(Topic ID: 92724)

.??? Price trend on STprem and STLE?? Going down or up?

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mnpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-844.jpg
image-941.jpg
image-49.jpg
Unknown-632.jpeg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I have a friend that thinks he wants to get either a STprem or STLE as his possible next game.

He does not frequent the forums so i told him i would check to see what others say.
What is the honest trend with STprem and STLE. I assume going down since i think I have seen more for sale lately and there were so many LEs made???

What are they going for NIB or HUO? Trending down for now?

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a friend that thinks he wants to get either a STprem or STLE as his possible next game.
He does not frequent the forums so i told him i would check to see what others say.
What is the honest trend with STprem and STLE. I assume going down since i think I have seen more for sale lately and there were so many LEs made???
What are they going for NIB or HUO? Trending down for now?

For sure trending down. That may change when the Urban voice pack comes out though.

#3 9 years ago

Current trend down but not by much.
Will trend up and down with code release and when Stern stops production it gets real interesting.

#4 9 years ago

So what are they realistically selling at and where do people think they will go?

My impression is that many don't like them and they could be the next XM, regardless of code?

My gut tells me to advise my buddy to just sit tight and wait the final code release, as they likely will not go up just due to sheer numbers of LEs still sitting NIB and prems also out there. Y? Or N?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For sure trending down. That may change when the Urban voice pack comes out though.

Any idea when code update will come? Also, is the update just for more voice work or will their be ruleset improvements also?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My impression is that many don't like them and they could be the next XM, regardless of code?

ST seemed like a pretty well received game. Not sure where you got the impression it's a stinker. Love mine. But hey what do I know, I also love my xmen pro. Maybe I just have horrible taste in pins.

#7 9 years ago

Boat anchor right now

#8 9 years ago

I like it, but general consensus from local crew seems that many prefer met and acdc over it?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Boat anchor right now

Did you sell yours? I think i remember seeing you were selling?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did you sell yours? I think i remember seeing you were selling?

I traded for another machine + $$$. I am very pleased with my deal, but I would have never sold it for a number starting with 7. It was just sitting.

#11 9 years ago

Wall Street would blame the harsh weather in the first quarter...

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like it, but general consensus from local crew seems that many prefer met and acdc over it?

Yes some, only some have sold theirs. But st has great potential and SR is not going to quit now on this game. I'm still liking it...but then again I like sm, im, lotr and woz as well. Maybe I have bad taste in pins as well.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I traded for another machine + $$$. I am very pleased with my deal, but I would have never sold it for a number starting with 7. It was just sitting.

Thanks for honest data from a real previous owner.

So, do you think 6800 may be realistic for a LE in chicagoland area?

Also, can anyone share what NIB originally sold for? I thought i remembered 7200, but honestly not sure if remembering that correctly.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Wall Street would blame the harsh weather in the first quarter...

Wall Street isn't blaming anything on anything. Maybe analysts are blaming numbers on weather. But Wall Street is honey badger right now.

#15 9 years ago

I think 7100-7400 shipped was the range NIB. I dropped to $6800 and had a few nibbles before the trade was made, but no one was jumping at it. I kept running into people telling me they see selling from. $6100 (routed one on fire sale) to $6500 (HUO supposedly sold in Cali off the board, but I saw no confirmation).

#16 9 years ago

Thanks gambit.

Ill tell him to wait it out based on this info.

Maybe ill see if he wants to toss out a number around 6500 and see if anything pops up in chitown region.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Any idea when code update will come? Also, is the update just for more voice work or will their be ruleset improvements also?

I have no idea when it is coming, but I am sure there will be some code work too. They need to work on the modes and give them some individuality for sure.

#18 9 years ago

Just talked to him on the phone. He says he is in no hurry so said he would currently offer 6250 for HUO in chitown region or a few hr drive.

If anyone wants to sell then pm me with details and i can take care of logistics.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think 7100-7400 shipped was the range NIB.

A bit higher than that around here. $7,800 would have been common during the initial LE release.

Quoted from Whysnow:

He says he is in no hurry so said he would currently offer 6250 for HUO in chitown region or a few hr drive.

I wish him well, but there is no way I would sell for that price. Perhaps someone will.

#20 9 years ago

Sorry craig, sounds like you may need to shop with a new distributor in the future? That is the highest i have heard yet for NIB.

#21 9 years ago

Def trending down but $6250 prob isn't a high enough bounty to get a nice HUO example.

PS it's not a "boat anchor" it's a good game and likely only getting better. I have an METLE and an STLE. The STLE gets more plays from my non-pinhead friends. And it's not even close.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Maybe analysts are blaming numbers on weather

True. Nice first quarter with -1% GDP?! And yet, record highs?

