“Purchase Rolling Stones LE?”

• Great game, buy it. Start me up. 10 votes
    14%
  • Not bad for a little while. Mixed Emotions 18 votes
    25%
  • Wild horses couldn't drag it to your door. NO 44 votes
    61%

(72 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

What is a Rolling Stones Limited Edition worth? Also the game gets bashed, is it really that horrible? Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Bump

#3 8 years ago

I didn't like it. Didn't want to "learn" a new skill (pop up post save buttons) just for one game. Kinda felt like cheating too!

#4 8 years ago

No idea, but I just watched the vid, and I think the save posts and ceramic ball are neat touches!

#5 8 years ago

"Role that beautiful bean footage.

#6 8 years ago

I dig the Stones music, even the guys playing were trying to convince them selves in liking the game. When it was first announced and all it didnt get good hype do too cheapness introducing the new LE vs Pro. Mick even played it and got a bad score and the post/story some how dropped fast from the media. If the price and condition is good and all make an offer if your a Rolling Stones fan.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks for input. Would like more opinions.

#8 8 years ago

I owned one for a bit. I traded it straight up for a RBION and it was mint. I just couldn't get into the gameplay. It was fun for a bit but got old fast. Very shallow ruleset.

#9 8 years ago

It's a fun game but it's pretty easy and can become a bit of a slog. Ramps are huge and tough to miss. All shots are tough to miss. Mick on a Stick gives it some randomness.

It's a decent game I like playin it every now and then but it's certainly not the most inspired Stern table. Also, theme integration is pretty poor. All of the artwork was repurposed from some other Stones product (I think it was a board game) which gives it all a very mediocre cut n paste feel that doesn't respect the Stones' long history (it's all circa 2002 art), and the whole package (audio, dots, art) comes off as pretty slap dash - especially compared to much more immersive rock band games like AC/DC or Metallica. Audio is basically some guy with a British accent doing uninspired callouts and a bunch of stones songs of varying quality post 1971 (so none of the great early hits).

#10 8 years ago

I really enjoy the PRO. Played it a good amount on location here when it was out.
I saw the LE once in a store when it came out, it's a damn good looking game,
it's more solid built, has the UK style out posts with buttons for them,
has magnets under the playfield but I didn't notice them in action.
Sadly, I missed out on one in the state on craigslist, some guy in Colorado paid to have it shipped...
I'd say it's around a $5k game HUO.

#11 8 years ago

Would be fun for a little while, but certainly not a long term keeper.

#12 8 years ago

I did not buy one, and only played about 20 games on it, but usually by 20 games, I have a good idea if I will like a game or not. I didn't with this pin. It just didn't do it for me. As some have noted above the theme integration isn't great. If you have limited space for pins, you should try it before buying it. On the other hand when I played spiderman I was hooked by game 10. I would suggest trying if you can.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I dig the Stones music, even the guys playing were trying to convince them selves in liking the game. When it was first announced and all it didnt get good hype do too cheapness introducing the new LE vs Pro. Mick even played it and got a bad score and the post/story some how dropped fast from the media. If the price and condition is good and all make an offer if your a Rolling Stones fan.

themselves
due
to
somehow
are good
you're

#14 8 years ago

played Rolling Stones several times. to my surprise, it was awful. before i played it, i'd never met a pinball machine i didn't like. but it was just no fun. hated the Mick on a Stick. hated the layout, didn't enjoy the rules.

i say that as someone who enjoys their music.

#15 8 years ago

Hmmm. Not looking good for Mick and the boys. In the videos the music seems chopped up. Also heard some unfamiliar songs, did they use enough classic Stones tunes?

#16 8 years ago

Bump

#17 8 years ago

The game is just barely OK for a short time. I've only played it on location, and at first it is fun. But then (as said above) it gets easy. Too easy. The shots don't hold interest, and the rules don't hold your interest. And honestly, every tim Mick on a stick came out I was hoping to be the one to get an airball and pick him off of that stupid thing. And if your playing just hoping to be the guy to snap the Mick plastic, you have issues. But that is a different story...

#18 8 years ago

Could have been better. The dancing Mick gets old on the 1st ball of every game................

#19 8 years ago

Guess you need a minority report then.
Played about 20 games too. The extra flipper buttons for outlane/central saves are fun and hard to master. Mick on a stick may look awful but it is a good moving bash toy.
No idea about the price, would not buy one unless cheap, but I miss it now (game is gone from my friend's lineup).

