Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bulb (resized).jpg
tb (resized).jpg
Rose Bowl (resized).jpg
Barnacle Bill (resized).jpg
10282DB1-E649-4F41-9E11-6670054C91DE (resized).jpeg
A5E6926D-D097-44AE-893E-6078766B056A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

The playfield looks so boring but the back glass makes up for it. What a contrast.

#16 5 years ago

I kind of miss the days when collectors seemed to focus on collecting a series. The "fairy tale" sales or all the Gottlieb AAB "Fipper" series. I know Rob Berk has or had the Williams "styling of the sixties" games. I was kind of thinking this game has to fill a slot in someone's collection but then I'm not sure many do that sort of thing anymore.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

There are alot of folks like that Alex...they just aren't on Spinside. The forum world has been fractured into so many slices, and so many have just grown tired of posting that IMO it's hard to reach everyone anymore. I think maybe you're just harkening back to the late 90s/early aughts when collectors first started discovering the internet, and you had lots of old timers all posting. Most forum people are relative noobs today...
And as far as this title...lol - I love all the "experts" who've never played this title who say it looks boring. I agree!! Keep those woodrail prices low for me guys!! I'll keep buying them up cheap... ) Hmmm...Utah isn't really THAT for away when you think about it...
You never see that title and I think it looks like there's alot more than meets the eye...and that's because woodrail after woodrail surprises me again and again as you slowly discover new things about each title as you restore, then eventually start playing them.
Sean

When I said the playfield looked boring I was mostly referring to the art. And it's not terrible, just not as dynamic as a lot of the games from this era. I'm always drawn to the art first and foremost. Then the gameplay seems to make it or break it for me. I bet it is a good player. Gottlieb was pretty creative in this era with multiple ways to win and none of them easy. Like you say though this is the time to be a wood rail guy. Most of the new crowd see them as ancient artifacts and a lot of the old timers are full up or scaling back.

#26 5 years ago

Ha, sometimes in the forums it feels like Mom and Dad are getting in a fight. We're not fighting we're having a "discussion." Sean and Wayne are both great guys.

#28 5 years ago

It is true I don't ever recall RGP being regarded negatively. At least not in the Pinside EM group. Well Frank gets mentioned on occasion but we have him here now too. He seems a little better over here though. I guess he has to be.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Every time I see this thread title it makes me wonder how much the neighbor is worth.

Some neighbors are worthless and some are priceless. I have some of both types.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-estimate-for-a-neighbor?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.