(Topic ID: 146410)

Price Police Helps or Hurts?

By kporter946286

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do the Price Police Help or Hurt PS?”

• Yes! They help keep resale prices under control. 77 votes
      60%
    • No! It's annoying and dissuaded me from placing a game in the Market. 52 votes
      40%

(129 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ofo8Te7.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 8 years ago

Do the Price Police Help the PS community by keeping prices as low as possible or does it hurt PS because sellers don't want to deal with the never ending BS and its not worth the hassle?

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

It's good for new users who don't know prices yet to not be fooled into buying something for way too much, but for most of us it doesn't matter because we know what the games are worth and what we'd pay for them.

Isn't that why clubs exist? If you want a Bride of Pinbot wouldn't you just ask the guys in the club about it? Isn't that why PS list est MV next to game info? Guys who troll (IMO) every single For sale thread over a couple hundred dollars just annoy the shit out of me. What happened to List price? Negotiations? Free Market rule?

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

if you don't a want conversation, don't start a thread.

I dont mind conversation but attacking people, lying about secret cabal's and posting private PM's on threads are all BS in my book. If the price is that bad in theory wouldn't game just sit and not sell? Why not let that be embarrassment enough. Along with negative feedback rating? Guys with multiple sales 100% positive feedback that are being attacked by guys who have nothing better to do bothers me.

1 week later
    #59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Guessing you did not expect the poll to turn out this way?

I didn't know what to expect. But they love em! So keep up the good work

#60 8 years ago

I was more talking about guys bitching over $300. Against long term Pinside Users not Guys who just show up with an overpriced game out of the blue. But I admit I am of the minority. Doesn't make me wrong just proves the masses aren't always correct!!! Lol!

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from jchiu:

I agree with this. Most people are reasonable. People dont comment if it's a few hundred dollars. And if someone really wants it, they'll pay the price regardless of what others say.

See TeeKee's TWD Premium thread. That's and recent b.s. on a few other threads that were less than $500 between Seller and P.P.

#70 8 years ago

WhySnow Merry Christmas. I am done with this subject.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-police-helps-or-hurts?tu=kporter946286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.