#20 8 years ago

I love stones music but this game sucks shit, LE or pro.

Complete turd!

I wish it wasn't true, I'd own one.

Buy it and you will be stuck with it until you find a sucker to take it off your hands, maybe at a loss.

Chris Kruger

#21 8 years ago

The game is not that great. I think the LE with chrome and some mods is a beautiful pin. One of my Pinside buds has one with custom sound too. I would probably only have it in a larger collection or plan to rotate it out after a year or so.

#22 8 years ago

The game is fun to play and gets a bad rap from non owners. Tom Kopera who designed cactus designed it. It deserves a shot.

#23 8 years ago

Here is my take on this as I'm looking for an LE as well. I'm a fan of the stones music.

Very nice looking machine, good music and fun to play although isn't the most complicated rules or layout.

If you can find one more towArds the bottom of what it is worth and are planning to keep for a while then go for it.

Definitely gets a bad rap on the forum. From what I gather the Mick on a Stick breaks frequently.

Good luck

#24 8 years ago

I think Rolling Stones LE is a fun and has a great layout. It has wider ramps and good proximity to the flippers. Next to Star Trek LE, I think it is the fastest game in terms of flow and quickness. The ball really rips around the ramps quickly. Mick on the stick is actually pretty cool and I enjoy the moving target. At first I did not care for the song selection but they have grown on me. I have turned down offers for $5200 and I think the LE is the way to go with the pop up savers and ceramic ball with double scoring. It also is a really rare LE model with estimates of less than 100 actually produced. If you can get an LE in good shape you should definitely consider one. The double flippers with pop up savers is a blast and adds another dimension to the game play.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think Rolling Stones LE is a fun and has a great layout. It has wider ramps and good proximity to the flippers. Next to Star Trek LE, I think it is the fastest game in terms of flow and quickness. The ball really rips around the ramps quickly. Mick on the stick is actually pretty cool and I enjoy the moving target. At first I did not care for the song selection but they have grown on me. I have turned down offers for $5200 and I think the LE is the way to go with the pop up savers and ceramic ball with double scoring. It also is a really rare LE model with estimates of less than 100 actually produced. If you can get an LE in good shape you should definitely consider one. The double flippers with pop up savers is a blast and adds another dimension to the game play.

Bud I don't think you've ever met a pinball game you didn't like

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have to agree totally with this very accurate assessment.I have a RSLE , and I too have turned down offers to sell.It was designed by Tom Kopera, who yes,did a great job with Cactus Canyon.

#27 8 years ago

It's fun. It's basically an "Easier Iron Man" with cool music. At the right price, it's worth having for a bit!

#28 8 years ago

I hope to own one someday.

#29 8 years ago

It gets a bad rap on here but it really can't be that bad as they are seldomly for sale pro or LE

#30 8 years ago

I've received very few opinions on price. Some as low as $3800 to $5000. Surprised an LE could go as low as $3800. For those who like it, what would you spend to get one?

#31 8 years ago

More like $5k, if you can find one cheaper grab it!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'd say it's around a $5k game HUO.

Pinflation has happened but not to that extent on this game.......there's been people trying to sell them for $3500 on here and they sit. One someone tried asking $5K a few months ago and it didn't get any bites. If I have 5 grand to spend on a game, there are tons of better options that this one.

Quoted from Psw757:

It gets a bad rap on here but it really can't be that bad as they are seldomly for sale pro or LE

Yes it really can be that bad of a game. This game goes to show not every "theme" with a band can be a winner. And I like the band but this game is dog. Mick on a stick......oy. You can slap graphics on a turd but in the end it's still a turd.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Also heard some unfamiliar songs, did they use enough classic Stones tunes?

I'm sure you have heard every song a million times, believe me:

It's Only Rock 'N Roll
Happy
Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Hang Fire
Brown Sugar
You Got Me Rockin’
Hand of Fate
When the Whip Comes Down
Shattered
Start Me Up
She's So Cold

The only deeper cut that is a treat for true Stones fans is Rain Fell Down. It got airplay in Europe, but I never heard it played in the States:

#34 8 years ago

I don't think this is even close to being a $5k game. One mans opinion. And I'd like one someday.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don't think this is even close to being a $5k game. One mans opinion. And I'd like one someday.

It's not...so when you get one for less than that, enjoy it! Fun is fun.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I've never seen one actually sell for $5K.

Usually ~$3.4k or so.

#37 8 years ago

Hmm. So $5k is out of the question??

