Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SmTSQrQ.jpg
    2O1Xf1k.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Saw this on reddit and thought some of you might like it. Reddit post said 1997 but considering CV is on there maybe early '98? Ironically that's the exact price I paid for my WCS94 last year.

2O1Xf1k.jpg2O1Xf1k.jpg

SmTSQrQ.jpgSmTSQrQ.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Anyone want to trade a AFM for a Barb Wire? They are worth the same obviously.

#3 9 years ago

Cool to see.

#4 9 years ago

Good find. Wish it stated which ones were new or used though.

#5 9 years ago

On that price list Medieval Madness is at least $800 over what you could have bought the game for NIB in 1997, so I suspect all the other prices were considered over market value at the time.

#6 9 years ago

I wish i got in this hobby way earlier .....

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

On that price list Medieval Madness is at least $800 over what you could have bought the game for NIB in 1997, so I suspect all the other prices were considered over market value at the time.

Somebody on reddit said the same thing. Hard to imagine WW going for much less though.

#8 9 years ago

I refuse to read this.

#9 9 years ago

Wow thats crazy the cheaper ones on that list are now some of the most expensive tz taf and others like the sega ones are alot cheaper now but I guess alot had to do with the age of the machine on that list

#10 9 years ago

JD was still a $1,400 game

#11 9 years ago

so... I just threw up in my breakfast!

Buck

#12 9 years ago

So funhouse was the best bang for your buck for sure

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

So do 1,678,243 others ---

#14 9 years ago

Anyone want to sell their creech for 1700? Heck, i'll even give you 1900 so you can make a profit.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

Easy to think that but if pinside existed in 1997 and this list was posted FS, all hell would break loose about crazy over priced pins and how are they worth that, etc.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

Anyone want to sell their creech for 1700? Heck, i'll even give you 1900 so you can make a profit.

Just bought mine this spring for $1650 plus tax. True story.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just bought mine this spring for $1650 plus tax. True story.

Where are these when I'm looking? One day....

#18 9 years ago

Those prices seem like bargains compared to today's prices. Heck, I haven't seen a TAF for less than $5k in a long time, even with a worn playfield.

It's amazing that new tables cost $6k-$8k

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

Where are these when I'm looking? One day....

Just got lucky. Exact same game was $3150 last year.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Note that the price list mentions they do not sell to businesses, which large route operators did try to avoid. So, yes, those were home prices. However, the home market was still relatively small that year. It wasn't until WMs closed their doors that the home market really took off. And yes, those prices are about right for that time!

#21 9 years ago

Wow looks like I got my Jack-Bot far under "retail" over 15 years later. Hurray for B titles!

#22 9 years ago

I love the price of the Space Jam $3899 LMAO!

#23 9 years ago

It looks like they where based on some kind of 'blue book' value since they are equivalent to age.

Mike V.

#24 9 years ago

Yeah well, gas was also around $1.10/gal back then, too. Hell, gas was $1.75/gal when Obama took office. Remember that?

Not me.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Hell, gas was $1.75/gal when Obama took office. Remember that? Not me.

Man, I couldn't believe your $1.75/gal gas story (in Cali, no less), but I took a look here (http://www.californiagasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx) and low and behold there was a window of cheap gas there in late 2008/early 2009. Of course it looks like they were charing $4.50/gal in May of 2008 and back above $3 by summer 2009. Makes pin prices look pretty steady by comparison!

#26 9 years ago

I'm going to get my dad to scan in his actual receipts from late 80's very early 90's and ill add it to this post.

#28 9 years ago

OP's list is a little deceptive, so I created one factoring in inflation for 2014.

http://tinyurl.com/lwg4uwb

or

https://copy.com/0MKeb6hnKL66

Some of those games were a steal @ today's prices.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Saw this on reddit and thought some of you might like it. Reddit post said 1997 but considering CV is on there maybe early '98? Ironically that's the exact price I paid for my WCS94 last year.

2O1Xf1k.jpg 204 KB

SmTSQrQ.jpg 214 KB

you paid $2299 for your WCS!???

#30 9 years ago

Hopefully none of you bought a Shaq Attack back then. $2899 wow!

#31 9 years ago

Imagine back then having to choose between Mario Andretti and Attack from Mars with both of them priced at $3,899.00 each? You would probably spend weeks trying to make that tough decision.

#32 9 years ago

Clearly my employer in 1997 was wrong when they said to invest in my 401K. I should have invested in pinball machines instead.

#33 9 years ago

Even adjusted for inflation I'd take that Funhouse!

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Imagine back then having to choose between Mario Andretti and Attack from Mars with both of them priced at $3,899.00 each? You would probably spend weeks trying to make that tough decision.

But if you played both, I'd sure hope you'd take AFM 99% of the time.

Yes, I have played both.....

Chris

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Anyone want to trade a AFM for a Barb Wire? They are worth the same obviously.

Heck no! Barb Wire is worth much more than that now.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you paid $2299 for your WCS!???

Yup. treveism games are worth every penny! And according to the inflation page I got a 1000 dollar savings

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Yup. treveism games are worth every penny! And according to the inflation page I got a 1000 dollar savings

I was just surprised as it was originally advertised for $2100 I thought.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was just surprised as it was originally advertised for $2100 I thought.

2100 would have been nice. But it was 2300

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cv-wcs-and-diner-in-nw-suburbs-of-chicago

#39 9 years ago

Space Jam is worth like 2.3 times more than Addams Family apparently.

#41 9 years ago

He offered it to me for $2100. You should probably work on your negotiating skills Ken

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

He offered it to me for $2100. You should probably work on your negotiating skills Ken

Steve told me you OFFERED him 2100 and that he said he wasn't ready to take less at that time. I offered what he was asking, I got one of my favorite pins that's in great shape, why can't you just be happy for me? Are you still mad that I knocked you out of the SCS?

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Are you still mad that I knocked you out of the SCS?

Nah, you needed the help of an official to beat me

and I am happy fo you, just giving you a hard time. Any pin that Mike shopped out in the past is worth a premium because you know he has gone over it with a fine tooth comb.

Now you jusy need to get 2 more pins so you can host league

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-list-from-1997 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.