(Topic ID: 228650)

Price Increase On NIB Stern Machines In Australia

By ausretrogamer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 9.41.57 AM (resized).png
    DP (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago

The same is true in the UK, we are being gouged there is no doubt about it (although I don't know if this is stern or our disty electrocoin (the latter of whom add zero value at all!)).

Pinball's shipped to the western EU countries are much cheaper to the point where quite a few Brits (not me but friends of mine) have imported from the EU (EU law means companies can't interfere with pricing), lets take the last two releases.

All prices include tax and shipping to your door. To ship from France adds more shipping costs than from UK, I've included that in the pricing below.

UK dealer price EU Dealer price (5th November VISA (retail) exchange rate)
    DP Pro £6,495.00 £5,713.21
    DP Pre £8,695.00 £7,513.21
    DP LE £9,995.00 £9,322.01

IMDN Pro £6,495.00 £5,449.15
    IMDN Pre £8,695.00 £7,221.52
    IMDN LE £9,995.00 £9,322.01*

(*there is no price listed for IMDN LE in the EU as its sold out so I've assumed same price as Deadpool but I actually think it was a few hundred euros less).

These include door to door shipping from Western EU states (Germany, France, Benelux) to the UK.

Currently the UK LE price of £9995 is fine with me, but if it crosses the 10K mark I'll be importing from EU too, £10K is my absolute top limit for pinball machines even though I could easily afford a lot more.

Pinball Heaven our retailer here in the UK is excellent in supporting us and varies pricing he gets almost daily on an exchange rate basis but he just isn't getting the support from his suppliers to price better but there is no doubt we are being ripped off. Its pretty depressing to be treated like that.

Cheers,
    Neil.

#23 5 years ago

Well the claim is that the home use market isn't so big, I think thats bullshit because I don't see hundreds of pins going on locations; and a couple of the big location route companies rarely buy NIB.

And now you've made me feel worse about the gouging! LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-increase-on-nib-stern-machines-in-australia?tu=NeilMcRae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.