the game) I put 400+ games on it in 6 months and enjoyed it very much, but I wanted MB back in the line up so I sold STLE and picked up this really nice MB... It was in home use since 1999.. she is a beaut Clark!
image-49.jpgimage-49.jpg

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Star Trek is a fantastic game.Relative to how many LE were made 799 units, there really is not that many for sale.The added eye candy and the gorgeous screened backglass is what sold me.
With the additional speech pack and more code it will only get better, prices should level off if not increase just a little.I'd say mid to upper 7's.
The market saturation of LE's has taken a toll. Only so many buyers, so much in the pocketbook and gamerooms with so much room.

STLE will never be worth more than METLE and it's going for high 6's / low 7's.

#93 9 years ago

image-941.jpgimage-941.jpg

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I still don't get the repeated "buy now, then see if it's a good game" mentality. Maybe for a console video game, but for a pinball machine that costs several thousand dollars? When pin prices drop after you open the box--and stay dropped--as they should, maybe we'll see more discretionary purchases in the hobby. Or maybe not

Well, I've only bought NIB pins twice without playing first: XMLE and STLE. Every other NIB pin I have bought I played first to make sure that I liked it (AC/DC and MET).

The two NIBs that I bought without playing first haven't worked out that good for me. I've learned my lesson.

In the past I have said that if Stern releases a zombie pin, that would be one that would make me buy sight unseen. I am pretty sure that TWD will be Stern's next pin. I will *not* be buying it until I get the chance to play it.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I sold my STLE for $7200 off of a simple Craigslist add last Sunday (I actually had a fair amount of interest in the game)

Don't you feel guilty for ripping someone off by $1000.00?!

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wanted MB back in the line up so I sold STLE and picked up this really nice MB... It was in home use since 1999.. she is a beaut Clark!

image-49.jpg 35 KB

Awesome, glad you finally landed one. I know you've been looking for awhile.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For a smart guy you are having a very difficult time comprehending that it is his starting offer.

But you're smart enough to know that it's a worthless offer, so why are we even discussing it? Great, a routed one sold at a show for cheap because someone wanted the cash right then and there for a pin. There are deals every day. I missed out on a $800 EATPM to a flipper, he sold it at auction later for $2300. Does that make EATPM a $800 pin or a $2300 pin?

NIB Premiums are still being made for $6500, unless the LE is trashed or someone is desperate for cash it's pretty unlikely they're going to go for below that.

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

STLE will never be worth more than METLE and it's going for high 6's / low 7's.

Serious question, where are the sales for high 6's METLE? I've seen the low 7's, and Bryan got impatient enough to list his for 7, but where are the 6's?

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But you're smart enough to know that it's a worthless offer, so why are we even discussing it? Great, a routed one sold at a show for cheap because someone wanted the cash right then and there for a pin. There are deals every day. I missed out on a $800 EATPM to a flipper, he sold it at auction later for $2300. Does that make EATPM a $800 pin or a $2300 pin?
NIB Premiums are still being made for $6500, unless the LE is trashed or someone is desperate for cash it's pretty unlikely they're going to go for below that.
Serious question, where are the sales for high 6's METLE? I've seen the low 7's, and Bryan got impatient enough to list his for 7, but where are the 6's?

OK, extremely high 6's and extremely low 7's. Two sold local for 6.9 & 7.0. Brian's will be there too obviously. There's another one on Pinside now for 7.2 and that's the asking price. Another for 7.3 asking. It's already started Aurich... there just isn't enough demand to continue supporting these LE's in the high 7's and that's for a METLE. It'll get worse for Mustang and STLE. They are not in the same league as METLE according to most here. Ask anyone if they'd take a Mustang LE, STLE or METLE for the same price and METLE would be picked 8 or 9 out of 10.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, I've only bought NIB pins twice without playing first: XMLE and STLE. Every other NIB pin I have bought I played first to make sure that I liked it (AC/DC and MET).
The two NIBs that I bought without playing first haven't worked out that good for me. I've learned my lesson.
In the past I have said that if Stern releases a zombie pin, that would be one that would make me buy sight unseen. I am pretty sure that TWD will be Stern's next pin. I will *not* be buying it until I get the chance to play it.

Don't you feel guilty for ripping someone off by $1000.00?!

Well Rob, I will be buying two LE's. One Rick Grimes LE and one Zombie LE.

Sight unseen for this title. Aww yeah...

Excited!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Excited!

I feel your excitement!

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Excited!

I am really looking forward to see what comes also!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-trend-on-stprem-and-stle-going-down-or-up/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.