(Topic ID: 179136)

Price History of Pinball Machines

By nicknack66

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7912 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7913 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I was just curious how much Williams pinball machines cost to operators back in the the early SS days (e.g. Flash, Gorgar, Firepower), as well as System 11 games, and then during their DMD era (e.g. T2, BSD, AFM)? Just curious from a historical perspective knowing that back then there really wasn't a home market. If this has been asked before and someone can point me to the answer that would be great as well (I didn't find it - most of what I found was NIB prices for more recent games, or talk about the cost of the hobby these days). Thanks for any history you can share.

#2 7 years ago

Gottlieb System 1 about $1800. Gorgar about $2200. AFM on about $3400.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

There was a post s while back of an old sheet with prices on a ton of games that would make you cry today. I'll look for it-- possibly from xTheBlackKnightx ?

#4 7 years ago

1994-98 ish , guessing.
    List I made from classified ads and RGP from way back.
    JP

IMG_7913 (resized).JPGIMG_7913 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

list from 2000.
    BTW: That's what I paid for my TZ the same year. Been here for 17 years
    JP

IMG_7912 (resized).JPGIMG_7912 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

Thanks all for the bit of history!

#7 7 years ago

Just found my old Mr Pin price guide from 2004. Unbelievable what pins were going for back then.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from joey__p__1966:

1994-98 ish , guessing.
    List I made from classified ads and RGP from way back.
    JP

Quoted from joey__p__1966:

list from 2000.
    BTW: That's what I paid for my TZ the same year. Been here for 17 years
    JP

before drooling too much over these prices, it should be kept in mind that these games were probably heavily routed, not well maintained, and finding parts was extremely difficult. none of them would have been "shopped" by modern standards.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

before drooling too much over these prices, it should be kept in mind that these games were probably heavily routed, not well maintained, and finding parts was extremely difficult. none of them would have been "shopped" by modern standards.

I would say drool away. I bought many of my '90s W/B games back in the late 1990s for prices between $1000 and $1750 shopped, that includes TZ and IJ, all beautiful games, too. Biggest exception was MM, cheapest one I had a chance to buy was $2800, but it had some repair issues that were beyond me at the time. Some parts were hard to find, especially plastics, but I had no trouble keeping things running. Most of these pins had only been routed four or five years, then rotated out for newer equipment. Operators I knew couldn't wait to get rid of TZ as it was a handful on location.

11 months later
    #10 6 years ago

We had this one going for a while. A few gaps in the timeline, but you can draw some conclusions from the data.
    -mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-of-nib-pins-back-in-the-day

3 weeks later
    #11 6 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

We had this one going for a while. A few gaps in the timeline, but you can draw some conclusions from the data.
    -mof
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-of-nib-pins-back-in-the-day

Thanks, appreciate the link!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-history-of-pinball-machines?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.