(Topic ID: 241488)

Price Police - fuel the fire with back in the day prices

By WeirPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

game room 09 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-04-25-09-46-03~2 (resized).png
    Geometric+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+58+at+_84783b327341dbf45a9a940d40aa0513 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago

From 2007-2011 it was raining deals. Non stop “cheap” games on CL, and enough that everyone competing to get them got something cool. Some of my highlights:

LOTR $500 from a stuntman who worked on the movie. He said the studio got it for him for $700 & figured it depreciated.

Dr. Dude $400 sitting in a lady’s backyard. It was faded to hell & the main ramp melted, but it worked.

Big Guns $300 at a garage sale

BK2K $700 from a photographer who just had it in his studio for photo shoots.

NGG (HUO with almost no plays) $2200, bought from Marty Ingels, voice of Pac-Man in the 80’s cartoon. He was married to Shirley Jones. She stared at me from a distance like “why the fuck is this guy in my house!?”

Apollo 13 $800 - HUO with shaker and topper

Goldeneye $650 from someone who got it from an old arcade operator friend but just wanted it out of the garage.

BSD & Fish Tales, HUO, $3000 for the pair.

Addams $2400 - 5 min from my house! Bonus!

Whitewater $750

WOF, NIB $2400 when that Canadian game store was blowing them out.

BTTF, my very first pin - $300!

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great list of stuff but Addams was no bargain. THAT WAS THE GOING RATE!
    I bought many Addams Families for between $2000-3000 between 2003-2010.

You were buying earlier than me. When I bought that Addams, they were prob going for $4k or so. Was still a decent deal at the time. Plus it had some extras already like a Pinball Pro sub installed.

Oh, I remembered a few more...

DE Star Wars w/ topper $900
    DE Jurassic Park $700
    Elvira & The Party Monsters $500

The last “deal”/used game/project I bought was a Monster Bash for $4k from an operator...2011 I think. Not mega cheap, but MB’s we’re going for $10k+ at the time. Needed a ton of work, but still have it and it still plays great.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I was actually getting sick to my stomach reading these prices.
    Someone just listed a $5200 funhouse....
    F**K ME!!!

I bought a Funhouse around 2008 I think for $1200. Put a TON of work into it. Sold it for $1600. lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-police-fuel-the-fire-with-back-in-the-day-prices?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.