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is the highest i have heard yet for NIB.

That's what I was quoted originally. I backed out and got a refund. I bought one months later at a lower price.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Def trending down but $6250 prob isn't a high enough bounty to get a nice HUO f youexample.
PS it's not a "boat anchor" it's a good game and likely only getting better. I have an METLE and an STLE. The STLE gets more plays from my non-pinhead friends. And it's not even close.

They don't seem to be selling and i trust Gambit's word, so his offer is likely realistic for chitown area. Likely not gonna bring someone out, but it is at least a reasonable buying offer if someone decides it is time for STLE to leave and wants cash in short notice.

My buddy is a good guy and has cash on hand. Keep it in mind if you are a potential seller.

#25 9 years ago

I just sold my STLE to a Chicagoland buyer 3 weeks ago. $7150. HUO with 180 plays.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They don't seem to be selling and i trust Gambit's word, so his offer is likely realistic for chitown area. Likely not gonna bring someone out, but it is at least a reasonable buying offer if someone decides it is time for STLE to leave and wants cash in short notice.
My buddy is a good guy and has cash on hand. Keep it in mind if you are a potential seller.

It's a high price point. Not many want to pay that kind of coins for an unfinished game. Totally understandable.

I think your buddy could get a steal if he catches the right seller. Not saying that it's not possible. $6250 would really be a great deal for an STLE. I wish your buddy luck and hope lands one.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I just sold my STLE to a Chicagoland buyer 3 weeks ago. $7150. HUO with 180 plays.

Why did u decide to sell?

Why st and not one of your others?

#28 9 years ago

STLE got boring real fast. Faster than any other pin I have owned. I think it is the most beautiful pin ever made, but the playfield just doesn't have much to shoot at. Every mode felt the same. I don't see how new code will change it much.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

STLE got boring real fast. Faster than any other pin I have owned. I think it is the most beautiful pin ever made, but the playfield just doesn't have much to shoot at. Every mode felt the same. I don't see how new code will change it much.

That says a bit considering your past owned list.

Thanks

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Sadly, I concur with this sentiment for the most part. Wow looking. Meh playing. Blah modes. They will improve it, and it has potential to be really good. I doubt great, but few truly are, after the honeymoon is over. I prefer Metallica, easily.

#31 9 years ago

If he wants to spend $6250 for an LE he can just skip buying the game, no one is going to be dumb enough to sell that low any time soon unless they're just desperate for instant cash or something. A Premium? Yeah sure, that's just a couple hundred under NIB, that's normal depreciation. Good luck though, because Premiums aren't popping up on the market much, just the LEs, probably because some people bought them in a rush because they were LEs, and didn't really want the actual game that badly, and aren't willing to wait out the code.

It's the same old story, Metallica is a great game, but only if you bought it recently or waited out the code drought.

#32 9 years ago

I doubt he gets much interest at $6250. Everyone wants $7200+ for theirs, and they sit. The truth is in the middle. If he really would like to have one, he should offer $6700 as a standing offer.

#33 9 years ago

Prices are certainly trending down now, but I really believe that will only be temporary until we see the version 2 code - that is going to determine the long term trend. Personally, I really believe the trend will turn and stay up by the end of the year.

It doesn't seem to me that there have been a lot for sale relative to the numbers out there, but rather normal turnover from the early adopters/buyers. STLE is certainly no X-Men and owners won't wait as long for finished code as some of the other recent titles.

Unless someone really don't like the game or need the $/space, I think selling now (and certainly selling at a loss) is a risky bet against SR and the code update.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I doubt he gets much interest at $6250. Everyone wants $7200+ for theirs, and they sit. The truth is in the middle. If he really would like to have one, he should offer $6700 as a standing offer.

Yeah, i agree. He says he is happy to take a wait and see approach. 6250 is where he is at now, but if someone wants to sell at something under 7 then pm me and i will give you his info.

#35 9 years ago

Stop buying incomplete games

Save your buddy!

#36 9 years ago

Star Trek is not a stinker. Anyone who sold their's prior to the next code update is shooting themselves in the foot.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Star Trek is not a stinker. Anyone who sold their's prior to the next code update is shooting themselves in the foot.

You wouldn't be biased on the theme, now would you, Captain_Kirk?

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You wouldn't be biased on the theme, now would you, Captain_Kirk?

Nope, just common sense. I see prior X-Men owners re-buying that game....

#39 9 years ago

Maybe i should retitle this thread "come defend the value of your STLE".

I like the game, but seems like the writing is on the wall. It was likely over priced coming out of the gate with so many LEs? The pump and dump LE world seemed to have dried up with this title.

