• Latest reply 6 years ago by jfre81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PIZO2823 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

I've been offered $6.5k sight unseen

(as I tell people who try to buy it, I wouldn't sell it for less than it would cost me to buy another one, plus $5k)

Quoted from mof:

Around 20 known copies in NA, pretty tough supply.
-mof

That few? Source? Or just going off the pinside owners list?

*checks ipsnd and pinballowners* holy crap, they have even less listed than pinside does (in US)

5 months later
#11 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This isn't true... one sold at Allentown about a year (or two) ago for around 4K. Could be wrong about that... but pretty sure

I thought the one two years ago was asking $9k and was gone in a few hours?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My memory is a little foggy... but I'm pretty sure that it sold for less. Could be wrong

I recall hearing it sold for less than that too, but if they were willing to sell on day one I doubt it was less than half their asking price

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Wow, I didn't realize this title was that hard to come by and sold for such high prices. I had a chance to play one a year ago and enjoyed it, so I put it on my wish list. The Mr. Pinball price guide says that 1,230 were built and that the value is $1,400, so I was assuming maybe I could pick up a nice one sometime in the $2K range. (LOL) So why is it so few seem to exist now despite the original production run being over 1,200 (which is still rare, but not THAT rare)? Did an unusually high number of them get destroyed? Also, how could the annual price guide be that far off the mark? Some people swear by that book when buying games. I know that nice examples of older titles often bring way more than the book price, but this one is nowhere in the same ballpark.

It mostly comes down to a few things, I think:
1. It's a really fun game, so people are less likely to sell it
2. It's a really different game (6 slings, dual level, outlane flippers, rotating captures), so it stands out compared to some other rarer games
3. There are more people with money to burn than there are Spirits owned by people who don't have money to burn

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A HEP Spirit would be freaking awesome to have...

He was on here a while trying to find NOS playfields I think

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-of-gottlieb-spirit-pinball?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.