#38 8 years ago

It is so predictable how a thread can go downhill so fast when the bashing and mob mentality sets in.
Good luck finding one for $3k.
Simple solution: Just don't buy it and move on.

#39 8 years ago

I'd say pro $3k and LE $4k

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

I've never seen one actually sell for $5K.

If you feel it's worth $5,000 then don't let any of us stop you (like maybe it's still in the box).

But, if you have the patience, I'm 97.9999% sure you could find one for much less money.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure you have heard every song a million times, believe me:
It's Only Rock 'N Roll
Happy
Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Hang Fire
Brown Sugar
You Got Me Rockin’
Hand of Fate
When the Whip Comes Down
Shattered
Start Me Up
She's So Cold
The only deeper cut that is a treat for true Stones fans is Rain Fell Down. It got airplay in Europe, but I never heard it played in the States:
» YouTube video

That's a pretty good tune... nice tittie shot at the end was a treat! Haha!

#42 8 years ago

I've never liked it. It just seems lack luster in most departments.

#43 8 years ago

Really horrible machine.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Yes, it is crap. A sub $2K game. If I had to choose between plying it a most Sys-11 games I'd take the sys-11

I took one out of the box and my friends arcade and was actually confused it was so bad. I love Stones music and every time I would go there I would play it trying to force myself to like it.

Good songs, at least the 3 seconds you get to hear before you hit the stupid Mick on a Stick until it changes. With AC/DC you get into a song Mode and hear it while you play. This thing keeps switching like an ADD kid with the remote control clicker.

Nothing satisfying about the shots. With Mick-on-stick try to imagine Monster Bash where Drac is out Full Time just ruining the game.

Sorry, but it had earned the bad rep. If you buy it and hate it you will have a hard time unloading. Why don't you take the tried and true advice and PLAY IT FIRST

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sorry, but it had earned the bad rep.

It's not always true, but it certain(t)ly is here. I myself wouldn’t pay five ducats for it, if someone offered it to me to farm it!

#46 8 years ago

Maybe the op should just buy a WrestleMania machine instead.I hear that the supply is definitely available.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Yes, it is crap. A sub $2K game. If I had to choose between plying it a most Sys-11 games I'd take the sys-11
I took one out of the box and my friends arcade and was actually confused it was so bad. I love Stones music and every time I would go there I would play it trying to force myself to like it.
Good songs, at least the 3 seconds you get to hear before you hit the stupid Mick on a Stick until it changes. With AC/DC you get into a song Mode and hear it while you play. This thing keeps switching like an ADD kid with the remote control clicker.
Nothing satisfying about the shots. With Mick-on-stick try to imagine Monster Bash where Drac is out Full Time just ruining the game.
Sorry, but it had earned the bad rep. If you buy it and hate it you will have a hard time unloading. Why don't you take the tried and true advice and PLAY IT FIRST

I have to agree with your post. We like (love) Stones music too! Not this pin though...we (wife and I) really want to like it and own it. We have not missed a Stones tour in 30 years of marriage! The pin is just very boring for us. We had maybe 15 minutes of fun the first time...then downhill. Mick stick ruins it. So do all the 2D band images. Still can't believe Stern did not go 3D on Mick and others Anyway...we were offered a huo pro for $2,900 not long ago, we said no. It was mint except the cab underside had damage...like it was picked up wrong with a fork lift. Seller did not know the cause of damage...was second owner of pin. I look deep when considering a pin so that is how I spotted the damage. Yuck! An LE is worth more but not much, at least not much more to us. Again, Stones lovers here...if someone offered us a mint huo LE for $3k we would say no...believe it or not. I am confident an LE is worth every penny of $3k to others though...just not to us

GL either way!

#48 8 years ago

Thanks for all your input. I decided to pass on TRS. It's almost 3hrs away and I'm not driving 6 hrs to play a game that doesn't sound promising and is way over priced.

#49 8 years ago

horrible game. The Econoline mothership of Stern. Looks cheap as shit. Not that fun. it's the bottom of the stern lineup.

1 week later
#50 8 years ago

One of the reasons in unsure if I really want to pursue buying this game is because there are 4-5 songs that I can't stand.

So I was thinking that since the individual songs really aren't tied to a game theme or meaning and is just background music can they be modified like a lot of people do on the ac/dc machine?

Sure would be pretty sweet to add paint it black, gimme shelter, satisfaction,can't you hear me knocking and doom and gloom to name a few.

Would this be possible?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-fun-rolling-stones-le/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.