I hope the code improves but it really does seem that the time has come for this title to dip to the overall reality of our high dollar pinball world, which is a decreasing value of the top end???

I also agree that my buddy should just wait out the code and then decide if he really wants one. I don't see the price increasing on the LEs much even if the code does round out the game.

#40 9 years ago

For what, 5500 +\_ a couple hundred?

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I bought a Premium because I thought the LE was too overpriced. So I'm not really caring about defending it's value. It's just that they made a ton of them, people rushed to grab them at first after the Metallica disaster, and now you're seeing some on the market. It's hardly the sky falling. The vast majority of the sales here are of LEs, not Premium or Pros. That's more an indictment of the model than the game.

Personally I still enjoy mine, not looking to sell in the slightest. I hope the new code really takes to to a better place, no question, but it's far from a "boat anchor" IMHO.

All that said, I hope prices are trending down. Sick of them going up. We should get to a place where you lose value when you open the box, that's normal and healthy.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I got an idea, how about you not ask for peoples opinion if you don't want their opinion then. You could easily rename this to thread to, "I'm only going to listen to the one person whom agrees with my thoughts."

Do I own, ST? Yes
Do I think it's a great game? Nope
Do I think it has a potential to be a great game? Not really either
Are people dumping their games? Nope

Does any of the above mean they are selling for $6250 now? Nope... Even your one supporter for the game sucking and being a "boat anchor" agrees that the number out there is wishful thinking.

#43 9 years ago

The value of the pin is a boat anchor. The pin itself is fine. But let's not pretend that the market hasn't taken a big dump on the title.

#44 9 years ago

a moment of silence *cough* for "the king"

#45 9 years ago

No bigger than most other games. Heck, the "value" of this title is not different than METLE and I consider METLE a better game. You didn't see people paying $10K for STLE like you did for METLE and from what I've seen they are selling for about the same these days. "Boat anchor" would be XMLE, AVLE, TFLE. I don't consider $400-$500 depreciation in aprox 6 months timeline at boat anchor. That's just normal depreciation of a pin. Just another solid reason why it's not smart to buy these things as investments too.

I'd Argue that the market is starting to take a bit of a dump on pinball in general (not just this title) and I for one feel it's about time. To many games out there to be paying some of the stupid prices for these new pins now until they are proven. You can feel things changing and quick.

#46 9 years ago

Good thread... I have been in the market for a HUO or VGC Pro. I have only seen three for sale - $4,400, $4,100 and $4,250. My rationale is if the Pro is still over $4k then the LE should still be over $6,500. That may not be the best logic though. Somebody tell me now if the ST Pro is going to be listed for $3,500 after the new code!

I have seen XMEN LE for sale at $5,000 several times. And I passed on a HUO Pro for $3,400... yeah that was dumb on my part.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I agree that it got boring, but I disagree with the speed in which it got boring. It actually took awhile for me to get to that point. I think it has to do with the fact that the pin actually does shoot great. I like the layout for the most part. But the 18 modes do all feel pretty much the same like you said, and when you have 18 modes, I think it takes a longer ball time type of game to get more from the game, and ST had somewhat shorter ball times for me at first. So I would keep banging away at it...trying to get further into the modes. Once I was able to do so, but still not get anywhere close to 18 modes, it became more obvious that it was repetitive and boring.

The code update will definitely improve the game, I have no doubt about that. What I do doubt is whether it would change enough to make the game a lot different than it is now.

Anyway, regarding prices, if anyone thinks they are getting a STLE for $6250.00 they are smoking some strong shit. Yeah, the value has dropped, but it hasn't tanked to that degree. The cheapest price that I know of one selling for is $6700.00, and I know of another that sold in the same week as that one for $7200.00.

Not this prior owner, you don't.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry craig, sounds like you may need to shop with a new distributor in the future? That is the highest i have heard yet for NIB.

Then you simply were not paying attention when these first when up for sale. That was a very common price by reputable distributors when STLE was first sold.

#49 9 years ago

That's more an indictment of the model than the game.

All that said, I hope prices are trending down. Sick of them going up. We should get to a place where you lose value when you open the box, that's normal and healthy.

Couldn't agree more with these two sections of your post.

#50 9 years ago

$7,850 and $7,900 was the preorder price I was quoted for STLE. I do know of two guys that bought NIB at a much lower price than I was quoted by the same distributor. I waited and bought used. I think the only way this guy will get a STLE for $6,250 is if the new code doesn't hit before the next title is announced and people want to free up cash for the next big thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-trend-on-stprem-and-stle-going-down-or-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.