(Topic ID: 216762)

Fair Pinball Buying/Selling. What is considered good pinball etiquette?

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Brazy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it ok to turn a big profit on selling a sought after pinball machine?”

• YES! 233 votes
      73%
    • NO! 43 votes
      13%
    • MAYBE! 43 votes
      13%

(319 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 5 years ago

In 1970, I paid $900.00 for a 1959 Corvette. In hind site, I bought it cheap, drove the daylights out of it, and sold it cheap. Then prices started moving up. In 1981, I paid $10,000.00 for a 1960 Corvette. It was a little nicer than the '59 I had, but $10,000.00 nicer? The market said so. I sold the '60 in 1986 for $14,000.00. In hind site, I should have kept it as that same Vette, today, would sell for $60,000.00

Did somebody get gouged? No. Nobody "needs" a Corvette. We pay willingly. Until the price bumps up beyond what we can afford to pay. And then we bitch that we are being gouged.

I want my '60 Vette back but the price gougers are keeping it from me. The price should have stayed the same price that I sold it for 30 years ago. It's not fair.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I think it's ridiculous, and I think some people have more dollars than sense.

That's a completely subjective question with so many ranges, variables, and possibilities that there is no way I could narrow it down to a "one answer covers all" statement. #1 issue of X-men vs a signed Babe Ruth Card vs a 67 StringRay Split-window, vs a screen-worn Indian Jones fedora..."

Ah... that would be a '63 Split Window Coupe. StringRay, of course. The split went away in '64. The '67s claim to fame was the 427 big block L-88. And there was also the Tri-Power in '67.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

There are a lot of sketchy folks in this hobby and industry.
    Most were here well before the advent of the internet. The car salesman stereotype has nothing on these people.

Before you know it someone is going to call the pin they are selling a "real creme puff" and owned by a 1st grade teacher

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Anyone who wanted to buy an LE but missed out, who then see what you’re doing is going to feel screwed over.
    And the 1 person you ripped off for one $2000 (or whatever it was that you added for your “services”) should also feel ripped off. Lastly, that same buyer if he/she ever has any warranty issues since they’re not the original buyer.

Just because someone "feels" like they have been screwed over, does that actually mean they have been screwed over? What one's opinions, thoughts, feelings, beliefs, or suspicions might be, can be different than what is actual.

#128 5 years ago

Yeah. No shit. If what he is saying is the Wall Street format, then the end is probably close.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-gouging-in-pinball-what-is-considered-good-pinball-etiquett?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.