Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheGMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

arnold_pects_flex.gif
011.JPG
009 (2).JPG
013.JPG

#1 7 years ago

I am interested in a nice Terminator 3 machine off of a friend. Just wanted to see what people have to say? From what I can tell the game has a great theme, Steve Ritchey, and lots of features! I don't see why this game is not rated higher? Talk me into it!

#2 7 years ago

I owned one for about a year. Sold it to a friend for $2200. It is a fun game. Some people complain that it is too much like T2. I've played T2 a few times and never really got into it. I still play my old T3 when I'm over at his house. I like the backbox game as a way to break things up, could go without the video mode but it is fine (way better than the video mode in BF). Sounds can be a bit repetitive ("Shoot here and here") although I like the use of Arnold's voice. The terminator stuff is cool.

The only problem I had with the game was the diode on the auto plunger broke free which shorted a transistor. Stern did make a update kit for it which placed the diode remotely from the auto plunger coil, probably a good idea to do this.

#3 7 years ago

The guy I am buying it from is a big collector and spends a ton on keeping the games in optimal shape! It has LEDS, side mirrors, and a shaker I think? The game is in almost perfect condition, way nicer than routed versions I have played.

#4 7 years ago

I like my T3 not sure of the low ratings but to each their own.TAF is well liked but i do not find it the same way,go figure.

#5 7 years ago

A super nice T3 tops out at about 2500

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

A super nice T3 tops out at about 2500

Yea, that's about what he is asking. plus 200 for leds, and 100 for side mirrors so 2800 in almost perfect condition with a couple extras. I am not crazy about the game but it isn't that bad compared to some titles.

#7 7 years ago

When a T3 Is dialed in, it is an amazing game! All the flow of a Ritchie, the Modes are not as easy, you actually have to complete them to get credit, not just activate them. A very solid game, at a great price. Something one can buy, play a good time, and generally break even, if it falls from grace.
Many people who have played heavily routed games, or ones not lined up correctly, get disappointed with the flow.
My first one, was a routed one, that although error free, didnt play as smooth as my second one.
It is definitely a game to have and try out with low risk, and high Joy! Beating it is a challenge that can be done, but not so often. And....I do like the RPG backbox, there is much more to that part of the game then people realize.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

And....I do like the RPG backbox

That's the big selling point for me! I like the RPG, totally kicks ass!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Yea, that's about what he is asking. plus 200 for leds, and 100 for side mirrors so 2800 in almost perfect condition with a couple extras. I am not crazy about the game but it isn't that bad compared to some titles.

If he's giving you a "friend" deal then I would definitely say 2500 as it sits is more than fair.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

If he's giving you a "friend" deal then I would definitely say 2500 as it sits is more than fair.

Yup, that's what I am thinking. I can live without it, just want to give a chance to a game that I feel may be under rated. Not going to pay a high premium for it either.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

$2,500 is more than fair. At that price you are most certainly paying a premium and high dollar. T3 can be had for much less. Just because someone may have overpaid for $200 LEDs and mirror blades, doesn't mean they can automatically pass that burden on to you. I had a T3 for awhile and it is fun, but gets old like most games. I like the game and still play it when I see it on route, but don't need to own another one. FWIW, I found myself hating the RPG in a home use environment cause it came up so often. A little odd since I normally like video modes and there is some strategy to the order of hitting the targets during RPG.

#12 7 years ago

Agree on 2500$ not a bad game at all. I really enjoy it.

#13 7 years ago

I've owned it a few times because I got a good deal (1500-2k range), and always enjoy it.

"Shoot here and here"

I'd own it again just to bang on it for awhile and then move it on down the road. It's also the only game I ever put on location / decent earnings.

#14 7 years ago

I agree on the prices people are quoting. Not a super popular or easy to sell title but, if the price is 2K and it's in good shape, I would buy it. If you pay 2800 for it, do not expect to resell it for that much.

#15 7 years ago

T3 is a game that only has ramps and ramps and more ramp shots ...I really didnt like this stern title .....

#16 7 years ago

There's one on ebay for $6800. HUO.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

There's one on ebay for $6800. HUO.

Awesome! That sounds like a bargain! :-0

#18 7 years ago

Have one and its staying for a long time. People love playing this game. I guess it helps if your a Terminator fan. Not too hard, not too easy. Good game for your collection!-Joe

009 (2).JPG
013.JPG
011.JPG

#19 7 years ago

If it looks like ^^^^ that one, then 2800 would be fine assuming you will keep it for awhile.

#20 7 years ago

Oh WOW!!!! That's beautiful!

#21 7 years ago

Yes the one I'm considering is close to that one, beautiful example!

#22 7 years ago

I think you will be happy with it. I love mine, and it is routed and definitely not perfect. There is a ton of stuff to do and has kept me interested for a couple years now. Great value for what you are getting.

#23 7 years ago

Sold mine years ago and really miss it.

#24 7 years ago

You'll be bak....

#25 7 years ago

I did pay more than 2800.00 for mine. This one was in the most amazing condition. 1 owner, very low plays, zero wear around flipper buttons, playfield perfect. Don't mind paying more for games in this condition with a long term commitment on my end!-Joe

#26 7 years ago

I'm on my second one. Fun game. I could take or leave, but my wife REALLY wanted it....

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I could take or leave, but my wife REALLY wanted it....

She likes the Austrian Oak, huh?

arnold_pects_flex.gif
#28 7 years ago

I'm the one with the game have about $2800.00 in it and decided $2550.00 was my final price. Which I think is fair as I have we gotten at least $250 of enjoyment out of it. I love T3 but have we had it for 2 years and beat it almost every time I play it for a bit. So that being said it can be sold to fund something fast and hard which is going to be Avatar LE.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So that being said it can be sold to fund something fast and hard

Insert joke here

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm the one with the game have about $2800.00 in it and decided $2550.00 was my final price. Which I think is fair as I have we gotten at least $250 of enjoyment out of it. I love T3 but have we had it for 2 years and beat it almost every time I play it for a bit. So that being said it can be sold to fund something fast and hard which is going to be Avatar LE.

That's right, you got it...
It's not a particularly hard game, but the callouts are campy and personally I LOVE the sound of the ball hitting the metal ramps...!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm the one with the game have about $2800.00 in it and decided $2550.00 was my final price.

Fair price!

#32 7 years ago

I love T3, fun to play with those metal ramps and hitting combos.

The Red mode is just cool. And the bass? wow, this game needs an external sub hooked to it. A good one.

#33 7 years ago

I've always been interested in picking one up... but most that I run across have bad flipper button wear. I wonder how hard it would be for somebody to produce a mylar flipper button protector with the decal pattern already printed on it.
Regardless... I also think it's an underrated game.

#34 7 years ago

I picked mine up around 6 months ago for $2600 and I'm very happy with it. I found mine in excellent condition with a full CT LED kit, new legs, new rails, and chrome flipper bats. Think about it, with the RPG, metal ramps, etc, if this game was released today, it would probably retail for way more than what a Stern pro goes for.

#35 7 years ago

I went to play and look at it over the weekend. I'm sold on it! It seems to be a great package at a affordable price. I like the metal ramps and the callouts are decent. I seems to have a good amount of objectives to complete. Worse case scenario I will play it for a few months and then move it on. I try to give any game I buy at least 3-4 months before selling.

1 month later
#36 6 years ago

What would a T3 NIB be worth?

#37 6 years ago

IMO- I like T2 more

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside