(Topic ID: 135004)

Price check/approximate value gauge on a "project" Space Odyssey.

By KennyL

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BCpinhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I found a project level looking "Space Odyssey" on eBay and fairly near to me, it's priced at $350 or best offer. ebay.com link » Williams Space Odyssey 1970s Pinball Machine Needs Worked On

He states that when you plug it in, it racks up score until a fuse blows. Could be a multitude of shorts or stuck switches in an old EM, so I'm not terribly worried about that. I'm assuming it needs fully restored anyways, and would take it at the project level (something to put time and money into, and not worry too much about making that money back later ). The fact that it powers on and does something is promising, and I assume it would be fully restorable. The backglass looks fairly chipped, though. If I do a close visual inspection (I wouldn't buy without an inspection in person) and find the machine is in similar shape inside as it is on the out (hopefully in better shape than the backglass), is this in the ballpark price range for someone who's taking on a project level machine? What would a fair offer be on a machine of this condition?

#2 4 years ago

To me , $150 - 200 Tops

#3 4 years ago

Agreed. Backglass is near impossible to find.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I thought the backglass would be a key issue since it's so hard to replace and very difficult to repair even by someone with experience. I may attempt to talk them down, or may just pass on this one.

1 week later
#5 4 years ago

I just picked one up today for $250 cdn. Cab and pf are in very gd condition. Bg is near mint, no flaking. Same issue though, powers on but nothing else. Have to wait and see when it gets here what's wrong with it. Been in a old lady's basement since 70s. Probably explains the awesome backglass.

#6 4 years ago

I bought a repro CPR back glass from Larry at starship fantasy a few months ago....worth every penny and great to deal with. He may have one left? I bought my project Space Odyssey for $200 can ...it has multiple issues but is complete and playfield is decent. I still need to finish it but saving that for a winter project.
Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
$ 49.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Deadpool Premium Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.40
$ 214.99
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside