Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Sijcolo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

What is the current pricing on theatre of magics? anything specific I should be looking for that is game specific?

Thanks in advance,
Sijcolo

#2 9 years ago

I've seen them go in the Denver area for about $4500.00 recently. Never looked at one in person though.....

#3 9 years ago

Hard to say. They don't seem to come up too often.

Asking price around here seems to hover between $4500-$5500. I think a super nice one should be $6k or so but again who knows.

One thing about this title is people LOVE to cover the game in mod junk and then want to add the cost of all that garbage into their asking price. I wouldn't pay a dime for that stuff except for a color DMD which is fantastic on this title.

What to look for - broken plastics (especially at ball launch and the inlanes at the bottom) cracks on ramps (like every other game) at entrance and spirit ring. And the trunk takes a beating. I think you can find replacements for all this stuff if it worn items bother you and you don't mind throwing money at it.

#4 9 years ago

Had one and sold it years ago; so can't really comment on the pricing as I'm out of the loop.

Only things I remember as troublesome dealt with the trunk. The first was the trunk itself getting busted up. The early aftermarket ones didn't hold up too well. Not sure if they are any better now or not. The second was the plastic opto interrupter for the trunk would break at the shaft. They ended up making aluminum ones that were much stronger. I sold my game before those ever came out.

The rest of the stuff was typical pinball things to look for. Busted plastic ramps, broken plastics, playfield wear, etc.

#5 9 years ago

Insert wear on the illusions, damage around the T-Nut to the right of the trunk (people tend to muck around there to stop ball hang ups), haunted basement wear from a bad flap. everything else can be fixed with parts.

I've had 2 ToMs the 1st one had issues holding the ball on the left outlane save. I replaced damn near everything to get it to work and then sold the game. the one i have now works great, not sure what it was....so yah, check for that

-c

#6 9 years ago

I'd say $4500 - $6000 depending on its condition and what has been done to it. Yes, mods don't traditionally add to the price of a pin, but you're going to want to make it look nice/play nice once you get one. Think about if you want to drop $500 yourself and do the labor or pay more and not have to do it.

Check to see if the eddy boards / magnets for outlane saves work reliably. (auto eddy boards = $30/ea)
Check to see if opto interrupter has been upgraded to aluminum/is cracked. ($30 for the interrupter)

Also echoing what everybody else said.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the advice.

#8 9 years ago

Any body in colorado looking to sell a Tom?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-on-theatre-of-magic-and-what-to-look-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.