Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by jfre81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PIZO2823 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

What is the price point of a very nice to excellent Gottlieb Spirit Pinball? Or shall I ask, what would a collector pay or sell theirs for?

#2 2 years ago

Certainly North of 8K for one that's very nice. What are you trying to pay or sell one at? There are a lots of threads on the game.

#3 2 years ago

Potentially trade in and cash on my end...

#4 2 years ago

i say 4 to 6k very good looking game

#5 2 years ago

Around 20 known copies in NA, pretty tough supply.
-mof

#6 2 years ago

Yes..they start at 6K if in decent shape.
Add in the usual for clear coat, board upgrades, HUO (if any exist, probably not).

It's cool..but you really, really got to love Gottliebs.
7K plus does a lot in the pin world, old school or new.
I'll take a Circus Voltaire, or a perfect Fathom first.

#7 2 years ago

Last one sold for 6K in the US, but really I'd assume it comes down to how many buyers are interested at the time it comes up for sale. No a whole lot of sales history available for that one.

#8 2 years ago

It's a weird game for sure. I don't even know how you're supposed to deal with the upper left side of the PF.

#9 2 years ago

I've been offered $6.5k sight unseen

(as I tell people who try to buy it, I wouldn't sell it for less than it would cost me to buy another one, plus $5k)

Quoted from mof:

Around 20 known copies in NA, pretty tough supply.
-mof

That few? Source? Or just going off the pinside owners list?

*checks ipsnd and pinballowners* holy crap, they have even less listed than pinside does (in US)

5 months later
#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Last one sold for 6K in the US, but really I'd assume it comes down to how many buyers are interested at the time it comes up for sale. No a whole lot of sales history available for that one.

This isn't true... one sold at Allentown about a year (or two) ago for around 4K. Could be wrong about that... but pretty sure

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This isn't true... one sold at Allentown about a year (or two) ago for around 4K. Could be wrong about that... but pretty sure

I thought the one two years ago was asking $9k and was gone in a few hours?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Around 6K was the last public online sale at least, I guess there is fluctuation privately

#13 1 year ago

Not that great of a game imo. I'd take Black Hope over Spirit any day.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

My memory is a little foggy... but I'm pretty sure that it sold for less. Could be wrong

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My memory is a little foggy... but I'm pretty sure that it sold for less. Could be wrong

I recall hearing it sold for less than that too, but if they were willing to sell on day one I doubt it was less than half their asking price

#16 1 year ago

Only increases the mistique of the pin.

#17 1 year ago

When I tried to get as many Spirit's as I could together for the PAGG show, one of them didn't make it because it got a solid offer of 10K on it and it was sold.

Steve

#19 1 year ago

Wow, I didn't realize this title was that hard to come by and sold for such high prices. I had a chance to play one a year ago and enjoyed it, so I put it on my wish list. The Mr. Pinball price guide says that 1,230 were built and that the value is $1,400, so I was assuming maybe I could pick up a nice one sometime in the $2K range. (LOL) So why is it so few seem to exist now despite the original production run being over 1,200 (which is still rare, but not THAT rare)? Did an unusually high number of them get destroyed? Also, how could the annual price guide be that far off the mark? Some people swear by that book when buying games. I know that nice examples of older titles often bring way more than the book price, but this one is nowhere in the same ballpark.

#20 1 year ago

I have to think there are over 100 in North America. Regardless, super rare game that everyone wants.

#21 1 year ago

Not many Spirit's survived (like a lot of the System 80 games that were parted out) since back then, there wasn't much known about keeping them bulletpooof. I don't believe that there are more than 200 Spirits left in the world and most are now in collectors hands. Once an actual game count can be done, then the real price will be figured out.

As to the price guide, it's more of a buyers guide for leverage than one for sellers.

Steve

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I'd take Black Hope over Spirit any day.

Same here.

download (resized).jpg

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Wow, I didn't realize this title was that hard to come by and sold for such high prices. I had a chance to play one a year ago and enjoyed it, so I put it on my wish list. The Mr. Pinball price guide says that 1,230 were built and that the value is $1,400, so I was assuming maybe I could pick up a nice one sometime in the $2K range. (LOL) So why is it so few seem to exist now despite the original production run being over 1,200 (which is still rare, but not THAT rare)? Did an unusually high number of them get destroyed? Also, how could the annual price guide be that far off the mark? Some people swear by that book when buying games. I know that nice examples of older titles often bring way more than the book price, but this one is nowhere in the same ballpark.

It mostly comes down to a few things, I think:
1. It's a really fun game, so people are less likely to sell it
2. It's a really different game (6 slings, dual level, outlane flippers, rotating captures), so it stands out compared to some other rarer games
3. There are more people with money to burn than there are Spirits owned by people who don't have money to burn

#24 1 year ago

I sold mine in April and overall it was in pretty good shape. I sold it to finance my purchase of a NIB TWD premium. It sold for enough to pay for that and several mods for it as well. The guy who bought it had me ship it directly to Chris Hutchins for a complete restore. So after all is said and done, they will have quite a bit tied up in that pin. I would love to play it after its done though.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from action76:

I sold mine in April and overall it was in pretty good shape. I sold it to finance my purchase of a NIB TWD premium. It sold for enough to pay for that and several mods for it as well. The guy who bought it had me ship it directly to Chris Hutchins for a complete restore. So after all is said and done, they will have quite a bit tied up in that pin. I would love to play it after its done though.

A HEP Spirit would be freaking awesome to have...

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A HEP Spirit would be freaking awesome to have...

He was on here a while trying to find NOS playfields I think

#27 1 year ago

I played Clay's recently at the vfw

#28 1 year ago

I know someone selling a minty one in the So. Cal area for 9k.

#29 1 year ago

I'd like to thank whoever brought the Spirit to Allentown. I had a chance to play her and realized that for me this is no longer a gotta have it pin.

#30 1 year ago

I've only played 3 games on Spirit and although it was fun, I think I like Black Hole better.

1 year later
#31 9 months ago

the most of the spirit pinball's are exported to France there are hunderts of them i found one today in a barn in the city of Dunkerque lucky me
i have also a new repro backglass in a few weeks anyone interest in a spirit back glass whit real mirror

PIZO2823 (resized).jpg

#32 9 months ago
Quoted from scaryflippers:

the most of the spirit pinball's are exported to France there are hunderts of them i found one today in a barn in the city of Dunkerque lucky me
i have also a new repro backglass in a few weeks anyone interest in a spirit back glass whit real mirror

Congrats! Find of a lifetime

#33 9 months ago

Thinking as a player as opposed to a collector, if I want oddball 80s Trudeau layouts I'd just as soon have Hollywood Heat for much, much less. This is a much cooler looking cab/translite though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 15.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
€ 8.40
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
€ 50.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside